Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One ft Nina Nesbitt PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 986 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,048 reviews
on January 23, 2012
I ordered this case for my iPad 2 after reading the mixed reviews. I have to say that the case is absolutely beautiful in person and I love it! I will confirm that the sleep/wake function does not work very well however, but this is not a big deal to me as I can easily touch the switch at the top of the iPad to turn it off. The cover does smell like new plastic, but it is not as overwhelming as some reviews made it seem. It does not need airing out at all. There was also a review from someone who stated that the case did not secure the iPad at all. I also saw a review on YouTube stating the same thing. The case does fit properly and easily snaps into all four corners and I am happy about this as this was my main concern. There are three ridges to hold the iPad upright, and the first one does not hold the iPad in very well at all. It slips out without even a touch. The other two work perfectly. In portrait mode, all three ridges hold the iPad upright. All in all I would recommend this case if you just need something to keep the iPad in and keep it secure. If you need perfect execution of all the features as advertised for this case, perhaps it would be better to get the Targus 360 instead. This case is strictly for covering the iPad and for extra security while you're carrying it around. If your going to be blogging and need the ridges to properly hold the iPad upright or if you are always on the go and need to know that when you close the case the iPad will turn off, this case is not for you. I hope this review helps the next customer.
33 comments| 253 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 13, 2013
I read all the reviews and decided to take a gamble for eight bucks. I couldn't be happier. Seriously? $8?

Smell: exists, leaves completely after about two days of being out of the plastic.
Stand:mine works perfectly in all three positions in both portrait and landscape.
Security: I bought the newest (2013) version of the iPad with retina blah blah blah. It fits very securely. I wouldn't trust it in a fall, but these cases are not meant as fall protection.
Swivel: mine works perfectly, 360 degrees. The case did start to pull away from the middle a bit right at first, but I just used a pen and pushed it back under, and haven't had any issues since.
Smart case: it only works one direction. So I'm guessing the people who say it works intermittently don't have it swiveled the correct direction when they close it. There is nothing to indicate the direction, but I just listen for the sleep click and If I don't hear it, I flip it. ;$8)
Durability:had mine a month. No peeling. No discoloration. No visible wear.

All in all, I'm completely satisfied with my $8 purchase. I mean, really.
on June 6, 2017
The case is nice. Good quality, great color, love the fact that it swivels and you have access to all buttons and the camera....however, it's flimsy where it bends AND the ridges to hold it up when propped are not tall enough so that means it does not stand up very well which I use it this way A LOT. Needless to say I'm very disappointed in this fact and will have to get another case. It's not a bad case by any means but this ONE feature causes a major inconvenience.
on April 10, 2012
I think this is my first Amazon review. I am a purchaser of several cases and bags across the internet and locally. I saw some not so quite flattering reviews about this product on Amazon. Maybe it was luck of the draw, I don't know, but this product had no offensive odor. It is meant to fit the iPad2, which it fits perfectly. It is not meant to fit the original iPad, nor the new iPad or 3rd generation. The color on the page on the internet is an exact representation of the product delivered. Delivery was extremely fast, arriving one day prior to expectation. I have never heard of A1 Courier Services, however, they do indeed deliver quickly. i change iPad cases quite frequently, and this is one of my favorites. I will order more from this company.
on March 26, 2012
Flaws include the smell, the magnetic cover is not consistent in turning off the iPad, and the third position in the cover to stand the iPad up does not hold. The iPad falls flat when you try to type in this position. But I knew all this before I ordered it. I ordered it because I got the new iPad and I was giving my iPad 2 to my girlfriend. She loves pink and I ordered it basically for the Finish (pink Crocodile) and color. The iPad 2 fits well in the holder and she loved the look of the cover. Mission accomplished. We just disabled the auto on/off feature and she turns it on/off with the botton. No big deal. This case has it's problems but if you want it just for it's looks (as I did) it fit's the bill perfectly. And it's cheap compared to other covers so if you get tired of it not working properly it doesn't break the bank to get a new one or different one.
on August 10, 2012
I realized a lot of people were happy with this product, but I completely disagree!
The color and look of this case is nice, but the overall protection and mechanism isn't. First off, the 360 movement is completely irrelevant because the iPad is much too heavy for the case to hold when in vertical position. Secondly, I enjoy the idea of the iPad being held up at different angles, but I find the grooves are much too shallow.

