Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,954 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,308 reviews
on June 12, 2015
I love this book! It's so creatively written and even makes me giggle. The critters behind the flaps make it even more exciting for my nephew.
review image
22 comments| 152 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 19, 2017
Bought "Dear Zoo" for my son when he was 9 months old and he absolutely loves flipping the flaps in this book. He and I really enjoy that the flaps go in various directions on each page (some go up, some go down, some go side to side)...it makes things interesting! After this book, my son seems bored of other lift-the-flap books that require him to flip in the same direction every time. Also, I love that the flaps on this book are so sturdy!! My son has easily ripped the flaps off of many books, but not this one. I also enjoy that I can teach my son about the different animals in this book. "Dear Zoo" is read almost daily at our home.
on July 26, 2017
Dear Zoo is a classic. We have had this book for a while and I am still amazed with how the flaps have not been pulled off. My son loves this book. He likes to make the animal noises and look under the flap. We discuss what the animals are doing throughout the book and why that particular animal might not make a good pet. The illustrations are not scary or realistic but close enough your child understands what the animal is. The colors are vibrant yet not bright. The pages are very durable for young children in hopes they won't tear it up or eat it.
review image review image review image review image
on June 22, 2017
Honestly, I thought this book was lame, but my toddlers like it. The flaps in our copy are mostly destroyed and my twins are 18 months old, so this is not really built to withstand two toddlers at once.
on July 27, 2015
I love reading this book to my baby son, and he loves looking at the pictures and opening the flaps. It's simplicity is what makes it so great!

I read the negative reviews that claim the book sends the wrong message to kids because animals are being sent back due to their characteristics, and I respond with this: the animals are sent back because certain things about them make them bad house pets. For example, the elephant is too big to be a house pet, and the lion is too fierce to be a house pet.
on June 23, 2015
This is the only "flap" book that has withstood significant toddler abuse over the past 20 months. The flaps are pretty sturdy and not easy to rip off in contrast to many other baby books (ie, where's baby's belly button)? Pictures are cute and my toddler enjoyed this book during her first year of life.
on July 12, 2017
This book is one of many books my son loved while in Kindergarten. I purchased this book to share with his children and it is a big hit! The book was in great condition and the children have had their dad read it over and over! A great buy an appreciate the condition of the book and honesty of the seller!
on May 31, 2017
LOVE THIS Flap BOOK! My 10 month old always reaches for it. Loves the monkey page. It is such a cute book and I highly recommend. It teaches them not only to pull the flap down but there are flaps that need to be pulled up and out. Highly recommend.
on May 5, 2017
My niece said her daughter, 2 1/2, really loves it. There are FLAPS on it, so even though a board book, even little ones like to rip the flaps off, something to think about. But cool little book at bedtime!
on June 15, 2017
Don't know how long the flaps will stay attached but they are quite sturdy. Actually the most sturdiest flaps on a kids book I have ever seen. Simplistic book to make a one year old giggle and smile!