No enhanced packaging
DVD + Blu-ray
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the manufacturer
Codec: MPEG-4 AVC (23.88 Mbps)
Aspect ratio: 2.39:1
Original aspect ratio: 2.39:1
English: DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 (48kHz, 24-bit)
Spanish: Dolby Digital 5.1 (448 kbps)
French: Dolby Digital 5.1 (448 kbps)
- English SDH
Deadpool Blu-ray, Video Quality
Deadpool is presented on Blu-ray courtesy of 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment with an AVC encoded 1080p transfer in 2.39:1. Shot digitally with the Arri Alexa XT Plus, Deadpool was (according to the IMDb) caputured at 3.4K and finished at 4K for its DI, so it will be really interesting to see what Deadpool 4K will look like (I'll have a review up for that as soon as product has arrived). The Blu-ray looks fantastic virtually every step of the way, and one of the clearest indications of its level of detail and resolution is in Deadpool's suit itself. This is one superhero outfit that has seen some wear and tear, and everything from the rubbery texture of the spandex to its smudges, fraying and other signs of intense use are put on regular display. While there is a bit of coolness to some of the color grading being utilized, on the whole Deadpool boasts a relatively natural looking palette, and that helps makes elements like the Deadpool costume's weathered red pop quite convincingly. Occasional FX shots aren't overly sharp looking (see screenshots 2 and 9) and I was frankly a little underwhelmed with the CGI Colossus (see screenshot 8), especially with regard to lip movements matching dialogue. On the other hand, the character's steely surface is impeccably rendered in some close-ups and provides a nice comedic sequence when Deadpool tries to fight with him. A few interior scenes are just slightly murky looking, though shadow detail remains commendably high throughout most of the presentation. Some of the green screen backgrounds can look (typically) soft, especially in wide shots. Finally, there are no issues with image instability and no hurdles to overcome with regard to compression anomalies.
Deadpool Blu-ray, Audio Quality
Deadpool features an extremely aggressive DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 track which is a riot of surround activity and some very forceful LFE. Things get off to a fantastic start with a fight on the freeway, one which offers everything from excellent panning effects as various vehicles meet their doom to some massive crash sounds and, later, more "subtle" effects like bones breaking and blades penetrating flesh. There's an overt hyperbolism to the sound design here that plays into the film's overall amped up intentions, and even relatively "quiet" scenes like some dialogue moments between Deadpool and Weasel in the bar offer a glut of background noises dotting the surrounds. Dialogue is rendered cleanly and clearly, even in the long spells when Reynolds mouth is buried beneath spandex. Even though the film is often relentlessly noisy, prioritization is first rate and fidelity top notch throughout the audio presentation.
Hold onto your chimichangas, folks. From the studio that brought you all 3 Taken films comes DEADPOOL, the block-busting, fourth-wall-breaking masterpiece about Marvel Comics sexiest anti-hero: me! Go deep inside (I love that) my origin story...typical stuff...rogue experiment, accelerated healing powers, horrible disfigurement, red spandex, imminent revenge. Directed by overpaid tool Tim Miller, and starring God s perfect idiot Ryan Reynolds, Ed Skrein, Morena Baccarin, T. J. Miller and Gina Carano, DEADPOOL is a giddy slice of awesomeness packed with more twists than my enemies intestines and more action than prom night. Amazeballs!
Disc 1: Theatrical Feature Blu-ray
**Deleted/Extended Scenes with Optional Audio Commentary by Director Tim Miller
**From Comics to Screen...to Screen
**Gallery (Concept Art, Costumes, Storyboards, Pre-vis, Stunt-vis)
**Deadpool s Fun Sack
**Audio Commentary by Ryan Reynolds and Screenwriters Rhett Reese & Paul Wernick
**Audio Commentary by Director Tim Miller and Deadpool Co-Creator/Comics Artist Rob Liefeld
Disc 2: Theatrical Feature DVD
**Deadpool s Fun Sack
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
1. The opening credits of this movie may be my favorite opening credits scene ever. Not only does it set the mood, it's refreshingly honest.
2. This is NOT a superhero movie, no matter what you're thinking. Nobody saves the world here. Nobody wants to.
3. It's about a ex-special forces soldier named Wade who is now an underworld mercenary. He finds a screwed-up girlfriend and they have lots of kinky sex. When he discovers he has cancer, he accepts a shady offer from a weirdo who says he can help.
4. The movie is set in the X-Men universe, and it's Wade's hidden mutant genes that trigger the changes that Wade both hopes and fears.
5. The movie is full of swearing and raunchy, smart-ass humor. And it's like a pop culture quiz show - almost every other thing Wade says is a reference to something else. There are some interesting meta-moments, like breaking the fourth wall inside of breaking the fourth wall. And Reynolds even refers to himself (the actor) as being successful in Hollywood because of his looks, not his acting skills.
6. Behind the humor, however, this movie has a sad and sadistic heart. The funny and snarky comments that Wade makes really are a defense that cover some deeper pain. It's pretty violent for a Marvel comic book movie.
7. Most of the performances in the movie aren't bad, but they're your basic, generic characters that don't really get fleshed out. The movie is all about Ryan Reynolds. It stands or falls on him. Luckily for us, he was made to play this role.
8. The scene after the end of the credits is hilarious. Only about half the audience got the reference, but those that did were clapping. No, I'm not going to say anything about it.
9. This is a relatively cynical, dark, violent flick. People that like to see superheroes as idealized, sanitized, kiddie versions of humanity need to stick with Captain America or The Avengers. The rest of us, the ones that know the world is just a series of trainwrecks... well, Deadpool is our guy.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who bought this item also bought
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > Movies
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Action > General
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > All Fox Titles