Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 53 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 55 reviews
on August 25, 2012
I found it very hard to put down. It was very well written and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
I read a lot and therefore find many stories repetative but this one had some fresh ideas. Many are weighed down with desciptions and atmospheric details but "Delilah's Flame" gave you just enough to feel like you were a part of it.
Now where can I find me a sexy cowboy?
I have read a couple of books from this author and am impressed! Well done Ms Parnell!
on December 28, 2013
I love a Western. I love the history of making this country and so much of the excitement seemed to be out west. This story brought in hints of the strife of the Chinese workers and bigotry, taking down the bad guys and overcoming hardship to make life the best you can. It was all done very smoothly and without too much detail to pull you down.

I love the strong women in the story from our main character who uses her voice and beauty to sing her way into the dreams of the men and tease them with her mystery, to the younger sister who is in love with a man out of her reach, or is he? The oriental woman who raised them and the English Aunt who took over raising them and polished their rough edges Last but not least is the woman who helped to raise our love interest, a strong no nonsense women with a loving heart and a woman I would love to have as a friend. They all have a great impact on Delilah/Lila and the woman she is trying to become. Great characters!!

It is a great journey to take. I loved the story, but as with the other reviews, the ending left me wanting. It was a good ending, don't get me wrong...I just felt it needed one more twist to tie it up.

It was the perfect book to curl up with if front of the fire and indulge in after the Christmas Holiday and I would recommend it to anyone who loves American History, strong woman and a good romance. Happy Reading!
on September 3, 2012
I didn't really plan to read much of this book when I started, however, once I started I couldn't put down. A real page turner, each page propels you to the next and the next. The story line is fresh, the characters very well described and depicted. I love that both Delilah and Tabor have such strong characters but also vulnerable.

The reasons I'm not giving it 5 stars are:
1. I felt the story was dragged in parts, especially pertaining to Delilah's stubbornness that leaned towards stupidity, endangering herself to such great extreme, and too stretched to fill in pages and words, and slowed the story down, I skipped a lot of these pages.
2. The ending was way to abrupt, after their long search and journey finding each other, with so many misunderstandings, I feel that there could be some explanations, some time to savor their discovery or re-discovery of each other. An epilogue or a closing chapter would give this book a satisfying HEA feeling.

I probably will write another book from the author, I find the writing exceptional and this book is extremely well written, as long as it's more fast paced.
on September 20, 2012
This is a surprisimgly lovely story to be free.. its worthy of more than that. The characters and plot is well thought out. My few nitpicks are the pace is slow in portions, the ending is a huge disapointment (last couple pages) with the details in the rest of the story one wonders where the authors mind went to lose touch like that in the end? Never heard last mention of the lost pearls, thought those would come into play again. Also Beetle... what happened to her, poor thing? Assumptions to what would happen to her, but the event skipped over. Would have again liked a better, less massively rushed ending, and with more to where they would end up with their happily ever after. I would have given three stars, but kindly stretched to four. Worth reading, just prepare yourself for imperfections. I will most likely read again in future, editing my imaginationsin to fill in the gaps. (excuse typing skills, first read and first feedback through kindle)
on February 16, 2013
**spoiler alert**

The ending was beyond disappointing, and I could see no way to discuss the reason without revealing what happened. Don't read the final two paragraphs if you don't want to know how the "happily-ever-after" comes to be.

Perhaps this wasn't the best introduction to the author's work. I wanted to lose myself in the story, which left the starting gate in an admirable rush with an intriguing premise, but I couldn't. Told from an omniscient perspective that occasionally dips into deep point of view for almost every character in the book, the writing style is a tad distracting. A couple of plot threads seemed contrived (Heroine kidnapped twice by the same villain? Really?) and one of the Big Questions planted at the very beginning of the story was barely answered, and then off-stage. While the plot didn't seem cliched, it offered few surprises.

HERE COMES THE SPOILER.

Not only did the final few scenes ask an important question that wasn't answered, but in my mind it's impossible to call satisfying or "happily ever after" an ending in which, during the final few pages, the heroine drugs the hero and sneaks in a preacher to marry them while the hero is not in control of his faculties. (The author goes to great lengths to let readers know the hero is unable to object.) That sort of contrivance might work early in a story, but for a romance novel to end on that note is unfortunate. If the hero pulled the same trick, his actions would be reprehensible. The tactic is no more palatable when employed by the heroine.

The author could have gone in many other directions, but instead she chose a consummation scene that, because the hero is drugged into acquiescense, amounts to rape. After Hero recovers his faculties, his final words to Heroine are spoken in anger. Her flippant response, while cute, falls far short of undoing the damage.
on September 17, 2012
Delilahs Flame by Andrea Parnell. I usually know by the first to third page if i will enjoy a book. This one had me for the first sentance to the last! i enjoyed the details of everything envolved from places to people to clothes. Mrs. Parnell has a wonderfull way of bringing you into her world and holding you untill the end. Delilah's Flame is one of the books i own that i would definally reread again and again, and look for more of Mrs. Parnell's books. Stayed up untill almost midnight reading because i could not put it down till the end.
on August 26, 2012
This was a fun, fast paced read! I loved the feisty and fiery Delilah, and who doesn't love a sexy rugged cowboy that needs to be tamed! You can't go wrong with this one! Enjoy!
on September 21, 2012
At the beginning I thought this story would be one typical of the West and hardships of single women. I was pleasantly surprised as the more I read the more interesting the story developed ,, Delilah and Tabor were meant for each other but from her troubled past Delilah kept fighting her attraction to him !! She needs to protect her sister and fight her own emotions towards Tabor but underneath it all there are other forces and enemies at play against them,!
Enjoyed story from beginning to end !
on March 19, 2014
If you like old westerns with rakish cowboys, love, lust, a thrill, and extreme sexual tension then you will love this book!!! The plotline was heavy and riff with reason, and as thrilling as True Grit. There were moments of terror & tension...love and extreme passion! This author is a gem and I plan on reading many many more of her books if they are on Kindle!
on September 6, 2012
i love the plot and character development couldn't put the book down til i finished it will read more from this author