Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Deja Blue (The Ruby Blue Series Book 2)
Amazon Vehicles Celebrity Picks 2016 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 CM - Mens Grooming Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Sting Shop Outdoor Gift Ideas on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 60 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on July 24, 2012
In this installment of Ruby's adventures, that phrase takes on a number of meanings. Once again, Ms Cassar has nailed the teenage voice and done so in an entertaining and thoughtful way. Her characters are real people with no so real people problems. I cried, I giggled, I laughed loudly enough to earn odd looks in public and I didn't care, cause my friends from Ruby's world dragged me into their story and the rest of the world no longer mattered. I, for one, am counting the minutes until the next book when MAYBE I can find out what Ruby does about Brennan. Way to go, Ms Cassar! My kudos to, yet another, thrilling and enjoyably clean story. I would recommend this book for anyone who enjoys a great tale, no matter age or gender!
on July 27, 2012
Deja Blue is the sequel to Ruby Blue and let's just say Julie Cassar "Blew It Out Of The Water" with this one!
As a teenager enjoying her summer before her 18th birthday Ruby is just an ordinary girl or is she? She has a super hot boyfriend, an awesome but very gay best-friend, and two real life Fairy friends. This is no ordinary girl and she soon finds out that she is no longer just an ordinary teenager because of what happened with the dragon. Oh yes, I said dragon. If you haven't read the first Ruby Blue book then you must to find out about the incredible dragon and what happens to Ruby to make her even more special!

Now that she finds herself no longer just ordinary, she realizes someone is trying to kill her?! What? Seriously, what did she do that was so horrible? She is just Ruby, Scooby, or Kansas as her family and friends like to call her. So Ruby finds herself embroiled in new trials she never thought possible and adventures she never even dreamed of!

From mermaids and trolls to underwater night swimming and competitions so awesome it is unheard of, Ruby finds herself frightened and excited all in the same breath! Not only does she have to deal with all of that but one of her best-friends is now acting kind of strange. What is up with Brennan? Love/hate? Only the third book in the series will tell us! Can't wait to read it!

Cassar is a genius when it comes to YA writing! Someone compared her to Judy Blume and I would totally have to agree! Her books are witty and fun, they are full of adventure and intrigue, and the characters wrap around your heart and won't let go!

Please check out this latest installment of the Ruby Blue Series and I promise, like a fairy unable to lie, that you will NOT be disappointed!
on August 7, 2012
This book was awesome. I was enthralled from the very beginning. I am an avid reader and rarely read a book more than once, but Deja Blue is a book that I will read over and over again. It was even better than the first book in the series. I was a little sad when I reached the end because I didn't want to leave Ruby's world. Deja Blue is not just a book for teens. Adults will love it too. Thank you for bringing a little magic into the real world.
on January 5, 2013
I just knew that as soon as I got my hands on this book, that after reading book 1 (Ruby Blue) that it would fill the void for a while after having to leave Ruby at the end of book 1.

~~ Trolls ~~ Mermaids ~~ Dragons ~~ Fae ~~

As I re-enter the magical world of Ruby and her fae friends I'm once again immersed into another wild ride of an adventure!!
Your imagination runs ramped up as Ruby, along with her fae friends encounter trolls and mermaids. (oh no, this can`t be good because Ruby doesn't like fish!)

As you read Deja Blue you'll find yourself hooked as author Julie Cassar and her quirky loveable characters unfold so magnificently as words together continue in this amazing story.
I love the teen-age dialog that goes back and forth between the characters, Julie has nailed it perfectly in my opinion. So much so that I could quite easily see a teen-ager saying or talking the exact same way! Well done Julie Cassar...

Come along and enjoy this beautiful story or Ruby and friends as the very believable tale of magic, mystery and suspense is created just for us as the reader.

Brennan and Anya are franticly trying to find out who is after Ruby. (I love these two) why is Ruby in trouble again? Oh my, will Anya and Brennan ever find out who is after Ruby, and will it be in enough time if they do?
Ruby's gifts are going as each trial or adventure is encountered, ones that she never thought possible.

