Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment. Kindle Paperwhite Shop now TG18PP_gno

on January 12, 2012
Like several other people I was looking for something to protect my new Kindle Fire. Having never purchased a "skin" before I guess it was my own fault because after looking closer it is what it said it was. However I thought $20 was way too much to spend for decoration. So I went through the process online to return it. Here is where Amazon amazed me. They approved my desire to return it however told me to keep it and they credited my credit card for the purchase immediately saying my business was important to them. So I kept it and put it on and for free I am pleased with it, but more importantly Amazon earned my business for life. I would have been happy with just returning it and getting my money back, but they went the extra mile. That does not happen much these days. By the way I love my kindle fire and it has energized my interest in reading again. I further decided to buy the $79 Amazon Prime and cannot recall ever being this happy with doing business with a company in the past and I am 63 years old.
0Comment| 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 21, 2012
I was looking for a way to protect the back of my Kindle Fire (since I'm not using one of the Marware Shell cases and since OtterBox hasn't seen fit to make anything for the Fire yet), and I also wanted to individualize my Fire from all the other black slate tablets out there. Therefore I chose the Dragon Legend skin. To me, it was the most masculine and unique of the DecalGirl designs, and so far it has done it's job exceptionally well. The skin version Amazon sells is a durable, coated matte version. The coating leaves a small amount of shine and slickness--enough to be pleasing to the eye and hands, but not enough to detract from the artwork. The back piece is very easy to apply. I had some trouble applying the front piece--mainly because of lining it up against the rubber ridges on the Fire's front, while simultaneously keeping it from covering portions of the main screen. There's also the round sensor cutout at the top to consider. I did wind up having around a millimeter or so of extra sticker material in one corner once everything was centered (as close as I could get it), but I'm not sure who to blame for that. The decal might have been cut slightly off center, but I have also noticed the rubber ridges on my fire are not totally symmetrical in some spots. Therefore, it's a tossup between Amazon and DecalGirl, and I'm not going to deduct a star. I was able to mash the corner down and it hasn't come back up. Both portions of the sticker are holding fast, despite my Kindle having slid around on surfaces a bit since applying them. DecalGirl says the stickers are easily removable and leave no residue--I haven't tried that, of course, but if they're being honest, I don't see how you could go wrong buying one of these skins. All the designs are attractive, and if you need a way of individualizing your tablet, in my opinion these skins are the way to go.
on February 23, 2012
If you have a Kindle Fire and dont keep it in a leather cover or any cover then this decal is a must have. It is for the eclectic of heart and is beautiful to look at. My kindle is usually on the table beside me,,,not always in its cover and i enjoy looking at the decal very much. I also just purchased a screen guard ( clear ) to protect it along with a sylus that works very well,,,,so the front decal went right on the clear protector beautifully, with no problems at all. Now i can enjoy my kindle even more. Thank you for reading this and i hope it helps.
on November 28, 2011
The background colors are more muted and darker than appears on the screen. The top front skin was cut a tiny bit too narrow to cover all of the top margin. It fit very well on the back and was thick enough to remove for better placement without wrinkling or tearing.Now that I have it I think the product is too expensive and I wouldn't get another unless the price dropped a few dollars.
33 comments| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 20, 2012
It looks just like the picture does and does spice up the Kindle Fire. It was a bit difficult to put on, espcially if you're using a screen protector--the screen protector kept lifing when I went to adjust the skin. And when I finally put the skin on, it did go over the sides a bit. I'm not sure if it's meant to do that or if it was just off a little. It doesn't bug me, but it did leave me wondering if I put it on incorrectly. Aside from those idiosyncrocies it's a charm!
on February 14, 2012
I was a bit disappointed when I received this... I thought it was a rubber covering for the Kindle Fire, like the ones you can get for your phone or IPOD. It is not! It's a $20 decal (window dressing) that does not offer any protection. I love the image, though, and decided to keep it. As a result, I also had to purchased a case for the Kindle Fire that truly provided the protection I wanted. Would I recommend this item? For looks only, not for protection.
Top Contributor: Petson January 13, 2012
I love these skins! I also have the leather Marwar cover for my Fire so instead of putting the large decal on the back of my Fire, where it wouldn't be seen under the cover, I just put it on the front of the leather cover. It went on easily and adhered perfectly, cover looks great! Look's like it was made that way. Much more fun and attractive then the plain brown cover. The price seems a little high, that's why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 but other then that I am completely happy with it.
on February 4, 2013
WARNING this will take off your touchscreen cover if you attempt to take it off!

So I have one of those expensive touch screen covers from the mall - put this on top of it and tried to take it off to re position and my lovely expensive screen cover came off with it.

MAKE SURE you have it exactly as you want it before you commence with the sticky part - it also takes a steady hand like when applying screen covers.
on December 2, 2012
This was not what I was expecting. It is just a sticker. I thought that it was a case. This was the first thing that I bought for the Kindle Fire I got my daughter for Christmas. However, It did come very fast and is beautiful.My daughter will love it. I was able to find a clear case to go on top of it to protect my daughter's Kindle Fire( KlearKase for Kindle Fire - Life-Proof, Transparent Case for Family or Outdoor Use - With Screen Protection ), so in the end it did work out. It just cost me more money.I did not know that there was a difference in a case and a skin. I thought a skin was just a soft case. Ops my bad, now I know.
on February 1, 2013
This Skin from DecalGirl was so easy to apply! Besides the beautiful design, the skin itself can easily be repositioned any number of times before you get the perfect fit. It doesn't bubble up, and smooths out uniformly as you press it on. Even the front skin is simple to put into place!
Great item!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question