|Item Weight||1.05 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||25.9 x 6.75 x 2.25 inches|
|Item model number||DVBRUSH12K/6|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Included Components||Deflecto Dryer Duct Cleaning Kit, Lint Remover, Extends Up To 12 Feet, Synthetic Brush Head, Use With or Without a Power Drill|
|Warranty Description||AS LISTED|
Deflecto Dryer Duct Cleaning Kit, Lint Remover, Extends Up To 12 Feet, Synthetic Brush Head, Use With or Without a Power Drill
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Includes a high quality synthetic brush head and 6 durable rods that extend up to 12 feet
- This efficient dryer vent brush can be used with or without a power drill and will help you achieve professional results
- Removing lint buildup from your dryer duct helps reduce drying time and improve dryer performance, while extending the life of your dryer
- Easy to use with simple instructions, this dryer vent cleaning kit delivers superior results and will help you prevent costly repairs
- Lint buildup can be dangerous and can potentially cause a fire, remove lint from your dryer periodically to prevent dryer fires
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
More items to explore
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
- Easy to use with simple instructions
- Durable and effective
- Reduces risk of dryer fires
- Helps extend the life of your dryer
- Can be used with or without a drill
A Must-Have Tool for Homeowners
Achieve Professional Results
As a homeowner, there are many house-related maintenance costs on your mind and most of them are on the expensive side. If you want to keep your budget in check while ensuring your dryer is in good working condition, Deflecto's Dryer Vent Cleaning Kit is the best solution. It can help reduce drying time, improve dryer performance and reduce the risk of fire caused by lint that builds up over time in the closed dryer transition duct and vent hood.
Don't wait until it's too late!
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) estimates that 15,500 fires associated with clothes dryers occur in the US annually.
Dryer Safety Tips
Clean The Lint Filter Before Or After Every Load
A dirty lint trap reduces air flow and leads to blockages in the dryer duct. It is like cholesterol in your dryer.
Never Leave Your Dryer Unattended
You should never leave the house or go to bed with the dryer on. In the event something does happen, you will not be able to react.
Keep Your Dryer Area Clear Of Clutter
Do not store clothes or other flammable items on or around the dryer that may aid the spread of a fire if one does occur.
Over A Half Century Of Innovation And Progress
Deflecto’s rich heritage was founded on innovative and problem solving products. It was in 1960, in the basement of C.P. Meyer’s home, that he invented the first air deflector.
Fifty years and hundreds of new products later, Deflecto is one of the world’s largest chair mat, bicycle reflector and dryer venting manufacturer and a global leader in sign and literature holders, office work space accessories and other air distribution products.
Compare with similar items
Are you worried about dangerous lint buildup in your dryer vent? Does it seem that the dryer is taking longer to dry your clothes? Deflecto’s durable and effective Dryer Duct Cleaning Kit will help you reduce drying time and improve dryer performance. By regularly removing lint buildup from your dryer duct you can reduce the risk of dryer fires and extend the life of your dryer. The kit includes a high quality synthetic brush head and 6 durable rods that extend up to 12 feet and can be used with or without a power drill. Easy to use with simple instructions, this dryer vent cleaning kit delivers superior results and will help you prevent costly repairs.
From the Manufacturer
Are you worried about dangerous lint buildup in your dryer vent or does it seem that the dryer is taking longer to dry your clothes? The durable and effective dryer duct cleaning kit from Deflecto is your solution. Not only does it clean out the vent but it helps extend the life of your dryer. The Deflecto dryer vent cleaning kit includes a high quality sythetic brush head and 6 durable rods that extend up to 12 feet.
This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
We’re clean people. We clean the lint trap on the dryer religiously. There can’t be that much crap in the vent, right?
• FREAKING WRONG •
It all started simply enough. I read some reviews, got the cleaning kit, read the directions, and went to town. Started by cleaning inside first, sending the brush down the duct to the outside of our house. Even got the blower and put him to work [thanks to a tip from another reviewer]. Meh, some junk came out, but I wasn’t expecting a ton, so I moved outside.
Ew. All the junk came out. Ok, this thing works. Ran it through the duct a couple more times... oh hey, grab the blower and jam the nozzle up the duct too, for good measure. Cool, I’m done. Let me go back inside and reconnect everything. ☠️
You know when you burn something in the oven and that faint amount of smoke creates a haze in your kitchen? Ha. That’s what I was greeted with when I came back inside. Except I didn’t have anything in the oven... and I’m perfect, so I never burn anything.
