Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 32 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 51 reviews
on February 21, 2014
I thought this was a great read. It had a good flow and was intriguing and I had a hard time putting down. Each chapter had a different main author and that it made it interesting as you are not getting subjected to the same mom the whole book. I liked that the authors for each chapter had multiple kids too. I am a mom of three and sometimes when I read about organizing or finding joy in your life when you are a mother of one, I find it hard to identify with them. I feel that one kid is much different than having three or more. It introduces a whole new perspective and I like that the authors all had multiple kids and that really helped. Granted all of mothering is tough and each stage and child has their own challenges. I just identified more and was able to see that I can cultivate the particular power if someone with a whole lot of kids can.
on August 29, 2014
I ended up not finishing this book. My children are a bit older and many of the lessons I have learned along the way already. I think if I was still at home with a lot of little ones trying to find my place as a mother I might have found more value in it. I also felt like the women who they chose to write the chapters were a bit "too much". I felt that one of the themes of this book was trying to say how important it is to be a mother and not beat yourself up if you are not your idea of a perfect mother and to enjoy the journey, don't compare etc. Yet, the bios of the mothers at the end of the book were almost comical at times at all the things they were doing BESIDES being a mother. The women ran charities and famous blogs and were authors etc. etc. Most of us are average we help with homework, clean, pay bills, volunteer in the classroom, go to church and love our family simply. So if we don't want to beat ourselves up that that is not enough then really we shouldn't be reading this book especially the bios at the end of each chapter!
on December 15, 2013
I'm not much of a reader but found this to be a quick and easy ready with great topics any mom can relate to. It's broken into 12 chapters so you can take one chapter a month and work on one topic at a time or you can read it all at once. It's written by numerous moms instead of one author. I love that this book made me feel normal! I realized that all of the frustrations/joys/lack of patience, etc was something every mom feels.

I've heard some ladies say they were going to buy a copy to give as gifts at baby showers but I disagree. I don't think it can be fully appreciated until you have a child for a little while and start experiencing some of the typical things that come with motherhood. I think back to the days before I had kids and don't think I would have understood. Having said that, it would be a wonderful gift for ladies after they have been a mom for a little while.
on June 2, 2013
I love this book. The authors in this book keep it real, and remind me how important motherhood is. They share their crazy motherhood stories and some of the great moments of motherhood. Whenever I read a chapter out of this book, I am inspired to be a little bit better mom.
on December 12, 2013
Such a great book! I have loved reading, learning and studying from this. Bite sized chapters that work for a quick pick me up and dose of encouragement. Great ideas and nice take-aways too! I ordered this to give as a Christmas gift to all the women in my family, in laws and all.
on January 23, 2013
Love this book. It is filled with short essays from real moms that share their tips and personal experiences. It is heart-warming, inspiring, and filled with great insight. It really makes you want to refocus and be the best mother you can be, and it has lots of ways to help you do that.
on October 9, 2013
For light reading and a quick pick-me-up, this book gives just the right dose of reflective lessons learned and inspiration for all Moms. Having multiple authors and various stories/experiences featured from additional writers/bloggers/Moms gives a broader perspective for Women in all stages of motherhood. Good read, would recommend.
on September 17, 2013
I was feeling discouraged while trying to take care of my four kids under five. I didn't even think I would have time to read this! But, these chapters have helped put my life back in order and re aligned my perspective. These women are great at validating the hard stuff all while being your cheerleader and therapist.
on July 2, 2014
What a wonderful book filled with essays and thoughts on a variety of traits that can bring richness to our lives as mothers -- and more broadly as women and wives. I found it uplifting and a good reminder of those things I should treasure about parenting.
on January 6, 2013
Fantastic, thought provoking book. The book made me think about the pace we are living at and the impact that is having on us as individuals and a family. There's a number of different perspectives in the book (though mainly large families) and a mix of short and long pieces.