Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dear Zoo: A Lift-the-Flap Book
Amazon Vehicles Celebrity Picks 2016 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Gift with Purchase Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Sting Shop Outdoor Gift Ideas on Amazon Baby Gift Guide

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,723 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on June 12, 2015
I love this book! It's so creatively written and even makes me giggle. The critters behind the flaps make it even more exciting for my nephew.
review image
33 comments| 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 28, 2011
I have three daughters 18 month ,3 and 5 years old. My 18 month old can't get enough of this cute book. She is so excited every time she open one of the flaps. This book is simple enough for my 5 yr old to read it and my 3year old makes great sound effects for each flap. I recommend for 3 month the about age 6.
on February 2, 2016
Good book. My daughter enjoys the lift the flap style. She has others that she prefers though.
on March 16, 2007
I have been reading this book to my daughter since she was seven months old. She was already used to other lift-the-flap books and immediately took on to this one.

What we both love:

1- She loves the flaps because they are just the right size for her hands. I like them because they are not too big like in her other books (the larger the flaps, the easier to rip!)

2- Simple, straightforward text with short lines on each page.

3- Great colors.

4- Repitition throughout and babies love consistency!

This became her favorite very quickly and 5 months later, still is!

A definite book to buy!
on January 6, 2016
My baby loves this book. I think it's a cute book, but after really thinking about it, I'm not in love with the message. (If something is not perfect, you should send it back for something else) However, I'm willing to look past the negative message because it is a classic and my baby really likes the interactive flaps. I like that it's fairly simply (perhaps a bit repetitively) written because it allows for me to embellish upon the story and change up things and add in animal noises to further entertain my baby.
on May 26, 2015
I bought this book for a toddler that was adopted. As I was looking at it, the whole premise was if the animal is too big, too heavy, etc just give it back. The idea of giving back if something isn't just right...including an animal who is naughty did not feel right. And it also sends a message that if something is not perfect, give it back, an animal, etc. I think this book, which is 30 years old, should stay in the past, we are much too enlightened now. I won't return it, it's only $3. and change....I'll give it away, and not to the toddler I intended it for.
on June 12, 2015
Perfection! Fun flaps, variety of animals, simple, timeless, repetitive story. Bought for the 18mo. Old and big brother, daddy, and I all get in on the fun of reading this book to her.
This book is on my list of must gift to all the Littles we know or will know!
on August 25, 2015
I can't believe the message of this book: if it's not perfect I'll send it back. That's a horrible thing to say/think and probably the worst fear your kid can have, that if he's not good enough you'll abandon him. I can't believe this book is such a best seller...
on January 21, 2016
The flaps w/ the animals under them are cute, but the message is terrible: Make an unreasonable request...then complain, complain, and complain until you get a dog...and don't bother saying "thank you" when you finally get what you want
I'm fine with children's books just being silly. They don't all have to teach valuable lessons or anything, but this one seems to teach a poor lesson and encourage a negative attitude.
on March 15, 2016
This was my favorite book when I was little and now my son loves it too.. he loves opening the flaps and imitating the animals.
I like that the flaps all open in different ways, it helps my son with hand eye coordination and he is always so exciting to read this one.