Walked in to the laundry room and the haze is now a thick fog. I live in the south, so humidity isn’t anything new, but this was late evening, and we hadn’t had rain in about 6 hours (which must set some record, as we’ve recently negotiated a break in the rain hostage we’ve been in for the past 2 weeks). What in the fresh h€ll is going on?
I move to the back of the dryer and there are mounds of lint just waiting to exact their revenge. The coughing starts. My contacts are all of a sudden plastered to my eyeballs, and I’m considering my options on emergency help since my husband is out of town and the dog doesn’t know CPR.
Do you see the broom in my pictures? He’s dead, laying on the floor. He straight up said, “eff this, I’m out”. The attachment for my sweeper vac is holding on for dear life. There’s dust EVERYWHERE. I saw a mouse packing his belongings and move his mouse family out of the peephole in the baseboard.
I’m still coughing as I write this. And I have a couple lessons to share:
1) if you think you’re clean, maybe you are, but this Deflecto kit will check your ego real fast.
2) maybe place a bucket or something over your inside duct if you’re going to use a blower for additional assistance on the outside vent. Perhaps this may have prevented dust and dirt from flying everywhere.
3) ... or maybe don’t use a blower? This kit does a pretty good job on it’s own. Or use a blower. Whatever. Get asthma while trying to do chores. Have a nice life.
This product works. Five stars. Well made. Good value for the price. Easy to use. And all that jazz.
Our dryer vents out to the side of the house, in a nearly-straight line that is no more than six feet long; it didn't look clogged from the outside, and seemed to be blowing plenty of air there, so I was skeptical about how much lint might be trapped inside. I was ultimately disgusted to see all the gunk this tool pushed through (my husband was gloating "I told you so.").
You get plenty of extensions for longer duct runs, and they are really flexible. Make sure to tape connecting sections at the junction, and turn the whole thing clockwise only---you don't want the pieces to come apart inside your ductwork. Since we had such a short run, we just manipulated it by hand; I can see how using a drill would be a benefit on long ducts though.
Whether you're paranoid about burning the house down, or you just have a dryer that isn't working so great anymore---you need to get the lint out of the duct! A bonus of sorts: disconnecting and moving the dryer gives you a chance to look for all the missing socks!
I found both the 2 and 3 foot rods flexible, yet stiff enough to clean the entire 21 feet of my dryer vent. The instructions on the package were very helpful in the use of their product which included placing duct tape around the junctions of each rod to prevent accidental unscrewing of the rods while using a variable speed drill.
Suggestion: Secure the brush head to one of the cleaning rods by placing two strips of about 8 inch folded-over duct tape in the shape of an 'X' over the head of the brush and between the groves of the brush; then secure those 2 strips with another strip of duct tape around the rod.
Top reviews from other countries
We hadn't cleaned the vent in the 10 years we've had the place, and now I truly believe it was a fire waiting to happen considering the blockage that was in the duct. Also, the efficiency of the dryer is way better.
So my takeaways from this product:
1) For a general cleaning of the duct without any blockages, hand turning is sufficient. Go back and forth as the instructions indicate.
2) The rods seem sufficiently strong and flexible. I purchased two sets as my duct runs further than the 12' that one kit comes with. I have a couple of 90 degree turns in the ducting and the rods were able to bend through them well, including going roughly 16' at one point.
3) When using the drill, make sure you can modulate the speed and just go slow and take your time. Always rotate clockwise so as to not to loosen the brush or rods.
4) I've taken one star off of 'value for money' as I think the kit should come with more than 12' of rods. I had to buy another set for what I needed. Not sure if 12' is their recommended maximum length, but I used 8 rods which equates to 16' and went through two 90 degree bends and it worked well. So 5 stars otherwise!
As others have said: Go. Slow. It went around corners and past bad build-up, but it all took time. If you try to rush it while attached to a drill you will just tie it into knots - I did this a few times.
I did not attempt to use this without a power drill for long, because it is really quite difficult.
- Works well and seemed to clear out 99.9% of my dryer vent build-up.
- Actually goes around corners shockingly well.
- Makes quick work of a pipe from the inside, so I don't have to get a 30' ladder (roof runs for vents was such a terrible idea).
- Can get tied into knots if you go too fast.
- No option to add more length, so I had to buy two sets.
Just ahead up make sure you tape each section with electrical tape if you use a cordless drip make pushing on the forward position (this is the tricky part just pull out slowly still in forward position do not use the reverse or else the sections will be unscrewed ).
Finally used it to finish the cleaning of the outside portion, the next task is to move the dryer and check back section of the dryer.