- Age Range: 4 - 8 years
- Grade Level: Preschool - 3
- Hardcover: 40 pages
- Publisher: Viking Books for Young Readers (September 6, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0451472306
- ISBN-13: 978-0451472304
- Product Dimensions: 8.9 x 0.4 x 10.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 13.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 40 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #46,238 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Dear Dragon: A Pen Pal Tale Hardcover – September 6, 2016
$0.69 extra savings coupon applied at checkout.
Sorry. You are not eligible for this coupon.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From School Library Journal
PreS-Gr 2—In this picture book that's written in bouncy rhyme, classrooms at a school for human children and one for dragons are each beginning a combined poetry and pen-pal unit. Blaise Dragomir and George Slair exchange letters, telling each other about their families, relating what's going on in school, and finding out that they have lots in common, without ever realizing that theirs is an interspecies friendship. The game is up at the pen-pal picnic, though, when the friends are at first startled but then just happy to meet at last—and the teachers plan the same trick for next year. Young readers will enjoy being in on the secret that this tale's characters don't know about; adding to the fun are Montalvo's bright, detailed, and at times wonderfully chaotic depictions of childhood. VERDICT Funk's title is perfect for classes undertaking a pen-pal unit, but general picture book collections can benefit from this gentle reminder that kids who look different can still get along.—Henrietta Verma, National Information Standards Organization, Baltimore
"When I was a kid, my best friend was Josh Funk. Now he's becoming a friend to a whole new generation.”--B.J. Novak, author of The New York Times bestseller The Book With No Pictures
* "Montalvo's visual irony skillfully paces alongside Funk's gamboling rhymes, rendering readers' investigation of each spread just as rewarding as the page turns. A playful celebration of difference (and poetry)."--Kirkus Reviews, starred review
"Perfect for classes undertaking a pen-pal unit, but general picture book collections can benefit from this gentle reminder that kids who look different can still get along."--School Library Journal