Black & Decker SDC850 SpaceMaker 8-Cup Coffeemaker with Thermal Carafe
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Under-the-cabinet coffeemaker with thermal carafe brews up to 8 cups of coffee at a time
- Removable water reservoir and brew basket; on/off button; freshness indicator; brew-pause function
- Blue-backlit digital control panel; programmable clock; delay brew for wake-up coffee
- Cord storage; Save-A-Plug outlet; mounting instructions and template included for easy installation
- Measures approximately 12-3/5 by 10-2/7 by 15-1/2 inches; 2-year limited warranty
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Revolutionizing a classic favorite. The new Spacemaker coffee maker was designed to please the traditional Spacemaker user: sturdiness, performance but most of all, 63% more usable counter space. Intuitive, easy to use features. At least 2 of the mounting holes are kept the same as the original (ODC) to facilitate upgrades.
Top customer reviews
The annoying failure relates to the ability to interrupt while brewing feature - the spring fell out the first time I used it, so I had to pick up a suitable replacement at the local hardware store.
The second failure is of greater concern and rendered the coffee maker inoperable, pending replacement of a thermal fuse. There are two thermal fuses surrounding the hot water heater, one of which failed. That resulted in no power to the unit - dead display. Just prior to pitching it, I decided to disassemble the unit to see if it could be fixed instead of replaced for another $100! The upper limit thermal fuse had blown, so a replacement is on order. Both fuses are accessible by removing the cover behind the carafe mounting location, with just two screws to access the heater. They are contained within the white protective cover that wraps under the heater. This is an easy repair for a qualified repair technician.
2) The 'lip' of the carafe has no spout to speak of, no little dip or curved indention for pouring, it is nothing but a straight, horizontal plane of plastic that protrudes from the neck of the pot. Thus, it's like pouring liquid from a water glass; coffee runs down the front of the pot when you're finished pouring and you have to catch with a paper towel if you don't want it on you countertop.
3)The dead space between the outside of the carafe and the inner thermal core isn't sealed and coffee runs into this space when you are pouring. It took about 2 months for this to show up.....we'd pour a cup of coffee and later notice a circle of drips on the counter top beneath the pot...the same size as the pot. We discovered that when pouring the coffee, some of it was running into this cavity, collecting, then running out at the seam where the stainless of the carafe meets the black plastic top and dripping onto the countertop. It's gotten worse, we now have to hold a paper towel across the front of the pot to stop all the streams of coffee that run out of the seam. I looked into returning it but B&D would only give us a bit of money toward a new unit if we'd ship the faulty one to them....not worth it after you pay that then again when they ship a new one to you. Now, each morning when we're finished drinking coffee we wash the carafe out, hold it over the sink side-down and shake, shake, shake....trying to get the trapped coffee out.....then we lay it on its side on a bed of paper towels so what's left can seep out during the day. We bought the matching B&D under counter coffee grinder at the same time and after about 3 months the plastic bowl began getting hairline cracks all round it. It still works fine, but I'm starting to notice a powdering of coffee on the counter top beneath it every time it's used. Black and Decker no longer puts out quality products it seems. We've owed B&D under-counter coffee makers ever since they started making them, so this is quite disappointing.
Most recent customer reviews
The water reservoir marking for 8 cups, will only get you 4 cups of coffee.Read more
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
See the Top Rated coffee makers in our Coffee Maker Reviews.