Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating PSFF17_gno
Customer Discussions > L.A. Noire - Playstation 3 forum

"Delay in delivery due to external factors" at Phoenix AZ

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 65 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 17, 2011, 1:37:37 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 17, 2011, 1:38:37 AM PDT
Alican Gok says:
My copy of LA Noire was shipped a few hours ago from Phoenix, AZ, but the latest tracking status shows up as "Delay in delivery due to external factors"

Anyone else got the same status?

(I'm in LA btw)

Posted on May 17, 2011, 1:39:36 AM PDT
James Adams says:
Me too must be the bad weather in Phoenix.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2011, 1:43:20 AM PDT
Alican Gok says:
Bad weather?

Weather is perfect in Phoenix: http://www.wunderground.com/US/AZ/Phoenix.html

Posted on May 17, 2011, 1:47:27 AM PDT
James Adams says:
I'm a government employee, we talk in sarcasm. Maybe the ups driver got to an intersection where he had to turn left and could not get the turn signal to work. Or he is still driving in circles doing right hand turns and not getting anywhere.

Posted on May 17, 2011, 2:44:23 AM PDT
Yung says:
Midnight release For me...after something similar happened when I preordered KillZone 3 with release day delivery from Amazon

Posted on May 17, 2011, 4:13:48 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 17, 2011, 4:14:48 AM PDT
darkitp says:
the shipping business should be treated like the pizza delivery if it come late , you get the pizza ( game ) for free

Posted on May 17, 2011, 4:29:15 AM PDT
imseksy says:
yep same here.. i think that plane from phoenix is supposed to land in ontario. but from my understanding they found out the plane (or whatever) had a mechanical problem then they should have either unloaded all the shipments and put it on another plane or send it by ground. takes approx 5-6 hours to get to ontario from phoenix no? bummed out too cuz tomorrow is my day off and was looking forward to playing it all day.

Posted on May 17, 2011, 6:03:27 AM PDT
Josh Daws says:
Me too. Blurg. Had cleared my afternoon to play it. :-(

Posted on May 17, 2011, 6:05:57 AM PDT
Alican Gok says:
Bad news: Amazon sent an e-mail saying the package could be delayed by 1-2 days.
Good news: It's in Albuquerque now

Posted on May 17, 2011, 6:42:18 AM PDT
Saul Amador says:
Im in California too. Phoenix to LA is easily a day away. Next entry in tracking is New Mexico.....the opposite way. -_-

Posted on May 17, 2011, 7:09:52 AM PDT
C.W. says:
Any of you waiting to play the game and having it delayed? Go buy it from your local Target, Wal-Mart, BB, etc. Then, just keep the reciept and return the unopened Amazon game once you recieve it. As long as you don't care about the suit download code, not a dealbreaker.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2011, 8:33:07 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 17, 2011, 8:34:03 AM PDT
Shave Ready says:
I am sure if we return it to Amazon we'll lose the $15 credit for pre-ordering the game months ago. We wouldn't be able to return the sealed Amazon copy of the game to a retail store because the serial numbers will be different.

I am not happy waiting for two more days.

Posted on May 17, 2011, 8:34:54 AM PDT
Aslam Jilani says:
This sucks.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2011, 8:50:45 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 17, 2011, 8:50:57 AM PDT
C.W. says:
No. I'm not talking about returning the game to Amazon. I'm talking about returning the copy you recieve from Amazon to whichever store you buy a copy from today. And, no, the UPCs will not be different. That's why they call them UPCs--UNIVERSAL Product Code.

Seriously, anyone who has a delayed order, do this. I've done it before and it works fine. Just don't open your amazon copy when you recieve it in the mail and return it at whatever store you buy your copy from today with the receipt. Cash back or however you pay for it. No problems.

Posted on May 17, 2011, 8:52:13 AM PDT
@ NoahShops

Games don't have serial numbers, they have UPCs which are all the same. It's not like a phone that has an IMEI specific to that device. We could very well just go buy a game from a retail store, and then return the Amazon copy there considering the UPC will be the same.

That said, it's annoying to think I would have to resort to that to play a game I should be receiving without even having to drive anywhere.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2011, 8:55:33 AM PDT
Aslam Jilani says:
I will be buying from gamestop or bestbuy when they open. I'm wounding though are the pre order codes inside the box for both stores? I want to try and get a pre order bonus since I'll be missing out on amazons suit.

Posted on May 17, 2011, 9:22:17 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 17, 2011, 9:23:09 AM PDT
received the same damn email... i agree with the comment above, if the game wasn't delivered on the date as ADVERTISED... the game should be free or at least some sort of compensation should be given to the customers. the "apology" means diddly squat to me at this point. good luck getting me to pre-order ANY game from amazon again.

Posted on May 17, 2011, 9:27:51 AM PDT
Mine has been in transit in Phoenix since yesterday at 4pm. Strange....

Posted on May 17, 2011, 9:31:59 AM PDT
I talked to a representative online. Originally she was going to just refund the $.99 that I paid for release date delivery. I ended up getting an extra $5 promotional credit on top of the $15 that we were originally entitled to for pre-ordering the game. Small potatoes, but something, at least.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2011, 10:23:43 AM PDT
i did the same thing, contacted customer support, they offered me 5$ in promotional credit. thanks for the advice.

I suggest everyone who received the same delay email to contact customer support and ask for the promotional credit right away.

Posted on May 17, 2011, 10:41:52 AM PDT
GUS GUS says:
thats why i went to k mart this morning got a 20 dollars credit and a free game $19.99 and under......(lego star wars ....everything else i owned it already but it still is a freebie) annd inside of the game box i have a voucher for some traffic case or something....

Posted on May 17, 2011, 10:50:11 AM PDT
I won't be contacting customer support until I get an e-mail about a delay, or it simply doesn't arrive on time.

Posted on May 17, 2011, 11:13:16 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 17, 2011, 11:13:33 AM PDT
E. Rey says:
I got $10 in promo credit. Wooo!!!!!

Now, what to do with my $25 promo. Pre-order Dark Souls perhaps?

Posted on May 17, 2011, 11:30:49 AM PDT
Karim Garcia says:
i just contacted customer support and they offered me another 15 dollar promotional credit...sweet

Posted on May 17, 2011, 11:32:39 AM PDT
Aslam Jilani says:
They gave me $20 credit after I emailed them.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  41
Total posts:  65
Initial post:  May 17, 2011
Latest post:  25 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

This discussion is about
L.A. Noire - Playstation 3
L.A. Noire - Playstation 3 by Rockstar Games (PlayStation 3)
4.0 out of 5 stars (606)