|Print List Price:||$7.99|
Save $4.00 (50%)
Deceived (The Gwen Sparks Series Book 2) Kindle Edition
|Length: 318 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $1.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
This book we learn a lot more about Gwens power, and there is a lot to learn. Then in walks this sexy Angel of Death who had me saying screw Aiden and lets have some fun with Dorian.lol (man I am so loyal.) Don't worry Aiden fans he is still around and we get many many fun and sexy scenes with him, but by the end of the book I think you will all by on my side and want some more Dorian action. I mean he is just this big sexy package with a bow of mystery. I am totally having a swoon moment here.
Ian is still out there but now he gaining more power and making surprise visits to Gwens dreams and these are not nice visits at all. The witches are also starting a war with vampires for the brew, but they aren't just looking to kill those using brew they plan to kill everyone they can. We spend most of the book in Moon a town filled with witches were the the Witch Council is. We also get to meet some new people, some good and some not so good but you will not learn exactly who that is until the end.
I totally love this book. It was filled with action, mystery, swoon worthy men and lots of secrets are being discovered. Stephanie Nelson created an amazing world filled with witches and vampires and it is a definite must read for anyone who loves an awesome paranormal story.
You can see more reviews @ [...]
If you read Craved (book 1 in the Gwen Sparks Series), we met a Gwen Sparks who was trying to heal her broken heart and live a somewhat normal life. In Deceived, Gwen is torn between her desire to help the Witch Council rid the Brew issue and the Council's edict that all vampires are bad and must be eradicated. Considering her boyfriend is Adrian, a 600+ year old Italian vampire, that edict causes issues. Her other issue is being used as a "Secret Weapon" for the council. In addition to those pretty big issues, she also has a hard time dealing with the change in her and Fiona's relationship and her attraction to Dorian.
As a reader, it's almost like all of Gwen's emotions leap off the pages at you. Those emotions make it easy for you to connect with her and become engrossed in the storyline. She stands up for herself, is willing to go out on a limb for a cause she believes in and calls people on their BS when it's getting a little deep. She also someone who takes her powers for granted. It's refreshing to see her question why she should do something, just because she can. For Gwen alone I would love this series.
But Gwen isn't the only character that will draw you in. Adrian and Dorian both engage the readers at an emotional level.Read more ›
I was hooked on the story and the characters the first time around. Now that I'm coming around for a second time...I'm having a slight issue with the many grammatical errors (in both books) - hence, the star removed.
I have actually committed the most recent ones to memory.
1) 'Deceived' - yes, it's the title of the book and doesn't seem like it should be a problem, right? Well, when it's just sitting at the end of a sentence, capitalized, having nothing to do with anything being said because it's smack dab in the middle of a conversation...it becomes a problem.
2) 'Offence' - nothing so far has convinced me that she's British. Small thing, yea. It really is. But, when the entire two books had American grammar, it was off-putting.
3) 'Ceased' - problem? You can't 'cease' someones neck...you can seize it, though.
4) Font - No...not the word 'font', but actual font. In one instance there is a voice that isn't being heard except by Gwen - ordinarily, this voice was italicized so that you knew it was speaking. This time there was no warning and not font change. I had to re-read a couple of times to finally figure it out. It goes back and forth for a short time in that manner. Slightly frustrating. It brought me back to the real world, where I don't wanna be.
It is 1:30am and I literally stopped reading and came over to write a review. I love these books, I love the story (the strength of it keeps me reading)....but, that grammar has had me baffled in a few places and re-reading sentences to try and see what was really being said and distracting me from the story.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Dorian!!!! Le sigh....... Gwen really got herself in a pickle this time! Even though she got Ian her problems just keep bigger and bigger.Published 27 days ago by Sara Nelson
The author took way to long in between books and I lost all interest. It's so Sad because it had potential. Read morePublished 18 months ago by Kindle Customer
A great book. I really enjoyed it and was frequently stopping to listen to the narration. Usually the audio books are background noise for work but I found I was paying close... Read morePublished on August 20, 2014 by Michelle RB
The story line is interesting and I can see it appealing to older teen girls with the vampire and witch topic, but the writing needs to be proofread. Read morePublished on August 10, 2014 by Amazon Customer
Gwen has no choice but to go to the witches headquarters in Moon to get training for the war between the witches and vampires. Read morePublished on April 27, 2014 by Kindle Customer
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Horror > Occult
- Books > Romance > Paranormal
- Books > Romance > Vampires
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Horror > Occult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Paranormal > Angels
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Paranormal > Vampires
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Paranormal > Witches & Wizards