BEWARE OF COUNTERFEIT BOOKS. Readers report that Amazon's 3rd-party sellers are selling counterfeits; counterfeit pages have misprints, missing pages or pages in reverse order. Amazon is investigating the issue. For now, purchase genuine books with the Amazon.com logo: bit.ly/2B9xxBf
Brand new 3rd edition
Lewis C. Lin — the world's #1 expert on product management (PM) interviews — has updated Decode and Conquer in an all-new third edition. Decode and Conquer is your starting point on how to conquer the most difficult PM interview questions. Here's what to expect:
- Frameworks for design and metrics questions including the famous CIRCLES Method™, AARM Method™, and DIGS Method™
- Biggest mistakes PM candidates make at the interview and how to avoid them
- Insider tips on just what interviewers are looking for and how to answer so they can't say NO to hiring you
- Sample answers for important PM interview questions
Expanded Section on Metrics & Execution
The 3rd edition has an expanded section on metrics & execution questions. Empower yourself with the latest thinking, frameworks, and tips to cover this growing category of questions!
Questions and answers covered in the book
- Design a new iPad app for Google Spreadsheet.
- Brainstorm as many algorithms as possible for recommending Twitter followers.
- You're the CEO of the Yellow Cab taxi service. How do you respond to Uber?
- You're part of the Google Search web spam team. How would you detect duplicate websites?
Endorsed by Google recruiters. Praised by Business Insider.
Decode and Conquer, especially CIRCLES™, has been endorsed by recruiters and top publications such as Business Insider. Top product management executives, including those from Google, Amazon, and Microsoft, recommend Decode and Conquer to PM job seekers.
Here's what readers say
You've helped many people in more ways than you know. I wish to do that someday in my own way.
Just wanted to share my gratitude for your work! Bought Decode & Conquer and enjoying every page. :)
I am a Zimbabwean who has been living in China for the last 8 years. No direct PM experience but your 2-week PM guide has been incredibly useful. I have also been reading Decode and Conquer which has gotten me up to speed really fast. Brilliant book!
I have just about finished your book Decode and Conquer and have found it to be enlightening. I feel that I already have drastically reduced the amount of PM interviews that I would have failed with a deer in the headlights look on my face.
Lewis Lin is the best. Just heard back from Uber, it’s a yes! 🙏 I had interviewed there twice before over the years, but it wasn’t until I encountered Lewis, his materials, and this community that I was finally able to crack it.
Your books helped me when I first got the PM job at Amazon. They again helped me refresh, alongside my gained experience, when I moved to Google. That, as you know, is through an interview process that’s notoriously one of the hardest in the industry. The shared wisdom in the pages of the book (even when I sometimes disagreed with the methods and answers) was extremely helpful.