Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012, 8:15:16 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 10, 2012, 8:15:51 PM PDT
Ed Detlie says:
On the Apple keyboard, pressing the fn + Backup keys works as a delete key - not so with this keyboard. Do they not know, or are they being disingenuous? Either way, it's a design flaw, and they should own up. Overall, I like the folio and keyboard, but Kensington usually doesn't miss the small stuff like shut-off for the New IPad and a delete key combo like, ahem, Apple.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 12, 2012, 2:20:58 PM PDT
I contacted Kensington about this problem (I have the same issue). Bottom line, Apple views themselves as gods and do not think you need a delete key. So they won't allow anyone else to give you one, either. Here was Kensington's response:

"Thank you for contacting Kensington Technical Support.

The Kensington KeyFolio is equipped with a standard Apple keyboard layout. Be advised, the on screen keyboard displayed on your iPad is not equipped with a standard 'delete key'. If you observe, the on screen keyboard has only a standard 'backspace key', hence the iPad does not recognize the delete function.   

For Example, the key "F1" is Help, once the keyboard is paired, up and running, if your press "F1" , the function will not respond as Apple has not assigned any function pertaining to "F1" on iPad, hence there are no function keys on your on-screen iPad keyboard, similar with print screen key. In a way, only the common keys on your on-screen iPad keyboard and the Kensington Keyfoilo keyboard would work. However, if you pair the unit with a MAC or a Windows based computers all the keys on the keyboard including the function keys would respond, because function keys on a computer is a pre assigned function.

Moreover, even if you do purchase a different keyboard for your iPad, still the function keys,shortcut keys would not respond, the reason above explained."

Posted on Dec 17, 2012, 10:57:24 PM PST
Sirtenly says:
I noticed the same problem. Something wrong with the answer from Kensington. My wife bought a very similar case from Brookstone in April 2012. The keyboard looks and feels the same except it doesn't say Kensington on it. I checked her key board and tne delete key works. So - better programers at Brookstone? or did Apple let one slip by?

Posted on Jan 17, 2014, 9:57:33 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 17, 2014, 9:58:07 PM PST
J.R. says:
This is no longer an issue. I got my Keyfolio Pro 2 on Dec 27, 2013 (had ordered Dec 24, 2013) and the delete key works fine on my iPad 3rd gen.

Posted on Apr 8, 2012, 6:58:02 PM PDT
Jen W says:
I have the same issue

Posted on Apr 13, 2012, 8:07:21 PM PDT
jtk says:
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

Posted on Apr 15, 2012, 5:50:24 AM PDT
Me! says:
Does this case offer a Wake/Sleep mode?
Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2015, 9:12:10 PM PDT
where is the delete key

Initial post: Mar 29, 2012, 8:46:52 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 3, 2014, 11:13:32 AM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Mar 29, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 17, 2015