Deep Red (Uncensored English Version)
|Additional DVD options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
"A Giallo Masterpiece! DEEP RED Has Very Few Equals In The Realm Of Suspense And Style!" -- HorrorDigital
"A Stunning Thriller! A Film That Sits In Your Mind Long After It's Over!" -- BBC
"A Tour-De-Force Thriller! A Stunning Journey Through A Shadow Labyrinth Of Repressed Memories And Madness!" -- Eccentric Cinema
"There Is No Better Italian Thriller, Giallo, Detective, Horror, Or Slasher Style Film Than DEEP RED!" -- DVD Verdict
Top Customer Reviews
First off, I've watched both versions of the film on this bluray disk, the picture quality is very good. I was slightly disappointed that it didn't make a major leap forward from the old DVDs like I experienced when first watching the blurays of Stendhal Syndrome or Inferno, but I pulled out my old Anchor Bay DVD (the one mentioned by the other reviewer) and watched the first 10 minutes of the DVD vs the Bluray back to back and the bluray is substantially better picture quality wise(don't get me wrong the PQ is very good on this release just with some of the others it felt like I was seeing the film for the first time).
Next since I've seen the uncut Italian version countless times, I was looking forward to finally seeing a quality release of the Uncut English version. I can confirm that as best as I can tell all the gore in intact. The things which seem to be cut are some of the Hemmings pianist scenes. I can see how people feel either way on this, it does make the pacing of the film slightly faster, but I think it you lose some character development. After seeing this, personally I still prefer the 126 minute version.
As for the dvd having only the uncut english version, as someone else pointed out Blue Underground a couple of years ago released the Uncut Italian version already on DVD. Just get the other edition, or move up to the bluray.
Having seen the Italian version many times, I was pretty excited to get to watch it with full Italian audio and English subs.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Dario Argento is my favorite, but I must say Deep Red is probably the most overrated giallo of all. Sure it has some of the best murder scenes ever, as well as brilliant imagery;... Read morePublished 1 month ago by A. Salas
The cinematography is quite good, as well as the soundtrack. The violence and a few suspenseful moments are best appreciated on a large screen. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Aparato SuperSónico
I love this movie. Just re-watched it again since the last time in 5 years. It's more gorier than I remember, but still love it!Published 3 months ago by g.m.
There's a problem with the sound and even by adjusting the subtitle to English continually it keeps going back to Italian. I ended up turning it off after 15 minutesPublished 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
A piano player (David Hemmings) becomes obsessed with solving the murder of a psychic who lived in his building. Read morePublished 5 months ago by David Bonesteel
This is an odd old horror/mystery movie. About 80% of the film is dubbed in english and the other 20% is still Italian because certain audio files could not be found/were never... Read morePublished 5 months ago by Jordan Rogers
Italian horror does not get any better... This is the best of the best. Blood sprays, bodies pile up and creepy visuals ensue! Read morePublished 7 months ago by Damascus Cain
Must say i loved this movie. Old school , whose the killer mystery. Have another Argento movie" Suspiria" and this one just as good. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Kevin R. McShea