Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,385 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,461 reviews
on November 3, 2016
Recently purchasing an iPad Pro 9.7" and an Apple Pencil for drawing purposes, I was in dire need of a screen protector to provide a tactile, texture feel akin to that of paper. After reading and watching many reviews throughout the interwebs, it appeared that the iCarez Anti-Glare/Anti-Fingerprint Matte Finish Screen Protector was the recommended winner. Boy, am I happy that I bought this. I originally had the concern that this would be too "grippy" or "rough" and would eat away at the Apple Pencil nibs; but it fortunately provides just enough grip to give the perfect feel and feedback when drawing with the Apple Pencil. Shipping was fast as it came a day before it's designated arrival date and the installation went as smooth as butter. There are concise installation instructions to follow, including dust removal stickers for the perfectionists inside us all, as well as an extra screen protector if we managed to fumble the first installation horribly. Bubbles are easily pushed out during application and any trapped dust particles may be removed with the stickers. Below are my general thoughts of the product using it with and without the Apple Pencil:

Normal use (without Apple Pencil):
The Anti-Glare Matte finish is a great feature to have on a screen protector. This prevents harsh lights to blind you as you're checking your mail, surfing the web, or playing any App games. I feel that this is a great way to help protect your eyes if you tend to stare at the screen for any prolonged period of time. Direct skin contact to the surface also feels great. The surface still feels very smooth to the touch without the stickiness of your fingers to the glass. Your fingers still might slightly stick if they are sweaty or wet, but very minimally. Lastly, there are NO fingerprints present on the screen after use!

Drawing use (with Apple Pencil):
Drawing on the bare iPad screen felt like I was trying to figure skate on glass without any traction. With the iCarez protector installed, I feel like I'm back in control of my own movements. The surface provides enough "teeth" or "traction" to feel like you are sketching on paper. The responsiveness of the Pencil seems unaffected and works perfectly with the product installed. As for any concerns regarding the protector scratching, I've tested applying a generous amount of pressure with the Pencil and no scratches are present. There may be slight marks as you draw, but they will wipe away easily with a cloth. In regards to sticking, the surface also allows your palm to glide a lot more effortlessly and I've noticed minimal sticking occur (none if you draw with a glove). Palm rejection also is unhindered and functions just as intended.

Pros:
- Easy Application (Very concise instructions, love the dust removal stickers)
- Comes with two protectors (Incase first installation fails horribly)
- No Fingerprints
- Provides a good "Paper" feel when drawing using a Stylus (Apple Pencil)
- Scratch resistant
- Anti-Glare for harsh reflective lights
- Minimal sticky feeling when in skin contact to the screen
- Good fit to the device (Cutouts were perfectly aligned to my iPad Pro 9.7")

Cons:
- Screen may appear grainy

Overall a good product. Would definitely recommend it as the price is fairly low, so why not give it a shot?
on July 26, 2017
I bought this mostly for the finish, rather than the protection, to improve writing with the Apple Pencil. In this regard, it does exactly what I bought it for.

I put it on a 9.7" iPad Pro. It's well made, the camera lens and home button holes will line up perfectly. It's a matte finish visually while it has the tactile feel more like a satin finish photo. While I'm sure it degrades the image, I'm resisting the temptation to do a side-by-side comparison; the screen image still looks great. In terms of the surface with the Apple pencil, my writing is improved, but not a lot. (To be honest, it'd take a lot to improve my handwriting.) Just using my finger, I notice more drag. However, using a drawing program, there's enough resistance that I can draw parallel lines without resting my hand on the screen. I've never been able to do this, even on paper. I get similar results with an Adonit Jot Script I used prior to the Pencil.

Installing the protector is similar to my experience with others. It's flexible and you lay it down with the rolling motion. Ignore the instructions in the package, the video at the iCarez site is better. I've done this a lot and while one or two small bubbles remain, they're outide the viewing area and none are the result of dust particles (that bubble with the little 'pimple' in the center).

Overall, after a couple days, I can recommend it for the reasons I've given.
on September 14, 2017
This makes it so much easier to draw on my iPad Pro. While the initial placement is a little challenging the pack includes rubber bands and stickers to help position the screen protector and remove lint. The iCarez YouTube page shows how to use them and other content creators have also given tutorials and reviews on this product. I don't know if it compares to the Wacom Cintiq in the way it feels to draw on it (I've heard it does not), but it does greatly reduce the ice skating effect of drawing on glass with the Apple Pencil. It gives the screen a little bit of a "tooth" like what you would feel on drawing paper and that's exactly what I was hoping for.

