Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Decorate: 1,000 Design Ideas for Every Room in Your Home
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Back to School STEM

Format: Hardcover|Change

on November 24, 2012
Becker and Copestick provide a visual guide to interior design complemented by drawings and text. Their chapters on the use of natural and reclaimed materials for accenting home interiors are practical and achievable. I especially enjoyed their presentation of collections and collectables. I was pleased at the price of the book, happy with the photos, appreciative of the real-world floor plans, and delighted with the advice. Becker and Copestick have created an affordable and desirable "best in class" book on interior design. Becker's and Copestick's book is a valuable "bring - along" on my iPad for my various expeditions as I search local markets, salvage yards, second - hand stores, IKEA, and upscale design centers in search of the unique (within my budget). There is something here for everyone - the classic is presented right alongside the innovative and original.
on May 16, 2011
I ve been waiting so long to finally get Decorate at my hands so I can spend my cozy time entirely reading on it. And It is as I expected, I fall in love with the book, gorgeous pictures, simple and to the point explanation, not intimidating (for me as a person that has a very little knowledge about interior design, but longing for creative ideas).

I love all the section on the book, but I personally adore the tips and picture for a compact space/ one bed room as we live in the very limited space and it is a great tips that we can apply too.

I love the author too, Holly Becker as she is my blogger teacher and I always portray her as a warm and genuine person, and I thought the book is just her reflection and her honest intentions to share her expertise to us the reader, and for that I really appreciate it.

( I am sorry I don' t know Joanna personally, but I think she is lovely person too)
on February 20, 2012
With the subtitle, "1,000 Design Ideas for Every Room in Your Home," I expected some diverse looks and styles. Instead the book features the same or similar design style (white walls or furnishings, often Scandinavian in feel, with Modern furniture featured more often than Traditional, though both are shown) in almost all 400 photos, broken up by the occasional variation (rooms with bold wallpaper or paint color). It felt very much like the same design aesthetic was applied throughout all homes and rooms featured. In fact, I've seen a greater variety of interior design styles in a single copy of an interior design magazine than I did in this book.

If you don't have the chance to flip through Decorate before you buy it and if your design aesthetic differs from the authors', the book will be a disappointment. If you like the authors' style and/or glance through the book before you buy, Decorate: 1,000 Design Ideas for Every Room in Your Home may be up right up your (Northern European-inspired) alley.
on March 24, 2013
I am a Domino's fan, however, upon receipt of my DECORATE, 1,000 DESIGN iDEAS FOR EVERY ROOM IN YOUR HOME, I was amazed at the sheer size of the book.

This is a must-have for your collection and I loved the design board idea - for years I have clipped magazine pages, committed my own ideas to scraps of notes, collected ribbons, art, etc. I also loved the New York designer who designed the small studio - it looks like me!
on October 31, 2011
My husband and I are looking to buy a house and this is the perfect book to get us inspired! Love the rooms that are featured -- very unique and have lots of character. Also love the quotes throughout the book. Everytime I flip through the book I'm inspired and discover something new in the pages that I didn't notice before.
on August 8, 2011
I pre-ordered Decorate in April. I have been following Holly's blog, Decor8 for years. The book is a great source for inspiration. The photography is wonderful. I've had the book for three months and have not finished it yet. I want to savor it, so I read it, bit by bit.
on November 29, 2013
I have read numerous decorating books and this one is very cluttered - so many photos repeating themselves (just from different angles). I was hoping to get more from the author and less from other well known decorators - lots of quoting/comments from people other than the author (was not very personal). Its difficult to read/follow and basically portrays the same style throughout the book. I guess I expected to dive in and learn lots of new information. Instead I walked away being glad it was over with.
on May 1, 2012
Let me just say this from the outset - even before Decorate came out, I was an avid fan of Holly Becker. The reason is simple. Holly has always been a person who encourages others to discover their own personal style and supports people from that perspective. There is nothing more personal than one's home, and it's the easiest place to get wrong - because putting together your own space can be so very challenging, even if you have a good eye, which I believe I do.

What I love about this book is that it's like building blocks for good taste. You don't have to take everything in. It's formatted in a way that is very understandable for the non-design professional. It's personal and the anthesis of design-arrogance. Because it's so approachable and applicable, you can take so many of the ideas and implement them straight away, without it costing a fortune and without having to rip apart everything that you have. Holly doesn't go for a specific "look" in my opinion, but rather collects ideas from the most beautiful, relaxed and gentle environments that she can find and says "Here, look at this... what do you think? You could do this, couldn't you?" I spent 13 years in the Interior Design business and I cannot tell you how refreshing I find that approach.

I now have a B&B in Italy, and I've often referred to this book over the past year as inspiration for specific corners or walls where I just wasn't coming up with anything myself. I should also say here - I don't buy a lot of books and magazines, choosing to use the Web for much of my inspiration. But I am happy to have this book. One, because it's by someone whose personality makes me smile, so when I see the book on my table, I'm happy, and two, because it's the kind of book that invites me - and my guests here at the B&B - to look at our own environments with fresh eyes!
on August 15, 2011
This book is a wonderful source of inspiration, ideas and styles. It is very informative and covers every aspect of interior design from cushions to bed skirts to kitchen and bathroom units. It is written very well and laid out in an easy to follow style. If you are about to decorate and aren't sure what style you like, buy this book, it will help. I recommend this to anyone who needs ideas. I have nothing negative to say about it. Buy it.
on February 7, 2015
Lots of detailed information on decorating styles and techniques, color coordination and mood setting. First I thought it was more than I wanted to know about decorating but it turned out to be enjoyable and very useful