Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

Dear Zoo: A Lift-the-Flap Book
Format: Board book|Change

on June 12, 2015
I love this book! It's so creatively written and even makes me giggle. The critters behind the flaps make it even more exciting for my nephew.
review image
22 comments| 194 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 30, 2016
When we were buying books for our little one, we wanted a mix of interactive and "regular" ones for her to read from. The interactive aspect is why we got this book, and it's been great. We've been reading it to her everyday since she was 2-3 months, and around month 6 she started pulling open the tabs that reveal the animals herself and then giving small "ooo!" exclamations. Very cute. The interesting thing I noticed with this book and a couple other interactive ones we have is that her dexterity seemed to improve a little more rapidly once she started turning the pages and opening the tabs. I also like the story line as it is logical/reasonable without being too strange. We also go to the zoo a lot with her, so the book serves to reminder her a bit of the different animals we've seen.

I would recommend this book and will continue to use it.
on May 19, 2017
Bought "Dear Zoo" for my son when he was 9 months old and he absolutely loves flipping the flaps in this book. He and I really enjoy that the flaps go in various directions on each page (some go up, some go down, some go side to side)...it makes things interesting! After this book, my son seems bored of other lift-the-flap books that require him to flip in the same direction every time. Also, I love that the flaps on this book are so sturdy!! My son has easily ripped the flaps off of many books, but not this one. I also enjoy that I can teach my son about the different animals in this book. "Dear Zoo" is read almost daily at our home.
on July 13, 2017
Small, easy for my children to hold on their own, and the repetition of sentences is one of the best ways to get children to reading on their own. This book also has little flaps that provides even more interaction. That said, the flaps are very flimsy and easily break of/rip... you might think i should give it 4 stars instead of 5, but for the price and overall VALUE that I've gotten? Nope, I'll give 5.
on November 27, 2017
This is my daughter's all-time favorite book. It's been her favorite book since she turned 1 and continues to be. I'm happy that it has options for her to lift and see the characters which we follow up with the sounds the animal makes. She is had it through most of her stages of teething so the corners have been chewed however the book has held up and after reading it well over 300 times it still continues to be one of my favorites as well. I just wish that there were more books like this.
Dear Zoo is a classic. We have had this book for a while and I am still amazed with how the flaps have not been pulled off. My son loves this book. He likes to make the animal noises and look under the flap. We discuss what the animals are doing throughout the book and why that particular animal might not make a good pet. The illustrations are not scary or realistic but close enough your child understands what the animal is. The colors are vibrant yet not bright. The pages are very durable for young children in hopes they won't tear it up or eat it.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on July 27, 2015
I love reading this book to my baby son, and he loves looking at the pictures and opening the flaps. It's simplicity is what makes it so great!

I read the negative reviews that claim the book sends the wrong message to kids because animals are being sent back due to their characteristics, and I respond with this: the animals are sent back because certain things about them make them bad house pets. For example, the elephant is too big to be a house pet, and the lion is too fierce to be a house pet.
on November 27, 2017
This book is by far our 1-year-old's favorite book. He loves to flip the pages to reveal the animals. It is about the only book we have that can keep his attention through the whole book. It has also helped him develop small motor skills as he uses his fingers and turns his wrist to open the flaps in different directions. We love this book!
on July 12, 2017
This book is one of many books my son loved while in Kindergarten. I purchased this book to share with his children and it is a big hit! The book was in great condition and the children have had their dad read it over and over! A great buy an appreciate the condition of the book and honesty of the seller!
on January 23, 2018
Wow, my 3-year-old loves this book. I was thinking he might be too old for it when I ordered it, but he has just begun to be fascinated with flap books (and doesn't rip them like earlier ages), so I thought I would give it a try. Wow, we read it every night. He's memorized it, so he "reads" it back. Highly recommend.