Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New playlist Christmas Soul PCB for Musical Instruments $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Dear Zoo: A Lift-the-Flap Book
Format: Board book|Change

on June 12, 2015
I love this book! It's so creatively written and even makes me giggle. The critters behind the flaps make it even more exciting for my nephew.
review image
22 comments| 165 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 27, 2017
Fun book about a child requesting a pet from the zoo. I am sure the new grand-child will love lifting the flaps to discover what animal is underneath. Only wish the final pet in the book could be changed to something other than a puppy but with some ingenuity, it could be done (or you could paste another animal in).
on October 26, 2017
Awesome buy! My daughter loves this book. She picks it from her slew of books on the shelf more often than not. The flaps are well made and we don't stress too much about her ripping them (she has other flip books that have been shredded). Fun story with an opportunity to learn different animals.
on October 18, 2017
Our first child (now almost 4 years old) loved this book, and now it's one of our second's favorites (about 1.5 years old). I love how they reveal the animals in their cage, and make the noise (rawr)
on October 20, 2017
I have bought many of these books. I give them to kids constantly. My own kids grew up on this and many other books that are as good. Great addition to any small child's library.
on November 30, 2015
I loved this book when I was little - I actually have memories of reading it in my mom's lap. I was incredibly happy to find it and read it to my daughter. The board book is sturdy, as are the flaps, and should stand up to a lot of loving. My toddler loves it, whether I'm reading it with her or she's going through it on her own.
on January 17, 2016
Every page of this horrible little book features an animal that the narrator "sent back" to the zoo because it wasn't quite right: too tall, too grumpy, too naughty, etc. No child, but especially no adopted/foster child needs to hear the message, repeated ad nauseum, that anyone is getting "sent back." It might be a classic but it should stay in the past. Fortunately I auditioned this one before my daughter could really understand. I tore it up and recycled it. You should too.
review image
1212 comments| 561 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 8, 2017
Good book. Right now my one year old isn't very impressed by it. Not very colorful or brings much attention to it. But overall its a cute book
on September 3, 2017
My 14 month old really likes this book. I was worried that he'd rip the flaps, but they seem sturdy and he's been surprisingly gentle with them.
on October 22, 2017
One of my daughters favorites between ages 1-2. Lift the flaps have held up reasonably well with minimal ripping and tearing. Like the use of common animals and the bright colors as well as simple wording to keep her attention. Recommended.