Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning GimmeDanger GimmeDanger GimmeDanger  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Elton John Shop Now STEM

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,838 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,152 reviews
on June 12, 2015
I love this book! It's so creatively written and even makes me giggle. The critters behind the flaps make it even more exciting for my nephew.
review image
33 comments| 133 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 30, 2016
When we were buying books for our little one, we wanted a mix of interactive and "regular" ones for her to read from. The interactive aspect is why we got this book, and it's been great. We've been reading it to her everyday since she was 2-3 months, and around month 6 she started pulling open the tabs that reveal the animals herself and then giving small "ooo!" exclamations. Very cute. The interesting thing I noticed with this book and a couple other interactive ones we have is that her dexterity seemed to improve a little more rapidly once she started turning the pages and opening the tabs. I also like the story line as it is logical/reasonable without being too strange. We also go to the zoo a lot with her, so the book serves to reminder her a bit of the different animals we've seen.

I would recommend this book and will continue to use it.
on February 2, 2016
Good book. My daughter enjoys the lift the flap style. She has others that she prefers though.
on March 23, 2017
Adorable and fun to read. My 13 month old loves this book.
That said, when deciding on this book I read through the reviews, and concentrated on the picture reviews because I wanted to make sure it was durable. Well there was a review by someone who was literally offended by the book... She felt it sent a bad messege to foster children.... Firstly, this book is not about children... It's about animals.. more specifically someone looking for the perfect pet. Honestly, why is it offensive to say an elephant is too big, or a lion too fierce to have as a pet?? Isn't it a "truth"?
Let's not over analyze or allow hyper sensitivity to neglect our youngsters of common sense.

Enjoy! My daughter loves it. She especially loves lifting the flaps on each page. And yes, the flaps have held up over the last few months 😃
on December 30, 2016
For my just-turned-one year old grandson, who loves opening the doors. A very sturdy book for him to look at on his own, but I do watch to see that he doesn't get too aggressive in opening the doors so they won't accidentally tear. Very engaging for him, and to read with him. He's at that age of learning and beginning to say words, so this is a great book to start with. He loves to see under the flaps and we read the names of the animals. It is easy for him to hold and turn pages. A very sturdy book. One of his first books and I am so glad I got it for him for Christmas.
on December 3, 2015
My 11 month old granddaughter is getting ready to start physical and occupational therapy to help her catch up after an illness and surgery. I was looking for books that would help her - not only to just entertain her but help with this process. This is a great book for any young child and I am thrilled to find it for my granddaughter.
on March 10, 2017
My 14 month old daughter LOVES this book. I bought it after it seemed all she wanted to read was Dream Animals over and over for months! I wanted her to have exposure to more things, but she just didn't have that much interest in anything I bought...until this. She will seek it out in her room and we have to read it at least 3 times in a row every time she brings it to me. Great buy!
on May 21, 2016
I have been reading this book to my son since he was 6 months old. I would have to stop him from tearing off the flaps until he was about 18 months old. Then he understood that he needed to be gentle and he really enjoyed into flipping the flaps. He was engaged in the book and I was surprised at how well he could figure out how to open all the flaps and was excited by the surprise underneath. The story is simple enough, the illustrations are great, and I love that the flaps all open from a different side on every page so that baby keeps engaged. He is almost 4 years old now and still loves this book. We haven't read it in quite a while because, he really is way too old for it but as I'm writing this review he sees the book on the screen and is asking me to read it again and asking me where it is....sadly for him it is in storage. :) This will surely become a classic addition to any nursery.
on March 14, 2016
Along with a few other books, we purchased Dear Zoo for our 12-month-old to distract him during an upcoming flight. It became an instant favorite in the few days before we even left! It didn't leave our side the entire family vacation. Airplane, eating out, bedtime, even a family wedding - any time he got restless, we could count on Dear Zoo to entertain him. The whole family has it memorized from repetition and a few flaps needed tape repairs but my son is now 18-months and still loves this book! He can name all the animals and still wants to read it throughout the week. We've given it as a gift to other babies/toddlers and it's always followed by rave reviews.

Tip: If you're looking for other lift and flap books, "Where's Spot?" by Eric Hill and "What's in my Truck?" by Linda Bleck are the new runner up favorites in our house. "Where is Baby's Belly Button?" by Karen Katz deserves an honorable mention too but beware you kid might start asking to see everyone's belly button after reading it. ;)
on January 3, 2017
I bought this book after my son played with it at a friend's house. A simply designed book, this is a terrific way to incorporate fine motor skills, vocabulary, and plot prediction. Every time an outlandish "pet" is encountered by the reader, there is an opportunity to talk about expectation and consequences. My two-year-old still loves this book and especially loves making all the sounds that go with the animals. If you enjoy this book, "Where's Spot" is a similar book, though it is less elegant.