Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Definitive Technology Mythos XTR-50 On-Wall or Shelf-Mounting Ultra-Thin Loudspeaker (Black)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lindsey Stirling Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on October 2, 2014
def tech is the best for the money, not that these are inexpensive. if I had space for towers, I would prefer them however as i like a more direct bass coming toward the listening area as opposed to the subwoofer. Great sound nonteheless.
on August 8, 2013
I can't properly begin to say how fantastic these speakers are. In addition to sounding better than any speaker I've ever heard, they look fantastic as well. I love that they're wall mountable without having to purchase any additional equipment. Put them up on the wall and they look gorgeous. If you've got a large or even a small room that you want to fill with amazing sound, look no further. Don't let their diminutive size fool you. In a large room (17'x22' 22' foot ceiling) these speakers looked a bit small when I placed them on my wall 6.5ft off the ground. But when I fired up my Yamaha Aventage A820 receiver and played U2's Joshua Tree Album on FLAC streaming from my NAS, I was astounded at how perfect the sound was. Then I played Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back and the opening fanfare sounded amazing.. chills literally went through my body as the fanfare turned to the opening scene on Hoth which lead to the Vader March. After being happy with the movie playback, I went back to my NAS and played some Beethoven Symphony No. 9. It sounded as perfect as it does when played live. Finally, to test it's abilities playing hip hop, I put on some Notorious B.I.G and Some Kanye West..both tracks sounded amazing.. Finally to end it off, I played The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring and was totally immersed by the sound.

These speakers handle everything you can throw at it. Just be advised that their size makes a quality subwoofer a must. I have an older Definitive Supercube that works great with this set up. However for sonic integrity and an overall totally enjoyable experience, you cannot go wrong with these speakers. I've even had non-movie buffs tell me that these two little speakers make going to the theaters unnecessary.. score!

Bottom line, buy these speakers.. you will be so happy you did.

I just bought some XTR-20BP speakers for the surround, I will provide an update when I finish mounting and testing them. Oh for those wondering, I have this awesome Boston Acoustics center channel that I've been happy with for years so I didn't get a third XTR-50 for the center channel. Once the budget allows however, I most likely will.
on April 12, 2013
I like my XTR-50 because they utra thin and they sound and look great in the sides my my TV. A+++++
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2013
Amazon ran a special where you get two XTR-20BP surround speakers when you buy the three XTR-50 (Front L-R-C) and SC4000 Sub. I have been through a hundred speakers over the last 40 years or so and this Definitive system is right up there with the best speakers, even systems costing several hundred dollars more. I use an Onkyo TX-NR709 to drive the 6 speakers and at any volume this system stays balanced and clean from 20 to 20K Hz.
One thing for sure is that the right and left front speakers and the two surrounds MUST be mounted to the wall for optimal sound reproduction. I definitely recommend the Definitive Technology 5.1 system.
on December 10, 2012
The images online don't do these speakers justice. It starts with the packaging...all of the speakers are tightly packed for extra protection when shipping. The speakers themselves are covered in a soft cloth within a plastic bag inside the hardened styrofoam, while all of the components (wire connector, stands, wall bracket) are stored in their own areas. Despite its light weight, the speakers feel 'substantial', and look wonderful with or without the grill. Once mounted on the wall (with in-wall concealed wiring, if you can get it), they are simply stunning to look at, and leave very clean lines.

In terms of sound quality, they are fantastic. As LCR, low-mid-high range sounds came alive for me as never before, and old movies felt new once again. I matched the speakers with the Supercube 4000 to make up for the lack of bass, and I was amazed at the experience. Overall I highly reccomend checking these speakers out if you have a Magnolia or Best Buy near buy, and picking them up with the matching surrounds (XTR-20) and sub
on November 20, 2012
I really like these speakers. They have very nice sound. I know sound is the most important thing, but they also look good and slim structure makes it perfect for smaller rooms. Otherwise, why not buy a standing speaker. You can buy a much better standing speaker at this price range, but these are perfect if you have space limitations. Overall excellent quality and sound. They are very expensive so I cannot say that it is good value, but they are very good quality speakers. But you should know that you will need a sub-woofer with these. The bass is not where you need it to be. I paired these with a MartinLogan Dynamo 700 10-inch Wireless Subwoofer, and the sound is amazing. If you are not ready to pair these with a good subwoofer, then I suggest you look somewhere else.
on June 15, 2011
I was wanting a speaker that would sound as good with music as well as movie soundtracks. Unbelievable sound with music as well as movie soundtracks. Look great also. Will not disappoint.