Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on July 19, 2015
I really enjoyed this book. I had read both "Angels & Demons" and "The Da Vinci Code," and found this novel to be a welcome departure from religion. Brown focuses on government conspiracies and scientific misinformation, and it's just as good of a story. I do think that the first 100 pages are very slow. I remember reading up to that point and thinking "oh, that's what this book is about." After the first 100 pages, the story picks up and becomes a suspenseful thrill-ride through the ice and snow. In the end, this was a great book that I recommend to anyone who enjoys Dan Brown books, or anyone who enjoys a good story! There are plenty of memorable moments, over-the-top action, and intrigue.

I bought this book as a gift for someone and then ended up reading it myself before they did. The hardback edition was great; the cover has held up remarkably well. I've thoroughly enjoyed this book.
on October 23, 2016
Dan Brown is obviously a great author. In Deception Point, Brown creates a very interesting premise and sets in motion a thrilling mystery story. However, in this case, I found that some of the more suspenseful segments seemed to go on and on. I actually caught myself putting the book down for awhile to go do something else. Building the suspense is a great talent but, when that suspense is held for page after page after page, you tend to get somewhat fatigued by it. In the end, it was a great read well worth my time. If you like adventure thrillers, this is definitely a book worth reading.
on August 31, 2017
I just love Dan Brown's style of writing, the immaculate way that he describes a scene. He is one of my favorite authors and I don't miss reading any of his books. In fact I have already pre ordered his new one coming in early October. This book ( Deception point ), is touches a different topic...a bit away from his normal but interesting reading. His in depth study of the actual scenario is incredible and knowledgeable to the reader. This book has a strong political angle combined with extensive knowledge of what goes on the white house, the protocol, the significance of each room, staff duties etc. etc, you end up knowing a lot of stuff which you possibly could not imagine. For Dan Brown fans, this book is a must.
on September 4, 2014
Dan Brown did not disappoint with Deception Point! His knowledge is vast and impressive. This book is not as "symbolic" as Angels and Demons or The Da Vinchi Code, rather Brown intrigues us with his knowledge of scientific innovation. Deception Point is based on the (fictional) political scandal of the century! The Presidential hopeful uses NASA's failures to launch his campaign while the current President firmly stands behind NASA regardless of their past failures. Then NASA reveals the biggest news in the history of science, but did they make a mistake? The presidential hopeful's daughter, who already works for the President of the USA gets caught up in the scandal of all scandals and finds herself fighting for her life with no clue who she can trust with a cover-up of this magnitude in process. I loved it and couldn't stop reading late into the night...sometimes early into the morning! Let me know what you thought!
on January 24, 2018
*** Spoilers Alert ***
Good book but not as good as The Da Vinci Code. But a very compelling read, nonetheless. Unputdownable. He interweaves fact with fiction in a masterful way, as usual. Some details were simply too much needed to be cut and some action sequences (especially near the end) should have been abridged. There's more emphasis on action rather than on internal/external dialogues whereas the latter was more interesting. Dan Brown has been correctly criticized as having flat characters usually but there was more depth to most of the characters of this book. Also, I didn't really buy the mega-denouement near the end either. Seemed forced as the antagonist could have thwarted the protagonists far more easily than the way it was played out. I mean, if someone is really driven by a hidden agenda, why would that person not throw road blocks from the very beginning in direct interactions? Why assist (in some cases, greatly) till the very end and then show your true identity? It seemed a bit contrived, maybe a case of deus ex machina and I expected more from Dan Brown. BUT I still loved the book and I would certainly recommend it to anyone, especially to his die-hard fellow fans, like myself.
on October 23, 2012
I have read all of Dan Brown's novels but somehow I missed "Deception Point." Last week I corrected this by downloading it on my Kindle. I began reading and literally could not put this book down until the final page.
Brown begins with an intriguing plot set just above the Arctic Circle. From there you just hold on as he takes you from one adventure to another. The writing is tight, concise. The timing is excellent. Even though there are many characters in this novel, he does an excellent job of making sure we know each one -- and their intentions. Some noble. Some evil.

This book takes the reader inside the Presidency, inside NASA and you believe it all. Dan Brown, to me, really shines in this book! I wanted the two main characters to go on and move into a sequel, maybe? Please?

Great read! Don't start it and expect to read a chapter or two. It's just that good.

Joyce Norman
Author, Publisher
on July 31, 2016
I was already a fan of Dan Brown's as I have read several of his books. This one was just as good. I enjoy his writing style (switching back and forth between story lines) as well as the technical background which I view as another trademark of his writing. I couldn't click on just one of the buttons associated with this review. At times I thought I knew what was going to happen but then there was something a little different from what I expected and then there were some big surprises.
on April 3, 2015
Enjoyed it up until the Goya/Triton event. From Goya/Triton to the end Dan Brown must have been tired of the whole thing because it turned from a very interesting well told story to a ridiculous episode with the Triton and then continued a serious downhill slide to a silly sophomoric ending in the Lincoln room. This was the fourth Dan Brown book I have read and thankfully the first three were very enjoyable. I will probably give him another chance but if the next one ends on such a silly flat note that will be the end of Dan Brown for me.
on December 12, 2017
Tremendously fun and informative as expected .greatcompanion while recovering from survey. Or muchelsecouldkeepmy attention away from the pain. Truly enjoyed it. The major twist was genius
on July 5, 2017
A good read. I especially enjoyed this novel because of the science bent...the convergence of multiple conspiracies theories and politics! Very Dan Brown!