|Product Dimensions||22.24 x 13.5 x 9.49 inches|
|Item model number||005V6C8|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Material Type||Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene|
|Number Of Items||1|
|Item Weight||6.79 pounds|
Diaper Dekor Plus Diaper Disposal System
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
|Unit Count||1 Count|
|Color||White w/Grey Trim|
|Material||Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene|
|Number of Items||1|
|Item Weight||6.79 Pounds|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||22.24 x 13.5 x 9.49 inches|
About this item
- Hands-Free Disposal: Simply step on the pedal and the lid opens
- Minimizes Odors: Unique trap door design prevents odors from escaping into your nursery
- Contemporary Design: Use anywhere in your home or as regular garbage can after diapers are done.
- Also Great for Pet Owners: Popular with dog owners, for kitty litter or in the garage!
- Holds up to 580 newborn baby diapers
Making diapering delightful for parents everywhere, Diaper Dékor Plus discreetly and effectively stores soiled diapers in an attractive, odor-free disposal system receptacle. The pleasing contemporary design complements any nursery and doubles as an elegant trash can for the kitchen or bathroom when no longer needed for Baby's diapers. Easy and economical to use, Diaper Dékor Plus' clever step-and-drop design keeps children and pets out and holds up to 46 diapers before a bag change is needed. Scratch-resistant ABS plastic can be cleaned with bleach for optimal hygiene. Includes a built-in, door-mounted liner cutter for easy removal, tying and disposal, odor-free triple seals and free refill. Ready to use with no assembly required. Uses Diaper Dékor Plus liner refills (sold separately). Imported. 21Hx12Wx9D".
IN NO EVENT, REGARDLESS OF CAUSE, SHALL THE SELLER BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER ARISING UNDER BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER BASED ON THIS AGREEMENT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Reviewed in the United States on June 18, 2016
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It holds a lot, we empty it about twice a week, and the refill cartridges last for AGES! We have used it for 3 months, about 8 or 9 diapers a day (since my son has an INCREDIBLE knack of pooping before, during and after we change him) and we are only about half way through our second cartridge in total. Like other reviewers, I would say they could do with putting a red strip at the end of the refill to let you know you're about to need to put a new one in, but you'd always have your next one ready to go anyway. The door latch isn't very strong, and so the door can open ajar when the bag is quite full and bulging, but again, you'd be changing it by that point anyway, and that would allow the door to close properly again.
It's a good price. The refills are not expensive, especially for how long they last. I'd definitely get it again.
EDIT: My son is now 7 months old and well and truly on solids with the stinky poop that goes with that. The system is also 7 months old, but all the springs and latches seem as strong as they were to begin with. Sadly, there is a bit of an odor to this system now, and I tend to keep it out in the hallway instead of by the changing station in his room, just so the smell isn't enclosed in one small room all the time. Out there, I honestly don't smell it unless I'm right up close to it, and don't feel the need to hide it when we have guests over.
I absolutely stand by my 4 stars. It is a good system, and I would purchase it again. You really need to remember what these systems are for, and that there will always be some degree of smell leakage from any diaper disposal system. My best advice is change the bag every 2-3 days, and clean with Lysol once a week.
Still a satisfied customer!
- Size - this holds a LOT of diapers, it definitely holds more than my (newer) diaper champ.
- Ease of use - foot pedal plus a drop down opening for the diaper to go through, plus the height of the pail makes it easy to use one handed
- Bags - it comes with a refill of bags pre-installed. The bags feed continuously, you tie the bottom off to create a closure in the bottom of the bag, and then the door h-as a bag cutter that works well when the pail is full. If you don't want to use their refills you can use a regular bag .
What I don't like about this diaper pail:
- Odor control - It would seem like it should have good odor control because there are essentially two pieces of plastic on the top to keep the pail closed, but the truth is that is has very poor odor control. Let me clarify, because some people are writing that it works well and others have reported that it doesn't. Parents of older babies and kids can tell you that when a baby starts eating a food that is predominantly BM or formula, their stools don't smell that bad (at least in comparison for what is to come). This pail holds the odors of my newborn's diapers very well and I have had no issues with his diapers. I stuck ONE poop diaper from my 2 year old in the pail and a couple hours later my entire upstairs area smelled awful.
This diaper pail works well for young babies as far as odor control, but the diaper champ that we use for our downstairs area is the clear winner for odor control for both babies diapers. The plastic on the diaper champ is thicker, and the closure is different, so that probably helps. The reason why I purchased this diaper pail rather than another diaper champ is because the diaper champ doesn't hold as many diapers as this pail does. This pail is larger and can hold more diapers. Both pails give you the option to use a regular trash bag, which is very appealing to me because I can use the same bags that I use for our kitchen trash bin. I think this pail will need to be replaced in a year or so when my baby starts having some seriously stinky diapers, but for now I am going to continue using it.
We just switched from disposables to cloth diapers, a friend suggested the Dekor for cloth - and I'm so glad she did! I love that the lid opens hands free, so I can pull the liner from my diaper and simply slide both pocket & liner into the bag. We use the Planet wise wet bags, rather than the Dekor bags the bin came with - (if you go that route, order an extra so you can be washing one and using the other). The bag fits perfectly inside the Dekor liner and creates no friction or problems with use of the Dekor system.
A feature I'm not using yet - but will appreciate when my little guy is a little older and getting into everything... is the little lock on the flap. I can lock it, he won't be able to add his toys and other treasures to the diaper bag... that is an excellent feature. Future 'missing phones / keys / remotes will not be found in the diaper pail - as the little lock makes it kid proof! (whew!)
I've been using the diaper genie for 6 months with my disposable diapers... a great system, however if I had know about the Dekor... I would have preferred this bin for my disposables as well. (Just my preference).
While we use reusable wet bags - I do like that the Dekor liners pull thru and can be cut as needed. As other diaper pails, the bottom opens up and there is a bag cutter attached inside - clever!
We are really happy with our purchase, and would suggest it to anyone in the business of diapering. (I empty ours every 2-3 days and have never detected an odour from it). This is a very well thought out pail - and you are really getting value for your dollar.