Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,972 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,331 reviews
on June 12, 2015
I love this book! It's so creatively written and even makes me giggle. The critters behind the flaps make it even more exciting for my nephew.
review image
22 comments| 155 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 12, 2017
This book is one of many books my son loved while in Kindergarten. I purchased this book to share with his children and it is a big hit! The book was in great condition and the children have had their dad read it over and over! A great buy an appreciate the condition of the book and honesty of the seller!
on May 31, 2017
LOVE THIS Flap BOOK! My 10 month old always reaches for it. Loves the monkey page. It is such a cute book and I highly recommend. It teaches them not only to pull the flap down but there are flaps that need to be pulled up and out. Highly recommend.
on May 5, 2017
My niece said her daughter, 2 1/2, really loves it. There are FLAPS on it, so even though a board book, even little ones like to rip the flaps off, something to think about. But cool little book at bedtime!
on June 15, 2017
Don't know how long the flaps will stay attached but they are quite sturdy. Actually the most sturdiest flaps on a kids book I have ever seen. Simplistic book to make a one year old giggle and smile!
on June 2, 2017
As a parent, the story is dumb - nearly non existent.
But for some reason baby loved it. So, I gues it does it's job! Even now that he's a toddler, he'll go through it three or four times a day.
on July 27, 2017
I remember this book as a child. When we received this package, I couldnt wait to open every flap to discover the animals I had long missed. No doubt this will be loved by our daughter as well. A fun and interactive book.
on June 28, 2017
I was surprised by how sturdy the flaps are. My daughter loves this book and requests it almost every night. It helped her learn all of the animals in it as well. Highly recommend.
on June 10, 2014
This is currently our 8-month-old's favorite book. It's the only book that she will pull off the shelf on her own, and she waves her arms around excitedly when we open it to the first page.

Since then, we have bought a lot of lift-the-flap books (like "Where's My Belly Button?" and "Who's at Home?"). She likes them all but none of them capture her attention as well as "Dear Zoo" does.

Personally, I think it's the streamlined art style. When the flap is closed, all you see is the cage/crate/basket on a plain white background. Revealing the animal inside is a big visual reward that my daughter looks forward to on every page. Our other lift-the-flap books are more lush and have plenty of beautiful but distracting details both inside and outside the flap. I think this makes it less exciting to open the flap because there is plenty to look at already.

Overall, I can see why this book is a classic that has stood the test of time. I'm sure my daughter will lose interest as she gets older and more sophisticated, but for now she loves it.
on June 30, 2017
One of my son's favorite books (22 months). He loves opening the flaps and making the noise that the animals make. Somehow I don't get tired of this one myself, it's a fun one.