- File Size: 2298 KB
- Print Length: 24 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Deryn Publishing (July 9, 2016)
- Publication Date: July 9, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01I8IB7KC
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #834,930 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Till Death (Independent Necromancers' Bureau Short Book 1) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
This was a quick, fun read that whetted my appetite for more.
The main character Cassie seems like my type of girl - quick witted, dry sense of humor and with just a hint of an interesting past to keep me curious.
Where's the rest of the series???
The author's reference to a well-respected Epic Fantasy franchise as well as the Beetlejuice reference made me laugh out loud. Such references to pop culture help take what can be a dark story (as in, the word Necromancer is in the book's title so we all understand what the book goes to dark, scary places) and ensure the reader has some lighthearted fun along the way.
Oh, and as for the excerpt, I loved Cassie's co-characters. Yes, both of them. Please give us more.
If this well written introduction to a planned series is any indication, the series is undoubtedly going to be quite brilliant.
The world the author has created with its magic, necromancers and the reanimated (zombies to you and I) is an interesting place to visit.
The characters of Cassie and Luke are warm and likeable and their humour is dry and amusing.
There's an intriguing twist in the tale and I'm definitely looking forward to discovering just where that may lead. I'm pleased I have discovered yet another author worth following.
Call in the INB, The Independent Necromancers' Bureau, a unit of the police force, a squad sufficiently enlightened and adequately empowered to fight the dark side of postmortem life or aid the crossover, working with the light.
In “Till Death,” Victoria Deluis grounds the story's (possibly impossible) needed protective magic in the familiar world of sensory details, pulling off the literary magic of the reader's suspension of disbelief—something necessary for all good fiction but even more so in a story like this.
So much so that you'll want to read the next episode of the INB. (And no, this elite squad is not closed to applications, but your resume must be in top shape.)
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Cozy
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Supernatural > Ghosts
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Cozy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban