- 12 Month Financing: Purchases over $599 are eligible for 12 month no-interest financing with the Amazon.com Store Card. Learn more.
Want professional installation of this product?
- Handpicked pros
- Compare estimates and reviews
- Buy directly on Amazon
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
Definitive Technology Mythos XTR-50 On-Wall or Shelf-Mounting Ultra-Thin Loudspeaker (Black)
- The perfect speaker for ultra-thin TVs--only 1.5 inches deep
- Exclusive XTDD technology drivers ensure big-speaker, high-dynamic-range performance
- Wall-mount brackets and smoked glass table stand included
- Reinforced extruded aluminum enclosure is compact, attractive and resonance-free for spectacular sound quality
- May be used as Left/Right, Center or Surround speaker
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
The Definitive Technology Mythos XTR-50 is an award-winning compact package of innovative brilliance that has it all: drop-dead gorgeous styling, ultimate placement versatility, and big speaker sound quality.
The Future Has Arrived
The Definitive Mythos XTR-50 is the first high performance on-wall speaker whose depth matches that of today's ultra-thin TVs. It is a mere 1.5 inches deep when mounted on a wall--shallower than many ultra-thin TVs when they are wall-mounted with conventional mounting hardware. Beyond its utility and clean modern styling, the XTR-50 stands out due to its uncompromising sound quality equivalent to full-size speakers. No other speaker complements your ultra-slim television with more style, versatility and sheer performance.
The Problem: The Thinner the TV, the Worse the Sound
Ultra-shallow TVs are the hottest category in TVs today, thanks to space-saving qualities and elegant design. But it comes at the high cost of significantly poorer sound quality. With speakers that are small and poorly placed (usually on the bottom or on the back of the set), the result is that these ultra-slim TVs offer sound that is good enough for news broadcasts, but far from what is acceptable for sports, movies, and games.
The Solution: Revolutionary XTDD Technology Drivers
In order to equal the total high impact sight and sound experience that high definition digital sources are capable of delivering, a great TV deserves a great audio system. And the only component loudspeakers that can deliver clarity, dynamic impact and life-like realism while matching the slim styling of new generation TVs are the Mythos XTR series.
The secret to the XTR-50's extraordinary performance is Definitive's patent-pending XTDD technology in the anodized Aluminum dome driver. Using state-of-the-art computer modeling and decades of speaker design experience, Definitive engineers eliminated every iota of wasted space, optimized every part, and maximized the moving surface area of a dynamic driver to shrink it down to an impossibly compact dimension without giving up ultra-high performance. The XTDD driver has the kind of dynamic punch, wide frequency range, and broad dispersion that conventional panel-type speakers simply cannot match.
To extend and deepen the bass response of such an impossibly thin speaker the XTDD drivers are pressure coupled to four anodized Aluminum dome bass radiators. The center-mounted tweeter is the same hyper-definition Pure Aluminum Dome Tweeter found in Definitive's award-winning state-of-the-art Mythos ST SuperTower. The total effect is the kind of clarity, dynamic range and extended response that one would expect from a premium-priced normally-sized speaker. Your friends and family with be agog with amazement when they hear the huge rich sound that comes out of the wafer-thin XTRs.
Aircraft-Grade Aluminum Enclosure Saves Space and Improves Performance
Another secret to the XTR-50's astounding thin profile and superior performance is its aluminum cabinet. Specially shaping the enclosure and incorporating stiffing ribs and channels makes the space-efficient aluminum extrusion ultra-rigid and resonance-free. The magnets of the XTDD drivers protrude through the rear wall of the enclosure to further minimize depth.
Ultimate Placement Versatility
The XTR-50 comes supplied with everything you need to place it wherever you want to use it. The XTR-50 can be mounted directly to the wall using the key-hole slots on the back of the enclosure and well-anchored screws. The speaker can be wall mounted using the supplied mounting bracket that allows either vertical or horizontal orientation with a total installed on-wall depth of only 40mm. Two adjustable support feet are supplied in cases where you place the XTR-50 on a shelf as a center channel speaker (horizontal orientation). For vertical shelf or table top placement the XTR-50 comes with a beautiful tempered smoked glass base. Whether you're mounting it on wall or on shelf, the Mythos XTR-50 is ready to look terrific and sound astounding.
- Dimensions (mounted, no bracket): 27" H x 6" W x 1-1/2" D (68.6cm x 15.2cm x 38mm)
- Dimensions (mounted, with bracket): 27" H x 6" W x 1-9/16" D (68.6cm x 15.2cm x 40mm)
- Dimensions (on table stand): 30" H (76.2cm)
- Table-stand base dimensions: 8-11/16" W x 4-3/4" D (222mm x 136mm)
- Driver complement: 2 each 3-1/2" (90mm) XTDD anodized Aluminum dome mid/bass drivers pressure-coupled to 4 each 3-1/2" (90mm) dome low-bass radiators, 1 each 1" (25mm) Pure Aluminum Dome Tweeter
- Frequency response (overall on wall): 92Hz – 30kHz
- Sensitivity: 92dB
- Impedance: 8 Ohms nominal
- Recommended amplifier power: 20 - 100 Watts per channel
- Enclosure: Extruded Aluminum
- Product weight (without table stand): 5.1 lbs. (2.3kg)
- Supplied accessories: Smoked glass base table stand, wall mount bracket, adjustable support foot for horizontal shelf placement, magnetic logos
- Available finishes: High gloss black
Top Customer Reviews
These speakers handle everything you can throw at it. Just be advised that their size makes a quality subwoofer a must. I have an older Definitive Supercube that works great with this set up. However for sonic integrity and an overall totally enjoyable experience, you cannot go wrong with these speakers. I've even had non-movie buffs tell me that these two little speakers make going to the theaters unnecessary.. score!Read more ›
One thing for sure is that the right and left front speakers and the two surrounds MUST be mounted to the wall for optimal sound reproduction. I definitely recommend the Definitive Technology 5.1 system.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The images online don't do these speakers justice. It starts with the packaging...all of the speakers are tightly packed for extra protection when shipping. Read morePublished on December 10, 2012 by A. Chadha
I really like these speakers. They have very nice sound. I know sound is the most important thing, but they also look good and slim structure makes it perfect for smaller rooms. Read morePublished on November 20, 2012 by C. Dikmen