Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Assassins Shop Now toystl17_gno

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,919 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,248 reviews
on June 12, 2015
I love this book! It's so creatively written and even makes me giggle. The critters behind the flaps make it even more exciting for my nephew.
review image
22 comments| 143 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 30, 2016
When we were buying books for our little one, we wanted a mix of interactive and "regular" ones for her to read from. The interactive aspect is why we got this book, and it's been great. We've been reading it to her everyday since she was 2-3 months, and around month 6 she started pulling open the tabs that reveal the animals herself and then giving small "ooo!" exclamations. Very cute. The interesting thing I noticed with this book and a couple other interactive ones we have is that her dexterity seemed to improve a little more rapidly once she started turning the pages and opening the tabs. I also like the story line as it is logical/reasonable without being too strange. We also go to the zoo a lot with her, so the book serves to reminder her a bit of the different animals we've seen.

I would recommend this book and will continue to use it.
on February 2, 2016
Good book. My daughter enjoys the lift the flap style. She has others that she prefers though.
on March 23, 2017
Adorable and fun to read. My 13 month old loves this book.
That said, when deciding on this book I read through the reviews, and concentrated on the picture reviews because I wanted to make sure it was durable. Well there was a review by someone who was literally offended by the book... She felt it sent a bad messege to foster children.... Firstly, this book is not about children... It's about animals.. more specifically someone looking for the perfect pet. Honestly, why is it offensive to say an elephant is too big, or a lion too fierce to have as a pet?? Isn't it a "truth"?
Let's not over analyze or allow hyper sensitivity to neglect our youngsters of common sense.

Enjoy! My daughter loves it. She especially loves lifting the flaps on each page. And yes, the flaps have held up over the last few months 😃
on May 19, 2017
Bought "Dear Zoo" for my son when he was 9 months old and he absolutely loves flipping the flaps in this book. He and I really enjoy that the flaps go in various directions on each page (some go up, some go down, some go side to side)...it makes things interesting! After this book, my son seems bored of other lift-the-flap books that require him to flip in the same direction every time. Also, I love that the flaps on this book are so sturdy!! My son has easily ripped the flaps off of many books, but not this one. I also enjoy that I can teach my son about the different animals in this book. "Dear Zoo" is read almost daily at our home.
Loved this book. It is darling. My toddler loves it, too. Even though it's a board book, the lift up flaps are pretty delicate especially in the hands of younger toddlers (like my 18 month old). She has already ripped some of the flaps off. But she loves it when I read this to her and let her see what animals are behind the flaps. I would recommend this.
on August 28, 2014
This book is great in concept but could use some more work. By the time you get to the end of the book, the snimal become smaller and there's a lot of white space in that page and so my LO is not interested in the book anymore. Maybe they tried to make the snake, monkey, frog and puppy smaller to show size relevance with regards to the previous animals like camel, giraffe etc but still, a baby doesn't really catch all the small details like that. He just sees the white space and looks away half way through the book. They should do something better about this.
on May 23, 2017
Oh my stars! Our little one loves to read, and even though he is young, the concept of flaps is right up his alley. Love this simple, well illustrated book and so does he. He doesn't talk yet, but will mimic and animal sound if you do it for him. This is one of our favorites!
on February 9, 2016
It's a cute book but the little door on each page that you have to open is too advanced for my 5 month old, he just wants to rip it off. Maybe later he will have more fun with this one! The story is cute enough but nothing special. I have other favorites for sure.
on July 27, 2015
I love reading this book to my baby son, and he loves looking at the pictures and opening the flaps. It's simplicity is what makes it so great!

I read the negative reviews that claim the book sends the wrong message to kids because animals are being sent back due to their characteristics, and I respond with this: the animals are sent back because certain things about them make them bad house pets. For example, the elephant is too big to be a house pet, and the lion is too fierce to be a house pet.