Your Garage Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

96%

Showing 1-10 of 22 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 24 reviews
on February 1, 2016
Great sound and matched up with my mythos one front and center speakers.
on April 30, 2016
Wow they sound excellent. Now I need a subwoofer to go with them
on February 28, 2015
I bought these to go along with a set of Definitive Technology 8060s (Front and Center). Definitive Technology said they are a great pairing with the 8060s and they weren't wrong. I bought them with the Mythos Gem stands so I would be free to experiment and tweak placement easily. I've never been a fan of wall mounting my surrounds due to the lack of positioning flexibility. That said,having a great sounding set of surrounds with a good looking pair of stands is a lucky find. The stands are very high quality and custom fit the Gems.

Do not be fooled by the smaller size of these surrounds, they still sport punchy and articulate gunfire, voices, music, and shimmering highs. Definitive even says you could use these for front speakers on a lower end system with a paired sub due to their frequency response and I can see why.

I'm driving mine with a Denon AVR-X4100W and tuned in the sound with Audyssey. These surrounds blend in beautifully with the fronts and center. The whole system feels accurate and balanced. I can definitely recommend these for use with the 8060s 100%.

The angled drivers do a great job of creating a wide stage without too much specificity in their direction. Couldn't be happier. I'll be rocking these for quite some time.
on March 30, 2009
I don't know much of english. All I can say is this is the great speakers that I ever have.The size is small, but the sound is incredible.Thank to definitive technology speakers.
on February 13, 2013
I bought Mythos Gem XL's for my side surrounds in my HT system approx. 18 months ago. They are run by an Emotiva XPA-2 power amp. They are crisp and clean, and sound like freshness ALWAYS. I just got these to expand from 5.1 to 7.1. I got a Parasound A21 with a reference modification upgrade, and a Shunyata Python Zitron running thse two. Yes, it could be considered overkill, but nonetheless these speakers are precisely as it may seem - the brother or sister to the Gem XL. Fresh and clean, extrordinarily accurate. For a home theater system, I see no reason to buy any other mfr. product. A special 2-channel audio system is an entirely different matter. For HT surrounds, or the entire HT speaker system, I highy recommend these gorgeous black laquer DT products, they are fresh and fantastic.
on July 17, 2015
They are high quality Def Tech Surrounds. Very crisp and clear. You get what you pay for. I bought these and attached them to the Def Tech Mythos gem stands for my rear surrounds.

I recommend these for anyone who is in the market for high quality compact surround sounds.
on January 10, 2010
I don't buy audio components very often, but when I do I usually keep them for a long time. I've made a few purchases in the past (i.e- Bose home theater) that I wish I hadn't made.

I'm setting up a new home theater system, and I wanted to make the best decision on components that I'd be happy with for a while. I have a new Pioneer KRP-500M monitor and Pioneer Elite Reciever and BD player, needed to match these up with an equally high-quality speaker system. I first saw Def-Tech at B-Buy, but they didn't carry all the components I was looking for.

I purchased a pair of Mythos Gems with stands, a Mythos Seven center speaker, and a SuperCube III subwoofer, all from Amazon. I'll add another set of Gems later on for the rear, but these aren't needed right now as the room these are in is fairly small. Amazon shipped everything to me within a couple of days.

Best decision I ever made! The sound is incredible. Surround-sound quality is fantastic, especially with a Blu-ray disk or HD cable channel - feels like theater experience. Low-level response is important, since I don't usually have the volume cranked up - these are perfect. I can shake the room if I let it loose! The Supercube III is all the subwoofer I need, would work great even in a very large space.

The design and construction quality is excellent. The weight is substantial, and the finish is flawless.

If you can afford it, I highly recommend the high-end Definitive Technology products. I think I made the right decision choosing these components over the Pro Cinema 600 or 800 sets. These are pricey, but in this case you definitely get what you pay for. It only stings once, but when its the right decision, you're happy for a long time!
on August 30, 2013
Definitive Technology never fails, they make great products and these are no different. Hard to believe these sound as good as they do. A little pricey at 558, but I bought a used pair here for $400 and they are great. Solid aluminum cabinets...surprising base for such a tiny speaker...great mids and highs.
on November 13, 2011
Definitive is well known for their quality speakers at affordable prices and these small speakers are no exception. I wanted a set of surround speakers to go with my other Definitive Pro Monitor 100's, and because each speaker fires in two different directions at the same time, they really do a great job at filling the whole room with great sound. Now when I watch a movie I constantly hear things I never heard before. It's the little sounds that get covered up with heavy explosions that are typical with a lot speakers but not these.

Definitive says you can use these speakers for fronts or centers, but my ratting is for the surround postions only. I don't think I would recomend them for fronts. There two side firing of sound can create problems if you want the sound to just come straight at you, which is what front speakers are made for. Their wofers are only 3.5 inches and I think that is a little small for fronts but not for rears or surrounds.

They are rated at 10-200 watts at 89db, so they are extremely effecient and loud. I was a little worried that these small speakers would be to small but I was wrong for my 13X20' room they are perfect. The speakers came in the mail in only 5 days with no scratches or defects. One final word about new speakers, they have to be broken in first so play some soft music at low volume for about 4 hours before you start watching movies.
on October 17, 2016
These are great sounding and good looking. Mounted as wall hung surrounds. Had to buy the Definitive ball and socket bracket as I wanted them hung vertically at a specific pitch.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.