Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,670 reviews(5 star, Verified Purchases). See all 3,555 reviews
on May 18, 2017
When this book arrived it was in a yellow bubbled envelope. This envelope protected the book perfectly. This book is amazing. You can read everything perfectly on the cover, back and inside of book. The Death Cure is a 2011 young adult dystopian science fiction novel. The plots, twists and turns in this book really get you asking questions. It's really hard to put this book down. I have recommended this to family and friends. I definitely recommend everyone who loves science fiction, to read this book.
on February 6, 2015
I don't care what anyone says I loved this series. Yes book one was the best but the story was intriguing and ever evolving and there was always that air of mystery and suspense to every single book. It's not fair to compare the second and third book to the first because... Well you can't exceed perfection. I have to be honest, I half expected the whole thing to be a dream and he would wake up and go back to work like nothing happened, I love how it ended and despite it all I will always be #TeamTeresa !
on October 13, 2016
What a great (I think) ending to the trials for the characters we've grown to love through the first 2 books!

***SPOILER***
Extremely well written and narrated! The characters that James Dashner created are so well defined and memorable, it was difficult to lose some of the ones we've found so endearing from the very beginning. The trials and disappointments faced by these teens has made them so endearing that I was left feeling like I'd lost a friend myself.

I was so pleased that Mark Deakins narrated all of the series! He did a fabulous job keeping the voices straight so I always knew who was "talking"! Impressive!!!

What a great twist to have the teens forced back through the Maze! From where it began...
on March 29, 2015
This book has so many reviews mine is just a drop in the bucket. That said I totally enjoyed reading the final chapter of the Maze runner trilogy. Tom must escape from the evils of Wicked and their false promise of a cure. Out in the real world for the first time since a young child he is fascinated by the world he finds so different from the scorch trials the city of Denver totally captivates him. However it comes with it's dangers. He meets with old enemies and finds allies, he must give a friend the one thing he is asked to do and it breaks his heart. His relationship with Teresa never really heals completely, and his new relationship seems like it will be more then he'd thought. The Flare Immune's will carry on the Human race, hopefully in peace and succeed where Wicked could not. It's a very rough lesson but suitable for upper teens without supervision and younger ones if it's clear that they can discuss any issues they have a problem with. The books sales speak for the book more then my mere words. James Dasher has a hit that will extend for generations.
on June 13, 2016
This book series is amazing. I wish they would stick to it more in the movies, but that is entertainment! Although it's about a zombie type era, which has gained so much popularity the last few years; is creative and addicting to read. Besides the Harry Potter series and Jane Austen novels, this is a top favorite series!!
on August 10, 2013
Oh my god, definitely a good book to end a trilogy which... you don't find often. (SPOILERS AHEAD)

I found myself lost in this series, and to finally get to the end, it was so bittersweet. I didn't want to finish Thomas and Minho and Newt's stories. I want them to last forever.

It started off with a bang as usual. Get your memories back, or not, after Thomas was held for a month alone with no human interaction, not shower, nothing. Thomas, Minho, and Newt decided that they didn't want their memories back, but guess what? WICKED didn't care and was going to force them until they broke out along with Brenda (my girl) and Jorge.

They go to Denver and they get the tracking device taken out of their heads which also cause them to be controlled by WICKED. We get a taste of that when they go to remove it, Thomas starts acting like a wild man and trying to kill everyone.

Oh did I mention that we find out that Newt isn't immune to the Flare and ultimately starts going crazy after the break out and gets thrown in a Crank camp and I cried a million tears because he is ultimately my favorite? Did I also mention that he wrote a note to Thomas asking him to kill him when things got bad and that... Thomas took a gun to his head when Newt wasn't crazy and killed his friend out of love? Yeah, I was devastated. My favorites ALWAYS die.

In the end, Thomas, Minho, Brenda and the other Gladers and Group B (Newt and Teresa are the major casualties this time around) make it through to a paradise where the Flare hasn't damaged the world, where they can repopulate the world with immune people (what I'm assuming will ultimately happen). A world they can be happy. And that's how it ended, with a breath of relief. Tears of relief as well.

Finishing this series made me feel like I actually lost a best friend and it was very hard to realize it was over and I wouldn't wake up the next day and find out more about Thomas and his friends.
on October 22, 2015
In the final book of the Maze Runner trilogy, Thomas, Newt, Minho, Brenda, and Jorge escape from WICKED and head to Denver only to find that the Flare has spread even into the “safe” cities and Immunes are being gathered up and sold to WICKED. After being caught by Right Arm, Thomas willingly heads back to WICKED headquarters to try to help take down WICKED for good.

The Death Cure is the best of the three main Maze Runner books. In some places the writing is not very good, but the twists, turns, and surprises totally make up for it. I was left wanting to know more, but the ending was still satisfactory. This book really made reading the whole trilogy worth it.
on June 28, 2014
When reading the Maze Runner, I was intrigued because it is one of the few action adventure books out that starts off with a bang, and doesn't make you wanna sleep instead. Then I finished it and read the scorch trials. I was not disappointed. Then I came to the Death Cure. At the beginning of the book, it made sense. Then the book lost since of a real purpose, with no real goal or plotline. As you near the end it shows a vague plotline, but once you get within the last 50 pages at the end, the plotline was the best. The middle was not bad, but it was kind of pointless. the beginning and ending really were the books strong point. It didn't clear up everything so you were confused at the end, a bit more info on Thomas should have been in there. The real ending and wrapping up is the letter/email in the epilogue, you have to read this. All in all, if you hang in throughout the middle, it is quite good in the end.
on January 27, 2015
I give five stars because I was on the edge of my seat for this entire series. It isn't often that a book makes me cry, but somehow this series has become an exception in the elite group of emotions. I would recommend this series to anyone who loves fiction, science, the impossible, action, mysteries, and post-apocalyptic factors included in their books of preference.
I began The Maze Runner because I wanted to watch the movie, and I always read the book before watching the movie so that I can compare them and such. I almost immediately fell in love with the character of Newt. It honestly broke my heart when he went through so much.
I won't spoil anything, but this is an emotional roller coaster of a series.
It quite possibly may be my new favorite series.
on November 17, 2014
Loved this series! Definitely not a happy go lucky series, but I loved it. A lot of questions were answered, though not all, lots of tears were shed, lots of action and emotions going crazy, and the ending...though not bad, kind of left me wishing for more. Not that it was a bad ending, I just didn't want to stop reading about Thomas and them. I wanted to read with my own eyes that he lived mostly happy and into old age.

I can't wait to read the 4th book, the prequel, though I don't know when I will.

I feel the reviews for these are too short, but words escape me on how to say how great I thought these were without being repetitive. So I won't bother.

I *highly* recommend these, and I'm both excited and dreadful of the movie. Here's to hoping they do the books justice! :-)