Deadpool 4K Ultra-HD
Blu-ray + 4K
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the manufacturer
Based upon Marvel Comics’ most unconventional anti-hero, DEADPOOL tells the origin story of former Special Forces operative turned mercenary Wade Wilson, who after being subjected to a rogue experiment that leaves him with accelerated healing powers, adopts the alter ego Deadpool. Armed with his new abilities and a dark, twisted sense of humor, Deadpool hunts down the man who nearly destroyed his life.
NOTE:" This Item is a 4K disc and will play only on 4K players."
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. The opening credits of this movie may be my favorite opening credits scene ever. Not only does it set the mood, it's refreshingly honest.
2. This is NOT a superhero movie, no matter what you're thinking. Nobody saves the world here. Nobody wants to.
3. It's about a ex-special forces soldier named Wade who is now an underworld mercenary. He finds a screwed-up girlfriend and they have lots of kinky sex. When he discovers he has cancer, he accepts a shady offer from a weirdo who says he can help.
4. The movie is set in the X-Men universe, and it's Wade's hidden mutant genes that trigger the changes that Wade both hopes and fears.
5. The movie is full of swearing and raunchy, smart-ass humor. And it's like a pop culture quiz show - almost every other thing Wade says is a reference to something else. There are some interesting meta-moments, like breaking the fourth wall inside of breaking the fourth wall. And Reynolds even refers to himself (the actor) as being successful in Hollywood because of his looks, not his acting skills.
6. Behind the humor, however, this movie has a sad and sadistic heart. The funny and snarky comments that Wade makes really are a defense that cover some deeper pain. It's pretty violent for a Marvel comic book movie.
7. Most of the performances in the movie aren't bad, but they're your basic, generic characters that don't really get fleshed out. The movie is all about Ryan Reynolds. It stands or falls on him. Luckily for us, he was made to play this role.
8. The scene after the end of the credits is hilarious. Only about half the audience got the reference, but those that did were clapping. No, I'm not going to say anything about it.
9. This is a relatively cynical, dark, violent flick. People that like to see superheroes as idealized, sanitized, kiddie versions of humanity need to stick with Captain America or The Avengers. The rest of us, the ones that know the world is just a series of trainwrecks... well, Deadpool is our guy.
- Absolutely hilarious
- Too callously violent for my taste
Definitely worth a watch if you can tolerate the overall attitude of the movie that it's okay to laugh at or be entertained by people getting hurt. That's not for me, but there's enough smart humor in this to offer anyone a lot of laughs nevertheless. We bought this title because my wife, unlike me, 100% adores this movie.
Most recent customer reviews
Opening credits alone made my day