Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Deadliest Catch Season 7
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM

Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:$26.99

on January 10, 2012
Ah, Deadliest Catch, my favorite show on TV. Season 7 didn't disappoint, even if it was a little darker than earlier seasons and had more boats (and therefore less time spent on each boat).

Returning this season:

The Northwestern: My favorite! I missed Edgar during Opilio season (hope he comes back next year) and think Jake needs to stop whining about how no one respects him. He should focus more on learning the job than who gets more respect on deck. Otherwise things seem pretty normal for the Northwestern crew (long grinds, practical jokes and big numbers).

The Time Bandit: There seemed to less of the Time Bandit boys this season (whether this was because there were fewer things going on on the boat or because of the fallout of the Discovery Channel/Hillstrand lawsuit I don't know) but I always enjoy them, especially with a new greenhorn.

The Wizard: I have to admit that I don't really like the Wizard. I think Keith (and Monte) are abusive and unreasonable with their crew and with their fellow crabbers. Keith needs to go into anger management (this season he flies off the handle to an alarming degree). It did amuse me that Keith was surprised at the huge amount of dead loss they suffered during King Crab season despite the fact that he had them in the tanks for 15 days and the average life span of a crab in the tanks is 10 days.

The Cornelia Marie: I miss Capt. Phil! The boat (and the show) will never be the same without him. In King season, the CM is the scene of lots of drama between the Harris brothers and Derek, the new captain. While I think Jake probably was smoking pot on the boat, I also think Derek's reaction was overblown (and probably stemmed more from his anger at the crew's essential mutiny than him actually being afraid he'd lose his license if Jake was caught on the boat). Things turned around during Opi season.

Also back from last season is the Kodiak: I didn't much care for Wild Bill last season, but I liked him better this go around. He seems more grounded and less 'fly off the handle at everything'. I think he's a good addition to the show.

New this year:

The Seabrooke: I normally don't like the 'new' boats they feature every year, but I ended up really enjoying the Seabrooke and hope they're back next year. Capt. Junior was interesting and the crew was hard working but still fun (and able to take a joke as seen from the egg debacle).

The Ramblin' Rose: I didn't care for this ship or its whiney, 'I'm so awesome' captain. If the Rose didn't return for next season, I'd be only too happy.

Also, please note that this DVD set (the one sold by Amazon) does not include any After the Catch content. I believe the set sold by Discovery does.

If you're a fan of this show, this season won't disappoint you. There's big weather, stressed captains/crews, close calls, injuries and big successs. If you haven't seen this, what are you waiting for?
on February 11, 2012
This season was a bit of a let down. Josh and Jake acted like spoiled brats and we all know Jake was getting high! Either way this season is also missing the After the Catch that is a great addition. I also thought that there were too many boats or something. The show just kind of felt all over the place. Maybe it is just missing Phil.
on May 28, 2011
Well it's definitely another dramatic day on the CM, Little boys refusing 30yrs of fishing experience because they got a little disciplined. The whole fleet was turning up blanks more than usual... On the other hand, what is the point of calling the police on a young man that just lost his father.... a father who they just recently (within the past 5 years) got to know and love and rely on completely. Its one thing to help a young person who has a drug problem, but its quite another to call the police and try to have him arrested and give him a record for the rest of his life.... thats no helping hand, thats a punishing hand.... I think they have been punished enough (losing their father and way of life). Living life without the presence of Dad will be in time punishment enough. JMO
VINE VOICEon June 6, 2015
We ordered eight seasons of Deadliest Catch for a gift since the show is one of this person's favorite. Just gave the DVDs to him today and he loved them. All eight seasons received were new and in excellent condition.
on November 20, 2012
My husband does not work much in the summers and one year I got REALLY tired of him sitting around watching "man" shows so I decided to quit complaining and join him. A couple of episodes later I was a HUGE Deadliest Catch fan. By the end of the summer I had already picked my favorites and told him that if anything ever happened to the boys on the Cornelia Marie, I would be heartbroken. Two years later Captain Phil passed away and although I didn't expect it to be from a stroke, I was still heartbroken. The show has never been quite the same. I still love it and watch it with dedication but it isnt the same. If you are a fan you should still watch these episodes but it is hard and heavy to watch the Harris boys and crew fall apart as well as hard to watch new boats and people be introduced. Like losing a family member and having step-parents or step-children added at the same time.
on June 3, 2014
I bought this for my sons-in-law who live in Australia. They watch the show when visiting us. We sent them the DVD's so they can watch the old shows and look forward to the new episodes when they come for another visit.
on June 5, 2013
In this season, we see less of the "older captains" and see more of the new ones; Elliott and Junior --- this is such a disapointment because it is like this season is focusing more on these two new arrivals. Additionally, the captain of Phil's boat is NOT enjoyable to watch; you get the feeling that this guy is trying to completely erase the memory of Captain Phil - not going to happen.
on July 23, 2012
No matter what year you choose, Deadliest Catch is always as exciting and hard hitting as any show can get. I believe it is the most unstaged reality show on television today. Totally unlike all the rest of the phony reality shows. 99% of these shows are fake and staged as you can get. And a lot of people are falling for these B.S. shows. There is a script for almost all of these bad jokes.
on March 7, 2013
This season was different than the others without Phil Harris. Things are changing for many of the boats and crews and tempers flare, seemingly more. All in all, it was good, but I gave a 4 star rating because of language and some violence. Not sure if we'll go for Season 8.
on March 14, 2013
Punishing storms, shredded flags, flying crane hooks--from a daring rescue on a freighter near Kiska Island to crewmen at each other's throats, I couldn't stop watching. --Roger Weston, author of The Golden Catch