Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports toystl17_gno

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,947 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,300 reviews
on June 12, 2015
I love this book! It's so creatively written and even makes me giggle. The critters behind the flaps make it even more exciting for my nephew.
review image
22 comments| 150 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 30, 2016
When we were buying books for our little one, we wanted a mix of interactive and "regular" ones for her to read from. The interactive aspect is why we got this book, and it's been great. We've been reading it to her everyday since she was 2-3 months, and around month 6 she started pulling open the tabs that reveal the animals herself and then giving small "ooo!" exclamations. Very cute. The interesting thing I noticed with this book and a couple other interactive ones we have is that her dexterity seemed to improve a little more rapidly once she started turning the pages and opening the tabs. I also like the story line as it is logical/reasonable without being too strange. We also go to the zoo a lot with her, so the book serves to reminder her a bit of the different animals we've seen.

I would recommend this book and will continue to use it.
on May 19, 2017
Bought "Dear Zoo" for my son when he was 9 months old and he absolutely loves flipping the flaps in this book. He and I really enjoy that the flaps go in various directions on each page (some go up, some go down, some go side to side)...it makes things interesting! After this book, my son seems bored of other lift-the-flap books that require him to flip in the same direction every time. Also, I love that the flaps on this book are so sturdy!! My son has easily ripped the flaps off of many books, but not this one. I also enjoy that I can teach my son about the different animals in this book. "Dear Zoo" is read almost daily at our home.
on March 23, 2017
Adorable and fun to read. My 13 month old loves this book.
That said, when deciding on this book I read through the reviews, and concentrated on the picture reviews because I wanted to make sure it was durable. Well there was a review by someone who was literally offended by the book... She felt it sent a bad messege to foster children.... Firstly, this book is not about children... It's about animals.. more specifically someone looking for the perfect pet. Honestly, why is it offensive to say an elephant is too big, or a lion too fierce to have as a pet?? Isn't it a "truth"?
Let's not over analyze or allow hyper sensitivity to neglect our youngsters of common sense.

Enjoy! My daughter loves it. She especially loves lifting the flaps on each page. And yes, the flaps have held up over the last few months 😃
on August 28, 2014
This book is great in concept but could use some more work. By the time you get to the end of the book, the snimal become smaller and there's a lot of white space in that page and so my LO is not interested in the book anymore. Maybe they tried to make the snake, monkey, frog and puppy smaller to show size relevance with regards to the previous animals like camel, giraffe etc but still, a baby doesn't really catch all the small details like that. He just sees the white space and looks away half way through the book. They should do something better about this.
on July 13, 2017
Small, easy for my children to hold on their own, and the repetition of sentences is one of the best ways to get children to reading on their own. This book also has little flaps that provides even more interaction. That said, the flaps are very flimsy and easily break of/rip... you might think i should give it 4 stars instead of 5, but for the price and overall VALUE that I've gotten? Nope, I'll give 5.
Loved this book. It is darling. My toddler loves it, too. Even though it's a board book, the lift up flaps are pretty delicate especially in the hands of younger toddlers (like my 18 month old). She has already ripped some of the flaps off. But she loves it when I read this to her and let her see what animals are behind the flaps. I would recommend this.
on February 9, 2016
It's a cute book but the little door on each page that you have to open is too advanced for my 5 month old, he just wants to rip it off. Maybe later he will have more fun with this one! The story is cute enough but nothing special. I have other favorites for sure.
on June 22, 2017
Honestly, I thought this book was lame, but my toddlers like it. The flaps in our copy are mostly destroyed and my twins are 18 months old, so this is not really built to withstand two toddlers at once.
on May 23, 2017
Oh my stars! Our little one loves to read, and even though he is young, the concept of flaps is right up his alley. Love this simple, well illustrated book and so does he. He doesn't talk yet, but will mimic and animal sound if you do it for him. This is one of our favorites!