Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Prophets of Rage Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Customer reviews

Size: 1 pack|Change

Showing 1-10 of 149 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 156 reviews
on August 13, 2011
Tired of the flimsy clear plastic battery cases spilling their contents into your backpack or briefcase? This is the product for you! The clear plastic case lets you see the contents without opening the lid. The lid map look like the same material as in the flimsy clear plastic cases, but it is about twice as thick. The latches are very secure yet easy to open and shut. The lid will stay open and the unit will not tip over when the lid is open. The batteries are nestled in a high-density foam material that occupies the lower portion of the clamshell. It holds them fairly lightly and the batteries are easy to remove. There are four little "feet" on the bottom made of the same high-density foam. They extend out from small foot-shaped cutouts in the lower clamshell (which is made from the same heavy clear plastic as the top). This could let in water, but the lid does not seal water/air tight anyway, so the unit is not at all waterproof, except against a casual splash. The case does weight a bit more than the flimsy clear plastic units. All-in-all a great unit - wish it came in 4 and 2 battery models.
on September 1, 2011
This review is for the "Delkin Battery 8 Cell Storage Case Battery Holder" that I purchased from Thomas Distributing.

The short:
Sure you pay a bit more than some other battery containers...but these are damn good and durable! I particularly like them because they're a snug fit for the batteries so you don't have to deal with any rattling when moving around. Unless of course you like to do that while you're bored...then you'd probably should settle for one of those cheapo ones.

The long:
First a little history. I had bought two very similar ones from Fry's Electronics about some 6-7 years ago to hold the NiMH rechargeables I bought at the same time. They were the only containers that held more than the usual assortment of 4 batteries. I was wary of the plastic snap-on clamp as I was afraid they'd break fairly quickly even with intermittent use. Fortunately, I was wrong.

Fast forward to present and I'm cycling out those old NiMH as they're pretty much dead and replacing them with Sanyo's eneloop. Since I have Xbox360 controllers, Wii controllers, clock radio, and many other devices that use AA batteries, I needed more. I also needed more storage cases.

Much to my dismay, Fry's no longer carried them. Thankfully, however, found them here on Amazon by "Thomas Distributing". Not only are the very same style of cases...but they even improved them! They added little legs on the underside to help give it some grip from sliding around. I didn't see any photos of it for the item so I uploaded some for your viewing pleasure.

These newer improved ones feature little legs on the underside to stop it from sliding. Also makes it easy to stack these cases atop each other. My old ones would slide off when nudged. These on the other hand stay. I'm sure a more practical application is if you place it on a slanted edge..it won't slide off like my old ones would...not that it'd matter much as these are darn durable cases (well okay...maybe it'll get scratched up and nicked...as most things still will when dropped).

Pros:
* Very durable cases
* Snug fit. Batteries don't rattle around
* Even has rubber legs to prevent sliding

Cons:
* Plastic snap-on clips. I *suspect* they'll break in due time. Yet...even my 6-7 year old ones haven't broken yet!
review image
VINE VOICEon July 18, 2016
I store a lot of rechargeable batteries for my job recording sound for films. I need a solid, convenient case to hold my batteries in my sound bag. This is a higher quality case than the cheap plastic ones.

Recommended. Works well, it's yellow, so easy to find, and it lasts. I've had mine for maybe three years now.
VINE VOICEon March 21, 2012
This a great AA/AAA battery storage case. The case dimensions are about 5x4x3/4 (roughly the size of an iPhone but thicker) making it easy to carry in a pocket or travel case. The lining is made from a high grade vulcanized soft yellow rubber that keeps your batteries securely in place. The latches easily snap open and close and will not come loose by themselves. The bottom of the case has feet that allow the case traction on smooth surfaces so the user can easily exchange batteries with one hand. I especially like the clear plastic construction because I can easily see which batteries are in the case. The clear plastic feature comes in handy because I use rechargeable batteries that I number by set of 4 with a marker. I number a set of four batteries #1, another set of four batteries #2 etc. If set #1 is in the case but not #2 then I know that set #1 are dead and that I am currently using set #2 while sets #3 and #4 are fully charged and ready to be used once set #2 are out of juice. This system helps me keep track of which batteries are spent, in use, and fully charged while I am working video and photo gigs.
I highly recommend this battery case over any other brand currently on the market.
on June 8, 2011
i honestly dont think my batteries need such a thick/ strong case but hey ill take it. the yellow portion is made of rubber not plastic like i thought it would be and the AA batteries fit perfect in the slots. great way to keep from losing batteries bcuz ive already lost some of my rechargables.. plus it seems semi water resistant which is nice

the only downside.. its a little heavier then id like cuz i take these batteries backpacking, but hey if you wanna save weight for that bring a plastic baggy instead.. id buy this product again fursure
on April 26, 2016
I have practically every brand of battery case there is, and this by far is my favorite. All the others allow the batteries to flop around, yet this one holds each battery snugly in place.
on May 11, 2011
I have bought several battery cases to see which ones works best for me. Among them was a Think Tank battery case at twice the price. However, this one was by far the best with respect to quality and price. AAAs roll around a bit in it, but it's not made for AAAs, so that's fine. I immediately ordered a few more.
on April 12, 2016
I bought the Malamute and the Delkin to compare. They are EXACTLY identical. Same manufacturer. Quality seems great. Time will tell. LOVE this idea to keep batteries findable, safe and together. Will buy more
on September 14, 2011
I didn't realize how challenging it would be to find a good quality battery case. I have been looking everywhere and buying so many cheap ones in the process that just don't cut it. This case is wonderful! It holds standard size AA batteries snugly. AAAs will rattle around a bit but no big deal there. The plastic is VERY sturdy, feels like a good, stiff tupperware (back when they were made well). The plastic is not brittle so this case can take a bit of a beating if you use it for travel. The clasps hold on good and tight though they will probably be the first thing to break down the line. The good thing is it will be much farther down the line than ALL the other cases I have tried. The insert is a rubber-ish material. I wouldn't go so far as to say it is waterproof, but the latches hold the lid down to the rubber insert so tightly that it is definitely water resistant. Hands down this is the best battery case I have seen and owned. WELL WORTH THE SLIGHTLY HIGHER PRICE!!
on June 7, 2016
Seems sturdy and well built. The closing tabs could be thicker but I have had no problems so far. The inside of the case is yellow rubber that holds AA batteries securely. There is also rubber feet on the bottom to keep the plastic case from sliding.