Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services gotcatchup gotcatchup gotcatchup  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 29 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 84 reviews
on April 14, 2017
I like Elizabeth Lowell's books because they are generally riveting. However, even though I liked the characters, this story seemed over-long, and the plot was never satisfactorily explained.
on July 21, 2014
I started this book and it was fine until I got to a chapter in the 20s. Then it would have a chapter # and 1/2 a sentence, another # and a senence, on to the end of the book. And I PAID for it! I'm sure it's a good book, as she's a great writer, but the book isn't all there.
on May 22, 2017
St. Kilda 5 book series was absolutely great. I enjoyed everyone of them and would highly recommend reading the series.
on July 5, 2010
I like EL's books but this one is definitely a disappointment. My eyes are crossing over all the yacht and boat terminology, how to neatly stow a line of rope, how the navigational equipment works, docking a boat, it goes on and on. A touch of yachting terminology to set the scene is fine, but half the book is how to work the boat. You could use the book as a beginner's text for yachting.

Characters are poorly developed and they don't pull you into the story. The cardboard romance feels as if it was thrown in so it could be categorized romantic suspense, which leads me to say there really is no suspense. Supposedly the world is about to have some horrible disaster visit it if they don't get this yacht somewhere but everything is so vague and implausible, nothing makes sense. I wasn't able to suspend my disbelief on this one. The political background is typical EL Pacific Rim/Russian bad guys and it is getting old.

I am only halfway through it on my Kindle and can barely wait to just be done with it. I am skimming at this point. Don't waste your money on this one. Hopefully Elizabeth Lowell will write an interesting story with developed characters instead of a textbook next time.
on May 21, 2017
I love the St. Kilda series. The stories are always gripping and gritty. And you better hold on 'cause the ride will definitely get bumpy.
on June 30, 2016
And the good guys do it again! Serious edge of the seat thriller! Stayed up to 4am to finish it. Worth every minute.
on July 30, 2013
I have been an Elizabeth Lowell fan for a long time. This is another St Kilda agent story with references to previous characters. This story was strong and fast moving. I really enjoyed it.
on May 16, 2017
Love Elizabeth Lowell and this series,but this wasn't one of her best.
on November 20, 2015
I love Elizabeth Lowell and her series books they are a fast read and I generally can't put them down once I start them just the right amount of suspense and romance
on June 27, 2010
Elizabeth Lowell used to be a reliable romance read. The Donovan series of books were a nice combination of romance and thriller but this book is all thriller and no romance or even a pretense of it. To make matters worse, its not even a good thriller. Its boring.

The characters are flat. The romance is not romantic. The book goes on (and on and on) and yet never really draws you in.

Sometimes it seems that Elizabeth Lowell is aspiring to be Nora Roberts. She just doesn't write a Nora Roberts book as well as NR does. She should go back to writing Elizabeth Lowell styled books.

This is the last time I buy an Elizabeth Lowell book simply by observing a new title is available.

Bottom line..this book is a big disappointment. Save your money.