The one downside that I noticed so far is the graininess that it adds to the screen. It doesn't bother me, but if you enjoy the crisp, high resolution image that the iPad Pro offers, you may find that a deal breaker.
on May 28, 2016
Very happy with this screen protector. The matte feel is smooth on your fingers, yet provides good grip when writing or drawing with the Apple Pencil; which is primarily why I chose this type of screen protector. There's a slight loss of sharpness in the display once the screen is on, however, by no means would I say that the Retina display is "compromised" because of it. It also does an excellent job at not picking up oil from my fingers. I've found that even after applying hand cream, the screen still did not pick up oils. The screen does not interfere with the apple pencils sensitivity either. This was something that I was originally concerned with, but luckily it's not an issue. I found the application process to be pretty easy, especially with the application tools provided. Overall, I'd say if you're looking for a good matte screen protector for art or for note taking, or even just for protection, this is an excellent choice. Especially at this price point. Plus you get two in case for some reason you mess up applying one or your old one gets damaged. I highly recommend!
on February 17, 2017
I usually protect my screens with a tempered glass screen protector but I actually got this for a different reason: to help make the iPad Pro screen less slippery when using the Apple Pencil. This does indeed help in that area. Being matte it does result in a flattening of the iPad Pro's stunning display but it's not horrible. The instructions for installation work great. The only reason I took one star off is because they only give you one set of alignment stickers and there are two protectors. So if you ever need to put the second one on you don't have the guide stickers to help you put. Other than that this is a great bubble-free matte film protector especially if you're using the Apple Pencil.
VINE VOICEon March 20, 2017
Great instructions, including a link to a You Tube video, illustrating easy to follow steps for perfect installation. I unfortunately have a few dust particles trapped under the protector, and will just leave them, though there are instructions for removing the protector and replacing after removing the dust. The protector does a great job of decreasing glare and makes my iPad much easier on my eyes when reading. The iCarez makes the iPad screen similar to my Kindle Paperwhite when reading. The matte finish of the screen takes a little getting used to. It is a bit sand papery, but doesn't seem to reduce functionality. It's just not the slippery touch I'm used to.
on September 1, 2015
I have done similar applications twice before. So I have ordered it at the same time as iPad and I did not touch iPad prior to installing the screen. This helped to avoid cleaning screen.
You do not need to follow instructions to the letter. Advantage of this one -
- sides are identified with labels 1 and 2. It is clear that protective layer 1 should be on the side iPad screen and side 2 should be up to be removed after installation (it was not obvious on other protective screen that I have installed before);
- additional sticker holding protective screen against the side of iPad opposite to the side to be lifted helps. I would make it longer and extend along the entire length of iPad.
- idea to remove protective layer along lengthy side of the screen is counter intuitive but it has worked better than removing protective layer along short side. Somehow it reduces the number of air bubbles.
Attaching screen is easy - fix it along long side to iPad (considering holes' future alignment), then lift it and remove ENTIRE protective layer, then press the screen to iPad screen starting from attached edge. Squeeze remaining air bubbles with the credit card. Do not bother yourself about a few small remaining bubbles. With working iPad they become invisible.
The most important thing is that glare will be gone after you will remove external protective layer.
Do not be afraid to remove the screen and re-attach it if you will miss alignment of the holes. Idea with rubber bends in instruction sucks.
Good luck.
on May 22, 2017
watched the video three times and still put the first one on upside down. happy to have a second chance to get it right. other reviewers are correct that there is a hit to resolution with this product, but perhaps it is the nature of the beast, and because the anti-glare goal seems to be easily met, i can accept the loss of resolution for now.

update: after several weeks of use, we are still very happy with the anti-glare properties of the film. we have noticed, however, that on several applications, touch sensitivity seems to have decreased significantly, and we're having to figure-out how to more discreetly activate a function with our finger tips.
on August 4, 2016
I bought this after numerous recommendations from artists who use iPad Pro for sketching. The iPad's screen is great on its own, but can be a little too slick for drawing controlled lines. My initial reaction after sticking this protector on was negative; the color quality goes down a bit and you lose the sharpness and brightness of the iPad Pro's screen. If you peer closely you can see that "rainbow" of color from the screen protector refracting all that light. Can't be helped if you want a matte screen.... But after 30 minutes of use, the changes didn't bother me at all and the tactile effect for drawing is well worth the trade off. It feels like drawing on a Cintiq.

The installation kit was useful (2 adhesive labels, a cleaning cloth, and 2 rubber bands) and if you follow instructions, it's fairly easy to adhere the cover with no air bubbles.
on December 29, 2015
Let's be honest, how many times do you order multi-pack as because you know the first try will fail? I love this screen protector - so much so that when I lost my iPad (well, I know where it was and when I pinged it, it magically shut off), I didn't hesitate getting the same protector again. I actually had one left from the original package but some folks got to it and messed it up. I really like the slightly rough texture and matte finish. Follow the directions (even the rubber bands) and you will not be disappointed.