Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Format: Blu-ray|Change

Showing 1-10 of 89 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 122 reviews
on August 2, 2013
Admittedly I love a good 80's action movie, so Death Race 2000 is among my favorites. Death Race didn't really live up to the original, though it boasted some pretty good kills and gave me my daily dose of Statham (and a Carradine cameo). I watched this one purely on a whim on Netflix, and backed by the star-power of Danny Trejo. I had just watched a double feature with some friends consisting of From Dusk til Dawn and Machete and was in a Trejo kind of mood. I wasn't expecting to like Luke Goss as much as I did in the lead. I'm not sold on the connecting story to Death Race, especially considering how its connected to 2000, but the story was surprisingly solid (when I say that consider what type of movie we're watching here folks), the action was non-stop and I dug the return to the old-school cars of 2000. I have added this one to my existing collection of 2000 and Death Race, and will watch it again. Looking forward to Inferno....we'll see how the Frankenstein story wraps up....or does it?
on January 16, 2014
It was a good story and acting was great. The action was awesome but there was moments of miss filming. Like there is a pick up truck that had RPGs on top of it,sometimes would be shown with the RPGs and then 15 seconds later not have any then shoot an RPG 10 seconds later. But other then a few moments of miss filming, it was really cool. It was kinda to similar to the first movie but it does have a lot of attractive chicks in it and has a lot of graphic deaths. Not the most realistic movie but it's a movie about prisoners that can some how drive like bad*** who don't have any drivng skills what's so ever before they go to prison,there just know for killing people not driving good. But it is worth the few hours of watching.
on September 6, 2016
Brought it as a gift. Feedback is so so. Boxing and Car Racing (to kill) are created and video taped for gambling profit inside and outside this prison. Do not use logic to judge the plot as it is unreal. Entertainment is purely from special effect.
A male warden.
on October 12, 2014
This was a boring, slow start and disappointing since the order of movie was done backwards. This was suppose to be first film of series of three and Death Race 3 be the second film and the first was to be the three film. So, I would recommend renting Death Race 2 and Death Race 3 to see if u like.
on November 14, 2016
Great Prequel. For a straight to DVD film I really had a lot of fun. Fans of the first will love it
on January 18, 2011
Let me just first say that I fully realize that this move, the 2008 movie with Jason Statham and the original Roger Corman flick are all 'B' grade movies and I judge them on that level. I am a fan of Mad Max / Road Warrior type movies and the recent Death Race movies have been the only movies in that Car Wars genre for quite some time. I disagree with most who say that this is surperior to the 2008 film. It's clear that this movie has been made with the leftovers from that movie. I was expecting new characters and new cars (save Frankenstein's Mustang) what we get it the same cars with vaguely analogous characters - Big Bill is no Machine Gun Joe, Sheik is no Reaper and so on. 14K is the only driver other than Frankenstein to be in both movies - it seems like we could have seen more of the track history of the drivers in the first movie. The scenes with Sean Bean were clearly shot separately and edited in, as he never seems to interact with others ... the same is almost true of Ving Rhames.

In short, I wanted more combat car action and I got less and the bit that I got wasn't as fast paced and thrilling as the 2008 movie.

Who knows, maybe this series of films has done well enough to make a third film (death race 3000?) that would actually be a remake of the original
on September 5, 2013
This sequel is worthy. Great action, great (horrible) characters, and cool cars. What else do you want from the Death Race franchise??? The writers managed to tie the Frankenstein character in well, which is a bonus, too. I just wish they brought Ian McShane back for the sequel instead of the brainiac kid. Can't win 'em all! Great action movie, though
on February 5, 2011
Let's be honest, if you are expecting a Shakespearean script or Peter O'Toole caliber acting, you will be disappointed. If you want a guy movie loaded with cars, blood, bullets and babes, you will love this movie. It provides a basic storyline of how Death Race began, how Frankenstein came to be and fuel injected adrenaline. For a direct to rental movie, I'm surprised it was so good. So, put the kids to bed, fire up your big screen and enjoy!
on November 17, 2013
Death Race 2 was nothing like the original and the first 3/4 of the movie I actually found boring. There is not much actual car racing in this movie which seems to be some sort of "Prequel" to the original Death Race. Death Race 3 was a little better but neither beats the original.
on February 17, 2017
Good price. Fast delivery.