- Hardcover: 176 pages
- Publisher: W. W. Norton & Company; Fully Revised edition (May 8, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0393652378
- ISBN-13: 978-0393652376
- Product Dimensions: 4.7 x 0.7 x 7.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 6.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 8 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #58,712 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
The Decision Book: Fifty Models for Strategic Thinking (Fully Revised Edition) Hardcover – May 8, 2018
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
About the Author
Mikael Krogerus is freelance journalist and an editor with Das Magazin, the weekly supplement to Switzerland’s biggest newspaper.
Roman Tschäppeler is the founder of the consulting and multimedia firm Guzo, based in Biel-Benne, Switzerland. He attended the Kaospilot School in Denmark.
Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Also, I find the last sections of the book about influencing others more useful and interesting
Thanks to the authors for putting this together..
How to improve yourself (13 models)
How to understand yourself better (17 models)
How to understand others better (15 models)
How to improve others (5 models)
With 60% of the models geared towards looking internally at personal development and decision making, and the other 40% on how you work with others, it's really a book about YOU. In the title, the association with decision making and strategic thinking is the real essence of the book. Don't think about this book in terms of business models such as Ansoff Matrix, or PEST, or Porters 5 Forces etc.
Models are a great way of visualising ideas, organising, planning, and conveying thoughts and strategies to others. The models presented in this book are as good as the effort you are prepared to put in. Remember planning is everything the plan is nothing. If the development of knowledge is the continuous application of learning you will get an opportunity to use, and therefore become more knowledgeable with some of these models more than others.
The book offers a comprehensive list of models, some are very straightforward but some could have done with a bit more explanation and even an example. I also believe with a lot of personal/business model books it's important to reiterate that circumstances, external forces and the business itself are always changing and responding to personal and market needs. As a consequence, you should always return to your models and redo, rather than accept the results from the previous time.
I really like approaches that visualise concepts or plans to help with realisation or explanation, so I would recommend this book as a useful resource in your library.