Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Deceit: A Novel
Amazon Vehicles Celebrity Picks 2016 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Gift with Purchase Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Sting Shop Outdoor Gift Ideas on Amazon Baby Gift Guide

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 72 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on August 30, 2010
Wow! I thoroughly enjoyed this book. This was my first time reading this author, but it definitely won't be my last! Joanne's best friend, Linda Jackson, dies and Joanne believes Linda's husband Baxter murdered her but no one will listen to her. Baxter is a 'wonderful' man according to everyone who knows him. When his second wife dies, that is two wives in six years, Linda is determined to find the truth, but it may cost her life...
Every character in this book was realistic and so well developed that you honestly believe they could be someone you know! I loved how Joanne is so determined and loyal. The flashbacks keep you guessing and thinking you know exactly what is going to happen next but then there is a huge twist that leaves you quickly turning to read more. The way the spiritual aspect of the story comes at you makes you reevaluate your life and it just fits so well into the story line!
This book is a 5/5. Go get it and read it!
Thank you to Zondervan for the review copy of this book. I received this book in exchange for an honest review and the opinions stated above are 100% mine.
on April 16, 2011
This book has been sitting idle on my kindle since Nov 2010 when it was offered for FREE (now it's 9.99). I guess this is the reason I missed the Christian Mystery part of the description. However despite that it was a well written mystery/ who done it book. Normally I do not enjoy going past to present to past to present, but Collins did it so smoothly I could not image it being done any other way. It's a quick read and you finish it feeling all answers to your questions are answered.

The "bad" guy in the book (Baxter) is a real life bad guy one most people can relate to. The victims, some will relate to some will wonder (like myself) why did they stay in their situations. Either way the story can be related to quite easily....
on September 21, 2016
I read about half of this book on my Kindle. It was so, so, good that I ordered a paperback copy.
Ms. Collins is a fantastic writer! She is so descriptive in her narrative. She is very talented indeed.
There is no way you will be disappointed!
I will have to shop now to see if she has written a lot of others.
Buy it! You won't be sorry.
on July 27, 2015
This was painful--based on reviews, I kept expecting some improvement in characterization and plot that never came. Writing is mediocre overall. An unappealing representation of Christianists, both as characters and presumably the author herself as well.
on October 17, 2012
It wasn't until I was hooked on the plot that I realized this was a "Christian" book. Thank God it wasn't the usual preachy kind where the author's religious view gets in the way of telling a good story. The novel was action driven and so well-written that I certainly didn't miss all the usual pofanity and graphic sex that permeates much of today's novels. Mostly Ms. Collins used the characters acting in a most unchristian manner to get her moralistic viewpoint across to the reader. It was a job well-done and I shall read more by this author in the future.
on April 13, 2013
I reluctantly give Deceit 4 stars. Although a reader or a writer can stretch his or her imagination while reading or writing fiction, the `deceitful' character in this book was too distracting and implausible - she talked and behaved much older than her stated age.

Also, the religious overtones come out of the blue and don't fit in with the storyline. It's like they were forced in to perhaps give the book a `Christian' book label.

Otherwise, Deceit is well written and will be enjoyed by many who follow this genre.
on November 3, 2010
I picked this book because one, it was free, and two, thriller/mysteries are my favorite genre of books. As I read, I was constantly hooked! The only complain is that I hit two typo speed bumps; the word "we" instead of "be" and missing an "e" on "because", but those are very minor flaws and should not affect my rating.
on April 2, 2016
Deceit was an absolutely amazing book. I could not put it down, so many twists and turns and not preductable. In fact, the ending really surprised me as far as whodunnit! Alot of talent in this writer! I have enjoyed all of Brandylyn Collins books!!
on August 24, 2015
I am a big Brandilyn Collins fan and Deceit did not let me down. With all the twists and turns it kept me guessing all along the way. I would recommend this book to anyone, especially those who enjoy suspense. Thanks Brandilyn!!
on October 29, 2010
Deceit was a great disappointment for me. The story was painstakingly slow moving, the sexual innuendo too great, and the plot a little too thin for my taste. Joanne's angst and motives just weren't "real" to me. The story really didn't start moving until half way through the book and it was still filled with thoughts and motives to which I just couldn't relate. Since I love Christian fiction, I feel badly about not liking this but it was just not a good story.