Author Julie Cassar is such a phenomenal in her writing style, as she captivates us all. Whether you're a YA or adult you will truly enjoy it just as I have. I promise you wont be disappointed one bit. You will fall in love with this series.

If you haven't yet to indulge yourself in the amazing world of Ruby, you are truly missing out on a terrific story and read. It will have you impatiently waiting for the next book to be released.

So beautifully written, with loveable characters that your mind and heart will be spinning on a roller coaster of a ride, so hurry up and jump on board as it comes to a slide.. But beware you are in for a dynamic ride!!! But I can promise you this ride wont end at that end of this book. So hold on tight.

Hurry up Ms Cassar, and give us some ore of Ruby and her friends so we can soar straight into "Sky Blue"

RUBY BLUE SERIES

Ruby Blue
Deja Blue
Sky Blue (to be released)

Recommend: YA and up
Rating: 5/5 angel stars

Angel Anne Reviews
on July 28, 2012
Ruby Blue (The Ruby Blue Series) Deja Blue is a fun book that moves more into the life of Ruby Blue....her developing relationship with Mr. Hottie (Nick) and all her little fairy friends. This book helps you to get to know Julies characters even more. Where she comes up with these ideas is beyond my wildest imagination. Ms Cassar does a great job of putting a little bit of history into her writing which makes it so believable. Being from Michigan, I love to hear the stories of the Great Lakes and the mysteries they contain....somehow Ms Cassar seems to know how to draw you into the beauty and mystery of the great Northern Michigan and its gems. Where this series is going to go is anybody's guess....but I know it has to be good and exciting. I'm not a youngster but I can tell you I like it as much as if I was 17 reading the book. It is believable.....it is fun....it is fast moving AND when is the next book coming out? Great Job!
on July 18, 2012
It's really amazing how the author manages to give Ruby such a unique voice. At no point in the book do you ever feel as if you're reading anything else but the characters actual thoughts and actions. It's beautifully written with just enough wit and snark to make it realistic.
Whether you are a teen or an adult, you will not be disappointed. I won't give anything away, but there are so many new and exciting things happening with Ruby in this installment; it's going to be torture waiting to see the outcome of everything in the third book! Nicely done!
on December 14, 2012
I read both books in this series and thoroughly enjoyed them. As a late-fifties woman who reads paranormal romance a lot, I am finding that well-written YA books are capturing my attention as well. It's funny that I can still relate to young adult feelings and perceptions! Some memories you just never lose I guess. This story will make you laugh, and after all, don't we all need that? You won't go wrong getting both of the books in this story...can't wait for the next one!
on October 27, 2013
I found Deja Blue more entertaining than the first book. This book was well-written and adventurous. Again, in my opinion, the suitable age group for this book is maybe 13-17 or maybe younger. And when Jeremy and Ruby were text messaging each other, I just have to say that it was hard for me to read it because I send all my text messages in full sentences and I don't use that many acronyms. (Well, beside LOL, since that is the only one I know).

Overall, I would recommend this for young readers, it is worth it.
on August 23, 2012
Book two in the Ruby Blue series does not disappoint. I liked the first one, I LOVE this book! The story is fantastical and believable at the same time. I really enjoyed the way that Ruby has matured a bit from the first book, she did after all just turn 18.

Continuing her relationship with Mr. Hotness gets tricky while dodging the scary stalker guy, train for a fairy competition, and learn to use her new dragon and Fae powers. We are introduced to Merpeople and Trolls in this new adventure of Ruby's.

Her relationships with the Fae Royal Courts get much more complicated and Brennan starts to act weird. The direction this book is taking Ruby has me begging for the next installment! My toes curled, I bellowed "NOOOOOO" at the end because I wanted more.

The story line is intriguing, it is very well written, and I just can't say enough good things about it.
on August 21, 2012
I had high hopes for this sequel and I was not disappointed. The story picks up where book #1 leaves off...both with the story and with the action. The story is fast paced and once I started, this book was almost impossible to put down. Julie Cassar is an excellent storyteller and I love that the characters and plot line are imaginative and original. She brings the character's to life - all the characters are flawed, but only more real and loveable for their flaws. This is a great book for all ages...not just the YA audience. I highly recommend this wonderful book.