Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Josh Too and the conflicts PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 3,815 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4,090 reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 5, 2016
Other reviewers have mentioned the metal contact probe won't spring back after repeated use and unfortunately that's truth . Just one time inserting plug in a speaker/amp jack & removing it results in a loose less than secure connection, the probe crushes and doesn't spring back after the initial insertion, it's spent.
If you're a perfectionist about audio you'll be sending these back. The contact crushes and will not return to original shape.
I guess the majority of folks stick these together & forget about them & that's why so many people give high marks.
I'm using mine wth a Yamaha RX-A660 AV tuner and a 7.2 channel Klipsch reference speaker setup & had to be very careful with my wire routings so I didn't have to remove them.
For now they'll have to suffice but I'm in the market for some quality plugs that can be cycled.
In the past I've used a more classic style with dual set screws or the bfa type with non conductive plastic sheath. I found some here marketed by "eastone" that don't cost an arm and a leg.
If you have an application where you'll be changing your configuration and needing to plug/unplug these won't hold up.
If you look close at the probe design the split/ flared section represents a smaller area compared to others where the whole probe is segmented & expanded, so maybe it's the design & not the material.
The bottom line is that I'm not going to settle for an inferior product, especially when I have so much invested in every other component.
I'm not here to beat up on this product but I feel compelled to join the other reviewers to let you know the shortcomings.
Other than the above issue the design is adequate, the way the wire locks in is good and the body is solid metal with a grippy rubber strip, but is conductive and being a fat diameter run the risk of shorting against its neighbor.
I regret buying these and have asked to return them.
Unfortunately I can't recommend this product.
Two stars because they do work once.
review image review image review image review image review image
on May 16, 2017
I bought a new receiver after about 15 years. LOL! I was going to just run the speaker wire into the speaker inlets (which it had an option to do) but I thought I'd try the Sewell Banana plugs instead. Reasonably priced on Amazon and I'm so glad that I bought them! I watched some YouTube videos on how to install them and it couldn't have been simpler. Took no time to connect the Sewell Banana plugs to each wire and they attached and worked great in my new receiver! I connected a heavy gauge wire for my front speaker and a very thin gauge wire to my back speakers. I was afraid that my thin gauge wires wouldn't "grab" to the banana plugs but there was no problem! I'll probably get heavier gauge for these speakers in the future but overall I had a great experience with the Sewell Banana plug speaker connectors! I would highly recommend them to anyone!
on January 8, 2017
Has a clever integrated screw-in-body design that allows hooking up one of these plugs to a cable in a fraction of the time it takes with the more traditional screw or soldered post designs. Saved time becomes significant considering it takes 16 of these puppies to connect a 7.1 speaker home theater rig.

Banana plugs also remove the guesswork from threading a cable into a receiver's binding posts by touch in the tight confines of a AV cabinet or in a speaker tucked between furniture.

I was surprised that it took the relatively thick 14 AWG cable quite well. No soldering of the cable tips is needed or recommended for this gauge. However, for a cable this thick, it is somewhat difficult to get the plug teeth to catch a previously tinned cable.

On the other hand, for 16 or 18 AWG cable, being thinner, I recommend tinning the ends of the cable and bending to a J with nose pliers prior to installing for a positive grip.

I was resistant to use banana plugs before, but this design won me over.
on July 21, 2016
Love how easily they can be connected. Got these to hook up a home theater speaker system and they worked wonderfully. Used both 14GA and 12GA speaker wire and these plugs were able to accommodate them. I didn't plan well and ended up buying three 6-pair packs. Had I known what my final layout was going to be, I would have bought the 12-pair pack and saved a few bucks. I liked them enough that I ended up switching out the older banana plugs in the stereo system with these also.
One of the plugs didn't fit in to the speaker jack and I just used a different plug from the same package and it worked.
on May 20, 2016
These banana plugs are really cool the way they work. And they work very well. Quality materials. Intelligent design. One caution: Don't go gorilla and over tighten them. You will cut the copper strands. I also feel that these work best with larger gauge stranded wire such as 16, 14, 12 AWG. They worked with the 18 AWG speaker wire I had but there weren't many strands and I really think bigger is better in this instance.
on July 16, 2017
Pros: Supremely easy to install, makes a very secure connection, both electrically and physically, to both the wire and the terminals. And in my experience it does all this better than any other banana plug I've used (and given that I do installations for a living, I've worked with dozens) for less money.
Cons: Mechanism makes these impractical for solid core wire. But if you're concerned about strand jumping in your speaker cable enough to opt for solid core wires, then these connectors are a bad choice for you, because they will have not nearly enough pixie dust anyways.
Other: Don't ever get rid of these Sewell! These are EASILY the best bananas you make.
on April 6, 2017
I love this product. This is my 3rd set. I have not had issues, just keep getting more speakers and AVR components. Some people have stated an issue with how firm the plug fits into the back of their components, especially repeated in/out of components. I have noticed that it loosens slightly over time but as much as to be expected. Plus, if you installed everything properly, why would this be an issue? Do your AVR components move themselves or on some type of moving platform? If so, do a direct connect. I don't have any issue with these banana plugs removing themselves from my devices even with my 15" magnetic drive subwoofer on full blast causing my neighbors house to shake. I have to admit I enjoy the complaints, it means its working...
on April 22, 2017
This was my second purchase of these and they are GREAT. I just replaced an AV home theater receiver and had been fighting the bare wire speaker connections. These plugs install on the wire ends in just seconds. The hold firm and are SOOO....easy to use. I'm now looking forward to one day replacing my new receiver with the knowledge that the transition will be so much easier.
BTW, my first application for these was in an amateur radio shack where a station ground had been extended to the operating positions as banana plugs and the Sewell SW-29863(s) were used to extend that ground to the various transceivers. In this use the Sewell plugs make for a much neater looking operating position.
on April 23, 2017
They work fine. I wish they came with instructions on exactly how much to strip . . . how to get plug contact AND prevent bare wire from pulling out of plug. I found no instructions whatsoever, and have never used or seen a plug up close or witnessed anyone using one. I guess the company assumes people who buy their plugs have experience using plugs. There are many, many, many different ways to attach a wire to a plug. That they left out simple instructions on the "best" way to connect a wire to their plug is a mystery. No diagram . . . no instructions. When you strip a 12ga wire, and spread the bare wire over the contact point, it's difficult to screw the plug base. Diagram/instructions needed.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 23, 2015
I recently had a need to replace sets of cables with Banana plugs which previously used a Monster twist on crimp-less design in which the rubber had separated into two pieces. These deadbolt banana plugs use an innovative connection whereby the copper strands are folded over once inserted through the bottom section and then held in place as the top piece is screwed into place. A very secure connection and one in which it's easy to grab as well. The Monster plugs were basically one time connections before the rubber boot tore in half - not so with these.

I made a 2nd set of 3 cables for a new smaller 2nd Home Theater setup using just a 3.1 configuration. I will be buying more when I move to a 7.1 setup later on.