Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Josh Too and the conflicts PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 19 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 27 reviews
on April 9, 2017
Years ago I listened to Hadden Robinson teach through these principles as part of Radio Bible Class. I recently picked up the book again in preparation for teaching on decision making. It is simply excellent, as full of wisdom and practical advice as I had remembered.
on February 4, 2016
This very readable, enjoyable book articulates the biblical view of decision making. Many well-meaning Christian people have made appallingly bad decisions based on a mystical perspective that drives them to do things they think God "told them" to do. This classic work clearly outlines both the folly of the mystical decision making process and how it is contrary to scripture. Told with stories and interesting anecdotes, it is relevant and useful -- a must-read for any believer, but especially those who struggle with trying to determine what God wants for them in their lives.
on September 7, 2014
This book is great for anyone that struggles with making decisions in life. Sometimes I can be indecisiveness if I have many options and other times I can be so confident in one decision over another. But why?. This book has helped lay a more firm foundation to make small and be decisions in my life and it also provided great quotes, scripture references and conviction that has pointed me toward a better path
on January 6, 2012
With all of the decisions we make each day and with our desire to please God in those choices, this book provides a biblical approach to good decision making by a trusted author.

This book will help you to understand the following and so much more:
how prone we are to use unbiblical methods to make decisions,
how a faulty view of God's will and God's sovereignty puts undo stress on us when we face decisions,
how the Scriptures provide clear, simple steps for good decision making (i.e. prayer, searching the Scriptures, seeking wise counsel, etc.)

I had a few drawbacks, namely, that the author dealt much more with the objective and less with the subjective aspect of decision making. However, over all, I enjoyed this book and plan to reread it again soon.

Matt Ellis
Brooksville, Florida
on November 8, 2012
Dr. Robinson wrote a small book that helps everyday Christians practice their faith in an environment of professional "God-Hearers." He explains the confidence they can have that they are in or searching for the will of God without needing to find, manufacture or misrepresent some "special" message from their own Creator. He makes the point that God does not love best those who claim to hear Him most or most directly. Robinson does not make it easy, he makes it simple.
on December 7, 2010
This book helps cut through the "spookie" maze that is sometimes put up by some who overspiritualize EVERYTHING. Many times, I see how one can get "stuck" by obsessing about seeking and being in God's perfect will for one's life, and other times making important decisions by connecting dots that don't really connect. I think this book offers some guidance on balancing your thinking in order to stay focused and make decisions based on a firm, biblical foundation.
on February 9, 2017
Good information
on February 2, 2014
It is the best book I have found that balance Biblical perspective with rational thinking. God gave you a mind and he wants you to use it for making decisions.
on August 30, 2015
I highly recommend this book. New or used makes no difference. The information contained in it is worthwhile reading.
on July 1, 2016
let me hold your hand and tell you how to think.