Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: CAP Barbell Pair of Push Up Bars
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

Color: Chrome|Change
Price:$5.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on October 4, 2011
This is a nice piece of equipment you can use at home to mainly exercise the chest, front shoulder, and back of the arms. So why not just do regular push-ups and save your hard-earned money? Well, this piece of equipment is vastly superior to regular floor push-ups, simply because it allows your trunk to lower down to the floor more- which increases the range of motion and makes the exercise harder. Therefore, the above muscles are exercised more thoroughly thru a greater range and it makes the push-up a much more productive exercise.

The other big advantage, is that they are padded, which makes doing push-ups a whole lot easier on your hands and wrists than without these handles. And the more comfortable your hands are, the more push-ups you (might) be able to do- hard to concentrate on the exercise when hand and wrist discomfort are distracting you...

Know too that once you can do 20 reps in a row with the push-up handles, you will not get these muscles any stronger using this piece of equipment. That's because anything over 20 reps of an exercise will build primarily muscular endurance, and not strength. Thus, you can strengthen the above named muscles only so much- since this exercise equipment is unable to provide progressive resistance (unlike a weight machine or dumbbell where you can keep adding a little more weight now and then which challenges the muscle and makes it grow bigger and stronger). Of course you can stack something on your back or have a small child sit on your or something...

All-in-all, these push-up handles are good to use for moderate strengthening and to maintain a certain level of fitness. Give them a try if you like doing push-ups. They fit neatly away under your bed, and you can even take them with you on trips if you wanted to. And if shoulder problems keep you from doing push-ups, you might want to check out Treat Your Own Rotator Cuff.
77 comments| 179 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 16, 2010
Having read reviews for multiple pushup bar products on Amazon, I decided to buy these (even though there were no reviews yet). From what I learned, you get what you pay for. If you choose to spend $10-$15 or less, those products all seem to be poorly constructed. I didn't want to spend $30-$40 (or more) as they really are just pushup bars, I mean how much different can they be, right? So I chose these as a middle of the road price point alternative and I'm very happy! They have quality construction (they are chrome plated metal - cheaper models are plastic), and were incredibly easy to assemble. You simply put the legs into the arched crossbar, insert and tighten the wing nuts, and you're done. They have hard rubber footpads which do a good job of gripping and avoiding slippage on the floor (another problem with cheaper models according to reviewers), and the foam hand pad is spongy and soft...good quality (cheaper model reviewers complain of thin pads or pads that easily tear). Again, you could pay more (why?), you could pay less (and be disappointed), or you can buy this product and be happy.
22 comments| 130 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 10, 2012
I also own the Perfect Pushup, which is more durable and rotates with your hand position. This purchase was intended more for versatility during travel. I travel a lot for work and need something lightweight, that can break down to fit inside luggage. These bars are easy to assemble and disassemble, and weigh very little. The only downside is the cheap foam around the handle. After a few hundred pushups you will have bruised hands. It's probably best to use weight lifting gloves when working out with these.
on March 2, 2012
I purchased this product to help my hands hurt less from pushups on the linoleum. The padded handles make this much nicer. The quality, however, is not up to par. The part is self assembly, with plastic wing nuts, and one assembled just fine, while the second one wobbles and does not plant itself firmly on the ground. I had to put paper in where one part slides over the other to fill the gap and make the product more stable. I hope this helps you.
on April 13, 2015
Excellent product. Great for doing a variety of push-ups
review image
on November 27, 2010
I agree completely with the other review I read about this product. They're solidly built of steel, simple to assemble in seconds with four twisting bolts, and plenty sturdy for pushups. I weigh 165 pounds, and I've been using them at three different widths apart: close together, an average pushup distance apart, and a wide separation for a stretched pushup, and they don't move a bit. They're better quality than the cheap plastic ones that have received poor reviews, and I can't imagine getting any better a workout with a $50 pair with a hyped brand name on them.
on December 16, 2011
Product came looking seemingly easy to put together. Just 4 screws you can hand tighten yourself. Problem came when I noticed one of the holes you thread the screw through had been welded upside down... So. Not able to put together properly
on September 21, 2012
Read the other 1-star reviews about the item being defective (handle screw holes were soldered on upside down) but since there were so few of them, I decided to order the product anyway. As it turns out, I received one of the defective items and had to return it. Definitely agree that there is some poor quality control around this product.
on June 7, 2016
These bars require assembly. When I was screwing the pieces together the screw broke and sliced my finger causing me to bleed...needless to say I'm not happy with the quality and would have given it one star if it was an option
review image
on May 18, 2015
If you're looking for inexpensive and portable push up bars, then this is your product. If you're looking for quality and trust (more in a second) then look elsewhere.

These are said to hold a fair amount of weight without breaking, and there's no evidence to suggest otherwise. My issue is that I can't get past how much they feel like plastic. I'm 5'9" 200lbs and I can't get past the fear that at any second they are going to snap and I'm going to die. I have been using dumbells instead of these since they arrived.

I'm not saying that they're bad or will break. I am saying I can't get it out of my head that they feel like they're going to. I'm pretty sure a slice of pizza weighs more than each of these.

I understand with increased weight comes price, but if I were to want anything done to these in a future version, it would be to use a heavier material to construct them.
review image review image