- File Size: 4577 KB
- Print Length: 208 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Aberrant Minds Publishing (July 30, 2014)
- Publication Date: July 30, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00M98TQPG
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #766,711 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Degenerated (The Tunnel Trilogy Book 2) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
This is a very dark series, much darker than I normally prefer to read. It continues some years after the end of Irradiated, and from the beginning, things are much worse than they were. There's not a lot of hope in this story. You get glimpses here and there, but overall, most of the characters are so tired and drained that they don't even seem to have the energy left to hope. But that's what I ended up really loving about this book. It's a very realistic take on what a post-apocalyptic society would look like, and how they would manage to survive on the remains of the world, and it dives into the psychology of what that context would do to people.
It was different and new and for that, I would really recommend it to anyone who likes post-apocalyptic fiction. Don't read it for warm, fuzzy feelings. Read it for Brandis's brilliant descriptions and writing throughout.
In the first book, Irradiated, older sister Jade is forced to rescue her irradiated sister, Pearl, from the evil Queen in the Tunnels below the earth, sacrificing everything to do so. In this book, Pearl is five years older and definitely a bit jaded by her experiences with the new colony of irradiated people who have gathered around her and her kind. There is a war looming -- one that Pearl wants no part of, but war finds her anyway.
We also get a parallel story of Flynn in the Tunnels. Flynn is irradiated as well and his abilities give him an opportunity to help or hurt those closest to him.
Once again, Brandis seems to take glee in punishing his characters, pushing the boundaries of what most authors would do to further their characters' suffering. By the end, however, the pain, both physical and emotional ties our characters together and leads the narrative towards a (hopefully) epic third act. Well done.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Horror
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Post-Apocalyptic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Horror
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Metaphysical & Visionary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Post-Apocalyptic