Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by us the duo STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Enthusiast: Coloringon October 18, 2010
I actually bought the entire Death-Note series, along with the two live-action films, as a birthday gift for my 15-year old daughter. She had been a fan of anime for awhile, and had watched episodes of Death-Note on Youtube. I decided it was well worth buying the series, and actually told her I would be buying it for her birthday. However, she was genuinely surprised and pleased when she actually received the series. She was very impressed by the quality of the sound and animation, and enjoyed the extra features which included commentary and interviews witht the filmmakers and actors. The soundtrack includes the original Japanese soundtrack, English subtiltes, and an excellent English-dub track. Note: the subtitles and the English soundtrack do not match at all. I think this has a lot to do with the care that was taken to make sure that the lip movements of the animated and live-action actors matched with the dubbed-in words as closely as possible.

One other note: this series is best suited for teens and adults, just because of the complicated plot lines, as well as scenes of violence and some language.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on February 3, 2009
I love the DeathNote series and I am trying to gain as much swag as possible. The DVD itself is amazing but the "special edition" figures are a little bland. They dont have amazing detail that I have seen in more expensive figures. However if you are like me, just trying to grab anything death note related you can, then this is worth it.
on January 7, 2017
I loved this series!
on March 21, 2010
Anime and Manga fans have long loved DEATH NOTE. Death Note ranks among the likes of Black Lagoon and Cowboy Bebop. Even NON-Anime fans would enjoy the intelligently written story. It's best to watch it from the very first episode as you'd otherwise be lost. Volume 8 brings the story toward a global & epic climax.
on August 24, 2012
I love this animation series.
I had all but this volume and was able to obtain this single volume ONLY from amazon. (Other retailers had only box sets, which was no good for me).
Thank you AMAZON.com!
on July 9, 2014
Great series. Our 13 year old can't get enough!
on March 11, 2010
To be quite honest I haven't watched this series in years but saw the series in the library and checked out no. 8 the last in the series they had. All I can recall is the series was very interesting and an exercise in logic. The only reason I am commenting on the anime is becaue of an idea pur forth by the musical group of this series that love no longer exists. The implication means that love between a couple is no longer sanctioned by love. This view is not an uncommon complaint of teenagers and may contain a clue to understanding today's youth. I think today's adults could benefit listening to them instead of complaining about them. The youth of today is tomorrow's adults.
on January 4, 2009
These four episodes continue the excellent script/casts, which makes Death Note one of my favorite anime movies/series of all time (others include Cowboy Bebop, Witch Hunter Robin, Ninja Scroll, Ghost in the Shell). Light Yagami continues his role as the 2nd L in charge of the Japanese Task Force investigation. He continues to manipulate the police force investigation and at the same time carries out his plan as Kira. He does this by enlisting a very capable prosecutor, Teru, to carry out Kira's will. In addition Light has to continue to deal with Near, the true L successor and Mello, Near's lifelong competitor.
2 helpful votes