Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 10 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 11 reviews
on April 13, 2012
I don't understand; others said the table of contents is working, but it's not linked back to the Kindle option. These recipes appear very good, but be aware that many use boxed cake mixes, refrigerator rolls, pudding mix, whipped topping and other "prepared" ingredients. So if you're adverse to those, you'll have to inspect the recipes closely. The author shows the number of calories per serving, which is a great help.

My personal preference is to have the recipes organized by ingredient, alphabetical order or in this case - calories, but that's just my preference... overall a good book that is nicely formatted. Before you dive in, look for the fat in these recipes - just because they're low calorie, doesn't mean they are fat-free.
on January 23, 2013
There are a lot of quick makes. Very nice format, could do without the ads throughout but they weren't intrusive. Loved all the recipes I've tried so far. And the best part is a lot of these items are in a normal house anyway.
on January 21, 2013
What a great book for people who are wanting tasty treats without feeling guilty after! There are many options from cakes and everything in-between. I will be making some.
on February 12, 2013
Take it everywhere I go. I has tones of ideas. easy to read. A must have for every dessert lover that is trying a healthy lifestyle.
on March 7, 2013
This book has a number of tasty treats that are easy to make and to eat.
Something for everyone's dessert tastes.
on February 12, 2013
Good Book I would really highly recommend it to anyone. Try it you will like it very much so much.
on February 18, 2013
Who wouldn't love deserts that a low in calories and easy to whip up on a spur of the moment
on May 13, 2012
I am always looking for new desserts to make when I go to functions and family/friends gatherings. I love this for my kindle.
on April 5, 2012
Joan has done a great job with this book. First of all, the format of the book is excellent. She has a working TOC and she list the calories per serving next to each recipe in the TOC. This is the first book that I have seen like this. It is really a time saver for someone like me who likes to skip around a little bit while reading.

The best part of the book is of course the great recipes. I have already made 2 of them, Pears a L'Orange and Poppy Seed Lemon Cookies and they were both great! Next up, the Gooey S'mores.

Excellent job Joan!
on April 3, 2012
Wow, Joan has a collection of excellent recipes starting with Carrot Cake Squares and Cinnamon Crisps both under 130 calories.

I should not look at books with recipes because I start heading to the kitchen to try them out even before I get through the book.

This book with "Deserts AND Under 250 Calories" is just too good to pass up. I am not much of a cook but I am going to try and fix up some of these. Keeping the calories low helps my Type II Diabetes blood sugar from going through the roof.