Your Garage Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services animespring animespring animespring  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 126 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 135 reviews
on November 8, 2012
This DVD what just exactly what I was wanted and exactly what I was expecting. I truly couldn't be happier. You just can't go wrong with this DVD if you are a big fan of the Dean Martin Show and especially if you want to turn the clock back to December 1968, when every major star of the day had an annual Christmas Special on TV. The 50 minute DVD is basically a typical great episode of the Dean Martin show from NBC, with the main theme being Christmas. A few skits are just a tiny bit slow, however seeing Dean singing Christmas songs, especially the songs with the Gold Diggers and Dean sitting on the piano and singing with Ken Lane, truly brought back so many good old memories from that timeframe. Even Bob Hope drops by for a few good lines. And the quality is even really great for a TV show that was taped in 1968. I can't actually say much more than I loved it, and now that it's added to our collection of Christmas DVDs, it will surely become one of our true favorites to watch each year again at Christmastime.
11 comment| 102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2013
1968 was a turbulent year, but it ended on a high note in December when the three-man crew of NASA's Apollo 8 circled the Moon for the first time. It was also the "December to Remember" because of the release of a string of superb holiday offerings on television and on record--such as Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass Christmas L.P. album. Included in the "December to Remember" of that year is Dean Martin's video celebration. Christmas specials such as Dean's just aren't made anymore. It's a vanished video art form. These old shows were truly period pieces even if they look brand new in their remastered, home-video reincarnations--eerily so. Honestly, watching this edition of the Dean Martin Show, nearly a half century after it was recorded, looks even better than it did when first broadcast on NBC-TV on Dec. 19, 1968 (I know, I viewed it on my parents' circa-1957 Ford Philco monochrome T.V. set as a 14-year-old)! This is a sterling DVD edition. Lots of laughs, songs and cute girls to help Dean fumble his way through songs (while glancing at his clear fingernail lacquer). Yet, there is a certain sadness in viewing this special. It's from a period of time that is rapidly receding from us--a kind of nostalgic doppler-shift, like the fading sound of a lonely, distant steamtrain whistle in the night. While we'll never see the living likes of Dean Martin and his 1968 cast again in this world, at least their electron ghosts live on--if but for a few more years, constrained only by the misty amber of the video-playback media in which they are preserved.
on November 11, 2012
This dvd made me both laugh and cry at the same time! It brought back such wonderful memories of watching The Dean Martin variety hour with my parents when I was a little girl. I lost my wonderful father 2 years ago and I miss him so much. He had a beautiful voice and used to sing along with Dean and he always said Dean was so naturally funny.
on February 18, 2017
I wasn't expecting much. I got a great deal when I bought https://www.amazon.com/Dean-Martin-Celebrity-Roasts-Collection/dp/B00LHK21PO/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1487408771&sr=1-2&keywords=dean+martin+celebrity+roasts+dvd+collection
. There was an empty spot for a disc, so, this filled my task, and, brought back memories.
on April 5, 2017
Needed for the holidays
on March 23, 2017
nice twist on X-MASS
on June 19, 2016
A great Dean DVD!
on January 7, 2014
Discription was very misleading. All the extra stars really had no appearance. Choice of episode skits were very poor. Just dissapointing altogether.
on August 25, 2016
Everything was bad from the quality of the acting , gags and clarity.
on November 28, 2012
Why does Time Life refuse to release full uncut episodes of the Dean Martin Show. Surley his fans would be willing to pay a little bit more for this product in order to have the privilege of listening to his rendition.

What's The Point!!?