- File Size: 2706 KB
- Print Length: 196 pages
- Publisher: Valerie Howard Books (December 28, 2013)
- Publication Date: December 28, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0054D3IN4
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #823,012 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$5.50|
Save $2.51 (46%)
Deep Blue Sea Kindle Edition
|Length: 196 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
I just finished reading Valerie Howard's "Deep Blue Sea," which was generously provided to me by the author herself, free of charge, in exchange for my honest opinion. This novel features Jamie Walker, a woman whose life is spinning out of control. Her husband spends more time out of town on business then he does with her, and when he is around, he refuses to understand her deep-seated need for a child. She tries desperately to distract herself from both her present pain and the past that torments her, but the resulting depression causes a lack of focus that threatens her career as a magazine editor. Jamie knows something has to change, but what? In the back of her mind there is always the tempting lure of the full bottle of sleeping pills laying in the nightstand drawer, but deep down, this woman knows that this is a permanent solution to temporary problems. What are her other options? Her friend Jade is always inviting her to church, and Jamie finally takes her up on the offer, more out of boredom than anything else. Surprisingly, she finds the message she hears there appealing. Can Jesus be trusted to lift the burdens turning life into a train wreck? Which path will she choose?
Howard constructed a compelling plot with very believable characters. This is one of those books that pulls the reader into the lives of the people involved. It is also unapologetically filled with the gospel, without beating you over the head with it. Teenagers will enjoy this story along with their older counterparts, and children will not need to be shielded from anything contained in this novel, so feel free to share it with your family. The only drawback to this title is that it is a bit of a slow start, but once it gets going, I found it very worthwhile. My rating is a solid four and a half out of five stars. I eagerly await this writer's next project.
Until we meet again...
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Contemporary Women
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Christian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Women's Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Christian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction