Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services animespring animespring animespring  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,871 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,191 reviews
on June 12, 2015
I love this book! It's so creatively written and even makes me giggle. The critters behind the flaps make it even more exciting for my nephew.
review image
33 comments| 138 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 2, 2016
Good book. My daughter enjoys the lift the flap style. She has others that she prefers though.
on August 30, 2016
When we were buying books for our little one, we wanted a mix of interactive and "regular" ones for her to read from. The interactive aspect is why we got this book, and it's been great. We've been reading it to her everyday since she was 2-3 months, and around month 6 she started pulling open the tabs that reveal the animals herself and then giving small "ooo!" exclamations. Very cute. The interesting thing I noticed with this book and a couple other interactive ones we have is that her dexterity seemed to improve a little more rapidly once she started turning the pages and opening the tabs. I also like the story line as it is logical/reasonable without being too strange. We also go to the zoo a lot with her, so the book serves to reminder her a bit of the different animals we've seen.

I would recommend this book and will continue to use it.
on August 28, 2014
This book is great in concept but could use some more work. By the time you get to the end of the book, the snimal become smaller and there's a lot of white space in that page and so my LO is not interested in the book anymore. Maybe they tried to make the snake, monkey, frog and puppy smaller to show size relevance with regards to the previous animals like camel, giraffe etc but still, a baby doesn't really catch all the small details like that. He just sees the white space and looks away half way through the book. They should do something better about this.
on December 3, 2015
My 11 month old granddaughter is getting ready to start physical and occupational therapy to help her catch up after an illness and surgery. I was looking for books that would help her - not only to just entertain her but help with this process. This is a great book for any young child and I am thrilled to find it for my granddaughter.
on March 23, 2017
Adorable and fun to read. My 13 month old loves this book.
That said, when deciding on this book I read through the reviews, and concentrated on the picture reviews because I wanted to make sure it was durable. Well there was a review by someone who was literally offended by the book... She felt it sent a bad messege to foster children.... Firstly, this book is not about children... It's about animals.. more specifically someone looking for the perfect pet. Honestly, why is it offensive to say an elephant is too big, or a lion too fierce to have as a pet?? Isn't it a "truth"?
Let's not over analyze or allow hyper sensitivity to neglect our youngsters of common sense.

Enjoy! My daughter loves it. She especially loves lifting the flaps on each page. And yes, the flaps have held up over the last few months 😃
Loved this book. It is darling. My toddler loves it, too. Even though it's a board book, the lift up flaps are pretty delicate especially in the hands of younger toddlers (like my 18 month old). She has already ripped some of the flaps off. But she loves it when I read this to her and let her see what animals are behind the flaps. I would recommend this.
on March 10, 2017
My 14 month old daughter LOVES this book. I bought it after it seemed all she wanted to read was Dream Animals over and over for months! I wanted her to have exposure to more things, but she just didn't have that much interest in anything I bought...until this. She will seek it out in her room and we have to read it at least 3 times in a row every time she brings it to me. Great buy!
on July 19, 2015
I bought this book for some "slow reading" first graders. For many, this was the first book they've seen and held. They loved it !! It touched their interest, and hopefully stimulated the love of reading. They really enjoyed being able to open the doors into the boxes of pets.
on January 3, 2017
I bought this book after my son played with it at a friend's house. A simply designed book, this is a terrific way to incorporate fine motor skills, vocabulary, and plot prediction. Every time an outlandish "pet" is encountered by the reader, there is an opportunity to talk about expectation and consequences. My two-year-old still loves this book and especially loves making all the sounds that go with the animals. If you enjoy this book, "Where's Spot" is a similar book, though it is less elegant.