Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 180s Fleece Behind-the-Head Earmuffs Black
Amazon Vehicles Celebrity Picks 2016 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 CM - Mens Grooming Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Sting Shop Outdoor Deals on Amazon

Color: Black|Change

Showing 1-10 of 978 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on November 1, 2013
This is the fifth pari of 180's I've purchased. I gave some away, and keep a pair in each vehicle. They wrap to a small size for storage, and are great to stuff in some nook in a car.

Ths most recent pair is, as politely as possible: crap. Theya are thinner and less well insulated and feel flimsier, while in an interesting contradiction, are also harder to unwind and get to hold their fit while being worn.

I am very disappointed in the changes - assuming, of course, that I received a 180's product.

Where all of the other pairs I purchased have "180's" embroidered on the band, these have an embossed "degrees" tag. Maybe that's a styling change? I don't know, but if these are real 180's, they're also the last pair I'll buy.
22 comments| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 10, 2012
I got these back a few months ago and am just getting around to doing a review. I use them primarily on my weekend security job, since I'm retired. I have to make walk to plant entrance 2 times a night which is probably 60 yards or so from our post. I also make a complete perimiter tour 1 time every 6 weeks. On this tour during the winter it gets pretty cold and your (mine)ears feel like they are freezing. I've found that the ear warmers I got here are great for what I'm doing. They are very compact and fit just right and keep my ears warm. I'd give them a thumbs up to anyone who is considering purchasing.
on December 19, 2012
I've had dozens of cheaply made ones not worth the $3-5 I paid ...these, however, are worth their weight in gold ...solid metal expansion mechanism works and is highly durable ...my 1st pair is packed away somewhere here and is 2 seasons old and still working if I can only locate it... I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT!
Oct 2015: just ordered another - essential winter wear for me. Top tier product.
on November 23, 2016
I purchased the same order last year 2015 and this new 2016 version is not what I expected. The ear warmer is thinner and smaller incomparison to the old one.

I would rate the 2015 version a 5 star. The ear warmer kept my ears nice and warm at 20 degrees, Michigan weather. I have not doubt it would keep it warm below 0. I'm an avid cyclist/runner and I would have to take it off sometimes to cool my ears down.

I will change the rating when they fix this issue latest issue.

See images for comparison.
review image review image review image review image review image
on February 1, 2013
Great product. Comfortable, warm, and I can fit my winter hat over them. They are black so they go with everything without standing out too much. Definitely recommended.
on November 27, 2012
This are very warm and very handy since they are collapsible. The only problem is that hey hurt my head while i'm wearing glasses.
on November 7, 2014
To my fellow Veterans. This is am awesome product. I am able to wear this with my VFW or American Legion caps. The cap still fits fine and my ears stay warm during our winter outdoor ceremonies. I ordered the dark blue and it blends in well with my Legion cap. My order was prompt and efficiently handled. It arrived in a timely manner with no problems on my end. It works great. It is a good value for the reasonable price I paid. I would highly recommend this product.
on November 28, 2012
These are nice, compact, ear warmers that really work, are adjustable, and store easily. I expected them to be bulkier and the compact size was a nice surprise. They roll up and will fit inside a large pocket (such as cargo pocket on a parka or jacket).

They are adjustable with a mechanism hidden inside; you just pull on the two halves and they lengthen (or push to contract). They adjust enough to suit a fairly large range of head sizes, perhaps bounded only on the very large size. The pressure on ears seems minimal -- I wear glasses and they did not bother me at all after adjustment.

The only minor limitation is that they drift down a little bit while wearing; the behind-the-head connector succumbs to gravity. Not so much that they've come loose or moved off my ears (yet), but enough that I notice it occasionally and wonder. Overall, I'm very happy and may purchase a second pair just to have more.
on August 28, 2016
Very useful on cold nights. I drive for a private car service and we wear uniforms which are basically a suit and in the cold weather a wool overcoat to keep warm. I used to wear a winter cap but once I'm back in the car the hair looks like a just got out of bed. With these my ears stay warm and no messy look. If I need to I can wear a drivers cap with them that isn't as warm so I don't need to take it off in the heated car. I just whip these off the ears and put it into drive.
on January 9, 2016
This is as far as I'm concerned an essential for a winter wardrobe. This earmuff is designed to fit horizontally around the head from back of head to ear. It fits better than the over the head styles. It successfully blocks the wind. It is extremely lightweight and comfortable while providing snug fit. It is already folded so it can be easily carried in a coat pocket. I choose black as a color option because it goes with all my jackets. I both backpack and walk in the city and on campus this provides warmth and protection but needs little space and adds little weight. It is a win win product. I was offer a discount to honestly rate the quality and abilities of the product. I found it fits my needs and exceeds in quality of workmanship.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.