My biggest complaint is the fact that you need to snap the iPad into the inner case in order to keep it from slipping out, most people don't know this. You have to forcefully push down the corners of your iPad to get it to snap into place. Well yes, this does indeed make the iPad safe from falling/slipping down while using, but it also scratches the corners of your iPad during installation, and when you ATTEMPT to remove it. Taking your iPad out is not only difficult, but kind of scary.

I also didn't like the fact that the entire top and bottom of the iPad is exposed even when the cover is on and closed. Instead of just leaving the ports open, the entire two sides of the iPad with ports is completely unprotected. What's the point in having a case then?

The strap on the case I received is pink, which I do like. And I also received a free screen protector, but don't expect one, it is according to the seller you choose to buy from.

I'm sticking to silicone cases, although coverless, I don't have to worry about scratched corners (which drives me crazy)
on January 31, 2013
So I expected a case that would hold my IPAD2 and the fold over like a wallet/folder style and have the black elastic part for further security. Instead this case comes as two completely seperate pieces 1 is a plastic hard holder that you pop your ipad into and the back is made of the croc material. The piece you see in the photo with the flap and the black band is a second seprate piece that consists of a flat front and the fold over flap. Problem is that they don't attach in any manner, and they don't really go to gether unless you use the black elastic band...That's it! That's all that's keeping that glass from harm a black cloth elastic band. Ummm No == that was NOT Good enough for me. I have returned this item I was totally disappointed! It isn't a secure case of any kind.

They rate 2 stars b/c the crocodile material is lovely, the shade is gorgeous adn it feels nice to the touch. It just isn't any type of practical cover for the ipad2. It is a disaster. Don't waste your money and don't be sucked in by the cute pictures and gorgeous crocodile material.
on March 22, 2013
i absoultely love the color! i was aware that it was maganetic and that it can hold your ipad up in 3 different ways but i didnt know it rotated, which is pretty cool.

the case is not heavy on my ipad which i cant stand ipad 2 already have weight and i didnt need an extra weight. it felt pretty light weight in my purse, so thats a plus since that is major to me...

the standing prop of it is ok, it holds up the ipad but constantly falls idk why...

the only thing i wanted for it is i wish it had bands on the corner of the ipad to hold it more secure, it just sits into the case and doesnt feel secure only when you close it and than put the band aroud it.

nonetheless for the price its a cute case n stylish n the apple logo show in the back is cute.

and magentic feature opens and closes for you is kool

the best feature is that it props up your ipad.

and most of all doesnt make your ipad 2 feel heavier.

good buy!
on March 7, 2014
Why do I love this so much? I can turn my iPad any which way I want when I want! I had the iPad cover that just closes the screen and I've had another, but this little ditty is by far my favorite. It protects the back of the iPad and turns the front of the iPad 360 degrees. The little ridges inside the case allows you to stand it up. You can't go wrong with this case.

The only 1 thing I would change. The black strap. I would either have it the color of the case (more work for the manufacture I know) or I'd make the cover magnetized.

BUT either way, 5 stars as that's a minor esthetic issue. I've had it for over 4 months and it has not faded, chipped or anything. It still looks new and I use my iPad daily.
on April 14, 2013
I couldn't wait to receive this iPad 2 case from Amazon.com where I love to shop. I ordered this particular case just because of its appearance even though the reviews weren't all that great. My iPad 2 fits perfectly in the case. It stands securely both in landscape and portrait mode and fits well in each slot. I have reached the conclusion that others who were not satisfied with this case must have received defective cases because mine is exactly perfect. There was a bit of plastic odor but it didn't last. The color is slightly coral rather than pinky pink which is fine with me. It swivels just as promised and has met all my expectations. I'm even planning to order another one in purple just so I can match my iPad case to my wardrobe. Yes, I'm female, 65 years young, and never leave the house without my iPad, much to my grandson's dismay! Buy it, you'll love it. If all is not as expected, send it back.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.