Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Final Fantasy XIV Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 80 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 103 reviews
on March 24, 2013
This is an entertaining "fly on the wall" account of the authors journey from his first failed and successful businesses up to the sale of Zappos to Amazon.com for ~us$1bn. As an entreprenuer I had previously been inspired by many aspects of Zappos' culture and this book gives more of the background to that. I think the biggest takeaway is to learn just how close (and how often) Zappos' was to failure as it grew to finally turn a profit, around five years after it was started.

Based on the headlines, it had seemed to me that the author had led a charmed life, turning his midas touch from one business to another. Turns out the truth is very different and author is just as human as the rest of us with the main difference that he has made some very big bets in his life, bets which very nearly went bad. Personally I found this very inspiring.
on May 23, 2015
I thought the chance to purchase on of the business world's must read books in graphic novel form would be a novel idea. Turns out I read the whole thing in one setting. I don't know if the book itself have more detail, but I loved how engaged I was. I realized it was because I really wanted to know how people succeed. And then at un-forewarned moments the book would throw an insightful nugget in the mix and inspire you to change your whole method to becoming happy and successful. I'm willing to bet you'd find helpful moments the author just threw in to move the story forward, but becomes a Swarmi moment to you. Loved that it was a quick read and had great info!
on September 20, 2015
I LOVE Zappos and this cartoon-like story of their beginning is so cute - you can read it in an hour and really explains the founder's feelings, tough decisions, etc. I'd say anyone starting a business might want to thumb thru this - won't take you long. I love Zappos even more now!
on February 24, 2017
Very nonstandard way to share the great experience and ideas behind Zappos and its success and happiness of its founders, clients and employees. It is not only a challenge, but mainly passion!
on July 29, 2012
You can spend so much time reading the hard, formal, theoretical books that have some interesting anecdotes, tools and tips. But if you need a break for the heavy lifting of personal development but do not want to waste your time on trash reading then this is the perfect book for you.

Not often can you enjoy a great read and still take away a number of learnings...in fact this will challenge most people to do more, do it differently and do it now than many other business books.

At its very core this is a simple story about a very passionate group of people that have delivered a dream. Scratch deeper and you find a book that is broken into 3 key sections:

1. Profits;
2. Profit and Passion;
3. Profits, Passion and Purpose

Tony Hsieh shares his personal jouney, warts and all, and we learn about many things in the process. Things like committing fully to your dream and vision, inspiring those around you, never giving up, focusing on your customers, developing a strong culture, keeping the right people and creating a business model that is sustainable in the short and long term. Sounds so simple...and it is...but harder to put into practice each and every day. Reading this book will not give you the tools, models and frameworks of a HBR but it is not suppose to. What it will give you is a renewed sense of passion, purpose and the desire to create profit...

What more could you ask for!
on December 31, 2014
Amazon description did not specify this is a comic book. It is not in traditional Kindle page format, more like screenshots of each page of an actual comic book. It is very difficult to read, it cannot be zoomed in, can only be hyper zoomed with the magnifying bubble. I would have bought the real kindle format
Of the original book, had I known. Very frustrated.
on March 25, 2015
Didn't read description thoroughly...so I was wanting to buy the book, but this is a comic book version. It's too much trouble to return. Anyway, be sure you are buying the right one!
on May 14, 2016
The product was promptly sent however was definitely not what expected...it was a comic book on the topic. I saw my request in a bookstore so knew what to expect so imagine my disappointment when it came. Thought I misread the post.
on October 16, 2016
It never occurred to me that I could find the business advice I was looking for in a comic book format. Delivering Happiness is a very refreshing biographic business manifesto surprise.
on July 5, 2016