Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
The Dehydrator Cookbook for Outdoor Adventurers: Healthy, Delicious Recipes for Backpacking and Beyond Paperback – September 24, 2019
|New from||Used from|
Explore your book, then jump right back to where you left off with Page Flip.
View high quality images that let you zoom in to take a closer look.
Enjoy features only possible in digital – start reading right away, carry your library with you, adjust the font, create shareable notes and highlights, and more.
Discover additional details about the events, people, and places in your book, with Wikipedia integration.
Ask Alexa to read your book with Audible integration or text-to-speech.
Inspire a love of reading with Amazon Book Box for Kids
Discover delightful children's books with Amazon Book Box, a subscription that delivers new books every 1, 2, or 3 months — new Amazon Book Box Prime customers receive 15% off your first box. Sign up now
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Publisher
Sample Recipe: Carrot Pineapple Oatmeal
Prep time: 20 mins / Dehydration time: 4 to 6 hours / Rehydration time: 10 minutes / Water needed to dehydrate (per serving): 3/4 cup / Serves: 4
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, walnuts, raisins, hemp hearts, flaxseed meal, and salt. Set the bowl aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the carrots, pineapple, pineapple juice, dates, oil, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Spread the pineapple/carrot mix out evenly on the dehydrator trays fitted with a solid plastic tray insert.
- Place the trays in the dehydrator. Set the dehydrator to 130°F and turn it on. Set a timer for 4 hours.
- At the 4-hour mark, check the pineapple/carrot mix. It should be firm and should not feel moist. If necessary, continue to dry the mixture for another 1 to 2 hours.
Add the pineapple/carrot mix to the oatmeal mix. Measure the total amount, divide it into four portions, and place each portion in a boil-in bag. Label and date the bags. Store for up to 12 months.
Add 3/4 cup of boiling water to the bag. Mix it well, cover, and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Stir the oatmeal again before eating.
- 2 cups rolled oats, 1 1/2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup packed golden raisins, 3 large dates, pitted and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/3 cup finely chopped canned pineapple, 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon canola or other healthy oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
"Some hikers say they hike for the exploration, some for the freedom. I hike for the food, and Julie's recipes make me want to hit the trail for the next three months and eat my way through these meals."―Renee Patrick, Trail coordinator, Oregon Natural Desert Association
"For the toll our bodies take on the trail, they deserve to be replenished with healthy, high-energy food after a long day. Getting started dehydrating your own backcountry meals can be intimidating. Julie definitely takes the guesswork out of creating your own delicious meals for the backcountry!"―Melissa Lieser, Founder, Backpacker's Bistro
"Gone are the days of overly salted dehydrated slop on the trail. This complete, how-to manual guides you through the steps to create delicious easy to prepare meals both on the trail and off. With a focus on fresh ingredients, texture, and robust flavors Julie gives you the building blocks to prepare exactly the kind of foods you want after a long day of hiking."―Mandy Bland, Founder of Purple Rain Adventure Skirts, accomplished hiker
About the Author
JULIE MOSIER partnered with her son to launch Food for the Sole, a business that creates high-quality packaged dehydrated backpacking foods. Based in Bend, Oregon, they lead a small team of outdoor-oriented employees in crafting small-batch meals with a focus on fresh vegetables.
- Item Weight : 1 pounds
- Paperback : 182 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1641525797
- ISBN-13 : 978-1641525794
- Dimensions : 7.4 x 0.6 x 9.1 inches
- Publisher : Rockridge Press (September 24, 2019)
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #33,259 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
LOVE this cookbook! It also gives instructions for dehydration and storage, as well as general dehydrating tips that I found very useful and informative.